uniqs

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler

Premium Member

Pro-(T-Mobile) Consumer, Yes

When compared to all other carriers equivalently priced plans, it's a plus for the T-Mobile consumer. Equivalent plans from AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint are all data capped, so getting something for nothing is a plus for the T-Mobile consumer.

Granted, having an incentive like this screws up free market behavior (artificial barriers or entry to "free data" qualifications). I just can't argue that T-Mobile customers are getting shafted when other providers give their customers less.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212

While I am not exactly thrilled abut tmobile doing this I don't think they are the only one and its still better than what the others offer. Saturday before last I switched from sprint to tmobile. Why? Overall cost was less and better(in my mind) mobile internet. Tmobile offers 1GB, 3GB 5GB, and unlimited 4G access plans(each costing $10 over the lower one). Yeah not perfect but they do offer an unlimited 4G plan unlike the others and even without the unlimited plan once you hit the cap they don't start charging you more they just throttle you to 2G speeds(~200kbps). That way you are't up the creek without a paddle, just up the creek with a slow paddle.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

Sprint also offers an Unlimited Data Plan....
bigballer
join:2014-09-25

bigballer

Yes, but do they have a network?

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

Yes. And I'm guaranteed "Unlimited for Life" on it.
bigballer
join:2014-09-25

bigballer

Not when I had them. They were god awful and almost unusable. I travelled halfway across the country from Colarado to North Carolina to Buffalo/Niagra falls. Sprint's network was terrible.

Unlimited, but no quality.

KennyWest
@173.0.5.x

KennyWest to IPPlanMan

Anon

to IPPlanMan
For the life of what? That's the question. Of your phone? Of your contract? As long as you never take an upgrade? As long as you are a customer? Or until they decide that they don't have enough cash and are sold off to a new investor trying to make a fast buck or split up?

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan
said by IPPlanMan:

Sprint also offers an Unlimited Data Plan....

Not at the prices T-Mobile's offering - especially for family plans. Closest I've seen Sprint get to T-Mobile's $25/head are framily plans at 1 GB/mo.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan to KennyWest

to KennyWest
How The Sprint Unlimited Guarantee Works:

See: »newsroom.sprint.com/news ··· plan.htm
- All customers on an Unlimited, My Way plan or a My All-in plan will have unlimited talk and text guaranteed for the life of the line of service.
- Customers who select unlimited data on an Unlimited, My Way plan or a My All-in plan will have unlimited data guaranteed for the life of the line of service.
- The guarantee will apply to customers as long as they remain on the plan, meet the terms and conditions of the plan and pay their bill in full and on-time.
- The guarantee is non-transferrable.