spc
Search similar:

uniqs
steve1111
join:2009-09-23
Albany, NY

steve1111

[Other] Page Plus Cellular

When I try to call anybody using my cellphone, there are four quick beeps and the call goes dead. Also I can't get onto the pagepluscellular website. Is there a problem on their end?

slyphoxj
join:2002-06-23
united state

slyphoxj

said by steve1111:

When I try to call anybody using my cellphone, there are four quick beeps and the call goes dead. Also I can't get onto the pagepluscellular website. Is there a problem on their end?

I just placed a call to the Cleveland, OH weather line (216-931-1212)... worked OK for me. I can't, however, get onto the Page Plus website.

I just also texted BAL to 7243... that's working OK.

I'm running a Boost Moto G flashed to Page Plus.
taoman
Premium Member
join:2013-09-13
Seattle, WA

taoman to steve1111

Premium Member

to steve1111
I have 2 Page Plus lines and both are working fine for incoming and outgoing calls.
Page Plus web site does appear to be down at the moment.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg to steve1111

Premium Member

to steve1111
I also use PagePlus, and my phone is working. I was on the PagePlus website this morning and just tried (1.43pm CST) and had no problem getting on (even though downloading some Smithsonian episodes at 25 Mbps...)

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952 to steve1111

Premium Member

to steve1111
said by steve1111:

Also I can't get onto the pagepluscellular website. Is there a problem on their end?

I am sure their website is being hit with massive traffic now. They just sent this SMS out to all of their customers:

"FREE PPC MSG: You are now eligible to upgrade to faster, 4G LTE data speeds! Info here »ow.ly/EhXni"

brg
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

1 edit

brg

Premium Member

said by crazyk4952:

They just sent this SMS out to all of their customers:

No they didn't. Not one of the several PagePlus phones I own or have access to has received that SMS.

The 4G LTE is nice, even if it is throttled to 5/2...

Edited to add: I'm active on the Kitty Wireless PagePlus forum. Nobody there has (yet) owned up to having received such a SMS...

crazyk4952
Premium Member
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by brg:

said by crazyk4952:

No they didn't. Not one of the several PagePlus phones I own or have access to has received that SMS.

The 4G LTE is nice, even if it is throttled to 5/2...

Edited to add: I'm active on the Kitty Wireless PagePlus forum. Nobody there has (yet) owned up to having received such a SMS...

That's weird. I got it on my PP phone and it came from the shortcode 7243 (this is the same one that you use to check your balance).
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to steve1111

Premium Member

to steve1111
Page Plus is now owned (as of 2013) by the same company that owns Tracfone.

TracFone is América Móvil's U.S. arm, and offers wireless service through several brands including TracFone, Straight Talk, Telcel America, Net10 and SafeLink.

América Móvil is owned by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim.

-----

Page Plus customer service had been in Ohio but now they are shutting that down.

Despite announcing with great fanfare that no changes would be made after Tracfone announced the purchase of Page Plus Cellular last year, it seems that America Movil has different ideas and has instead decided to shut down the Ohio based call center that was the hallmark of Page Plus when it was an independent virtual provider, highly-regarded for its efficient and effective customer service.

In its place, Page Plus customer service will be outsourced to Guatemala, where Tracfone already outsources much of its customer service for its other prepaid brands, along with the Philippines.

This has caused great consternation within many online, as many Page Plus users took Tracfone’s word at face value when the acquisition was first announced, including many Page Plus dealers that touted the quality of customer service as a selling point compared to other virtual operators and brands. Without the assurance of a local customer service call center and the many horror stories that abound with Tracfone’s outsourced customer support, many are now considering leaving Page Plus for other carriers and services along with persuading others not to use the service as a result of the job losses, with many adamantly against Tracfone’s business practices.

»www.phonenews.com/tracfo ··· y-29373/

PagePlus of course is an MVNO that uses Verizon.

The large PagePlus dealer Kitty Wireless has announced plans to start their own MVNO with US-based customer service.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer1:

Page Plus is now owned (as of 2013) by the same company that owns Tracfone.

TracFone is América Móvil's U.S. arm, and offers wireless service through several brands including TracFone, Straight Talk, Telcel America, Net10 and SafeLink.

América Móvil is owned by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim.

-----

Page Plus customer service had been in Ohio but now they are shutting that down.

You would not have blind not to see this move coming.

brg
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

brg to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

The large PagePlus dealer Kitty Wireless has announced plans to start their own MVNO with US-based customer service.

I'm beta-testing this MVNO offering ("Puppy Wireless"). Works just like the previous 3G-only Page Plus but with some better prices and more granular offerings.
brg

1 recommendation

brg to pende_tim

Premium Member

to pende_tim
said by pende_tim:

You would not have blind not to see this move coming.

Understood, but hard to parse nevertheless.
brg

brg to crazyk4952

Premium Member

to crazyk4952
said by crazyk4952:

That's weird. I got it on my PP phone and it came from the shortcode 7243 (this is the same one that you use to check your balance).

Weird indeed. I still have not received it, and I know of nobody but you who did receive it...

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim to brg

Premium Member

to brg
Better?: A sightless person could have seen this coming.

brg
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

said by pende_tim:

Better?: A sightless person could have seen this coming.

Yes; better.
brg

brg to crazyk4952

Premium Member

to crazyk4952
said by crazyk4952:

Hey crazyk4952, you are being vindicated. Folks on PagePlus 3G are s-l-o-w-l-y getting that SMS. A couple reported getting it within the past hour or so.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by brg:

said by crazyk4952:

Hey crazyk4952, you are being vindicated. Folks on PagePlus 3G are s-l-o-w-l-y getting that SMS. A couple reported getting it within the past hour or so.

Ha. OK, good. I guess that I was one of the lucky first few to get it.