Search similar:

uniqs
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio to ekster

to ekster

Re: "Project Latte": Bell doesn't like being left out in the streaming world

Click for full size
FYI, if you subscribe to The Movie Network/HBO on Bell Satellite TV (likely the same for Fibe), there's no extra charge for CraveTV.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

Hunh. I'll probably actually try it out, then.
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to ekster

to ekster
Including it in the movie package is pretty clever lol
Dunlop

Dunlop to ekster

to ekster
The service is up.

Tried it though my STB, really sucks that they are stuck using the same system and their VoD (I assume they have to)

i.e I click on Doctor Who and the first episode I see is Season 1 - 10..I have to drill down multiple times to find the first episode.
And if it is like the VoD system it will not automatically keep track of what episode you are on
bt
canada

bt

Still no sign of the Android app (don't know about iOS).

They do have a FAQ page up now, though - »help.cravetv.ca/

Answers a couple of questions in this thread:

-Using it on your STB doesn't count towards bandwidth caps, every other device does
-No STB service for Bell Satellite customers
-Included to any Bell or Bell Alliant customer who has TMN or Movie Central
-200-900MB estimated per hour of viewing

I haven't actually tried watching anything on it yet, so I can't speak to the quality.
Dunlop

Dunlop to ekster

to ekster
wow using the STB to ignore data caps definitely seems like an unfair advantage, is it the same for Shomi with Rogers?
bt
canada

bt

said by Dunlop:

is it the same for Shomi with Rogers?

Yes.
Anzio

Anzio to ekster

to ekster
I'm quite surprised at the selection. A lot of good content that I've been looking to buy on iTunes is up there.

No iOS app here yet either. Hope they are able to launch the apps today. My game plan to watch on my TV is to use AirPlay.

Nice interface, but player seems aligned to the left in my browser when my width is maxed out. Uses flash, but whatcha gon' do. I'm also not a huge fan of how the search does not actually search episode titles, but rather just show names.
Dunlop

Dunlop to ekster

to ekster
It is new enough that my work firewall is not blocking it yet :P

I'm actually impressed by some of the shows and fully expect it to end in my divorce as I make my family watch every Monty Python movie on the service.

What I find odd is that there is absolutely no kids selections whatsoever, seems to be a big genre omission

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to ekster

to ekster
"Pour les clients de Télé Satellite, CraveTV et Club Junior sont seulement accessibles grâce à l’application Bell Télé. "
bt
canada

bt to Dunlop

to Dunlop
said by Dunlop:

What I find odd is that there is absolutely no kids selections whatsoever, seems to be a big genre omission

I hadn't noticed that, but you're right. Definitely seems odd.
Anzio

Anzio to ekster

to ekster
I'm really not a fan of Bells "maximum 5 devices authorized" rule. Especially when they keep counting my laptop as a new device every time I sign in. My family has more than 5 devices.

Seems unnecessary since they have the maximum 2 streaming devices at a time rule. Pick one or the other CraveTV!

Other than some search quirks, the interface is extremely fluid on my iPad. Much better than the Netflix app. Content selection seems good. Since it's included in TMN, I'm pretty happy! I do really want Seinfeld though, shame they delayed it.