spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bigjohns97
@50.175.132.x

Bigjohns97

Anon

[Connectivity] Houston Comcast ip range change

I noticed today that there is a new ip range 50.175.x.x this used to be 98.235.x.x anyone else notice this change?

I did do an ip whois and the range is owned by comcast but it must be a new range as it's not on their
»postmaster.comcast.net/d ··· ges.html

anyone else noticing this?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

[Connectivity] Re: Houston Comcast ip range change

Looks like Comcast picked up 50.175.0.0/16 on September 12, 2013:

»whois.arin.net/rest/net/ ··· -0-1/pft
claydowns
join:2012-05-24
Ann Arbor, MI

claydowns to Bigjohns97

to Bigjohns97
said by Bigjohns97 :

I did do an ip whois and the range is owned by comcast but it must be a new range as it's not on their
»postmaster.comcast.net/d ··· ges.html

Err, 50.128.0.0/10 is on the list you linked which would be all the IPs from 50.128.0.0 - 50.191.255.255.
DJboutit
join:2009-12-10
Columbia, MO

DJboutit to Bigjohns97

to Bigjohns97

Re: [Connectivity] Houston Comcast ip range change

I am on the southwest side Meyelerland Willowbend area I still using 98. as my ip

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

hortnut to Bigjohns97

to Bigjohns97
Here in the Seattle area am getting 50.181.xxx.xxx It just changed in the last month. Every time I have to relog into DLSR I have to tell the site my ISP is Comcast.

My neighbors Xfinity Hotspot couple houses down is 50.141.xxx.xxx

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog to Bigjohns97

Premium Member

to Bigjohns97
IP Ranges go by CMTS, so one side of the town may not see the same change..

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

hortnut

said by NetDog:

IP Ranges go by CMTS, so one side of the town may not see the same change..

Curious about that. Where I am, we are in a distinct neighborhood/planned area of over 13,000 residents. There is a main way in and out. And another, but no houses along that path. Have not seen any major changes or construction in our area and it would stand out. Neighbor is 100 - 150 feet from me. Checked earlier tonight and was getting 10/2 from his connection. Same I got couple of weeks ago.

So curious to the IP address I get when I connect direct and when I connect to the Xfinity hotspot.

Got the same results couple of weeks ago, when I ran inSSIDer to see what was around me. In fact I was connected to his Xfinity hotspot for over 36 hours in one session. I forgot to disconnect. There were no challenges, logins or anything. Just click to connect in W7 Pro and bam! I was connected.

Of course, not going to mention anything to my neighbor, as may need connection at another time.

As to my connection I get 8 down and 4 up.