spc
Search similar:

uniqs

gatownsend
join:2003-04-26
Westlake, OH

gatownsend

Internet & phone down in Cleveland

Well, we're down again in Cleveland (I'm on the west side in Westlake). No internet and no phone. It's been down since at least 5am when I woke up. Just called and got the message that there's an outage in my area. Again.

Wife keeps asking my why we are staying with WOW. The answer used to be better price AND service. Lately neither of those seem to be true any more. Sigh...
CSkaryd
join:2013-05-01

CSkaryd

Also in Westlake - near Clague and Center Ridge. I had to reboot some equipment this morning, but after that everything worked fine. Agreed on the service.

gatownsend
Westlake, OH

gatownsend

Yeah...I reset the Gateway twice this morning - no joy. That's when I called and got the message. I left my Verizon MiFi at the house today - kids are off school until Monday and wife has stuff to do for her volunteer work that requires internet access.

RootWyrm
join:2011-05-09

RootWyrm to gatownsend

to gatownsend
Has to be a head-end or local fiber run issue. No outage observed far west side, not even a latency spike.

gatownsend
Westlake, OH

gatownsend

Interestingly enough, it came back up sometime in the morning around 9am or so, but now we're having problems with it going out for a few minutes at a time throughout the day. Internet and phone go out, but TV still works. I guess I'm going to have to call and have a technician out. I work from home via VPN often in the evenings, and this up and down activity the last day or two is really a pain.

I see the cable has come up through the ground in one spot again, but it appears to be undamaged. If they'd bury it more than about 1 to 2 inches in the ground I probably wouldn't have these problems.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to gatownsend

Premium Member

to gatownsend
Still up have't gone down in months.
chip89

chip89 to RootWyrm

Premium Member

to RootWyrm
Yeah been up & working normally all day. I did't even hear anything until I saw this page.