spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sparty90
join:2014-11-25
Plymouth, MI

sparty90

Cant connect wirelessly to my local network through Ultra TV Gateway

Was wondering if somebody could help. I have an Ultra TV gateway with wireless turned on. I also have a Cisco router set up as an access point to extent the range of my wireless signal in my house. Whenever a device (such as my tablet or phone) is connect to the Ultra TV gateway wireless, I cannot connect to the items on my networks (such as the home theater). I can connect and ping successfully when I am connected wirelessly via my Cisco AP just not the Ultra TV gateway. I do however have internet access when connected wirelessly to the Ultra TV gateway just not access to the network items.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Don
lesmikesell
join:2013-06-10
Mount Prospect, IL

lesmikesell

Are your other network devices getting their IP address from the ultra tv gateway? If they are all on the same subnet with the ultra gateway as the default route, everything should connect.
sparty90
join:2014-11-25
Plymouth, MI

sparty90

Yes, the gateway router is assigning the IP's and everything in the house is on the same subnet. I also have AP isolation turned off in the gateway router

I am also wondering about the Ethernet "port 1" on the back of the gateway. In some WOW instructions about hooking up additional routers to the gateway, it seems to call out connecting the secondary router / access point specifically to port "1" of the four Ethernet connections on the back of the gateway.

Anyways
, thanks for the reply!
Don