Search similar:

uniqs

seginus
join:2008-01-30
Wendell, NC

seginus to darcilicious

to darcilicious

Re: Marvel's Agent Carter / Season 1 / January 6, 2015

Just watched Avengers again on TV and had a double-take moment during the big battle when Sousa popped up as a NYPD officer.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
said by Octavean:

said by trparky:

Never seen Fringe either.

Never,.....

Seen,.....

Fringe,.......!?!?

Can you use those words together in the same sentence,....????

Seriously, go watch yourselves some Fringe. It was IMO a scifi show that went directly to the pleasure center of the brain. When it was still in production it was IMO one of the best shows on TV.

I'm four episodes into season two. It sure is a lot of fun, especially now that they're more heavily into the parallel universe story thread. Sorry for doing this in the Agent Carter thread .
Planoboy
join:2013-07-14

Planoboy

This show is fantastic just saw Episode 6 and it was awesome. I really hope that ABC decides to renew this show for the full 22-25 episode season next year. Also never seen Fringe either but because of you guys, its next on my list after i finish LOST

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Planoboy:

its next on my list after i finish LOST

said by Planoboy:

its next on my list after i finish LOST

Just dump LOST now or you'll be lost.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
good news is the people doing this have plans for another season,
»tvseriesfinale.com/tv-sh ··· o-35715/
bad news is there may not be enough ratings revenue to justify it.

the episode 8 finale satisfying

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

And the good news is ABC might not care about the ratings as Marvel might be pushing it.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Packeteers

Premium Member

to Packeteers
I actually am not satisfied with this ending. I wanted to see her become the founder of S.H.I.E.L.D. and get the recognition, not have the credit stolen by that douchebag, and just her end up with a swanky new apartment. I also wanted to find out who she married.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

I actually am not satisfied with this ending. I wanted to see her become the founder of S.H.I.E.L.D. and get the recognition, not have the credit stolen by that douchebag, and just her end up with a swanky new apartment. I also wanted to find out who she married.

Season 2, if there is a season 2.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Season 2, if there is a season 2.

IF is the operative word there. This was only ever intended to be a filler during the mid-season break of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., so it was done with this lame ending without a second season even being a thought.

IF, and I stress IF there is a season 2, that would be great, but it still doesn't excuse the lackluster ending of this season since it would be an after-the-fact creation.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
By the way,

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· vDvbYxac

This was actually a hit in the 1930s, and I think the woman singing with Bing is his first wife Dixie Lee. However, Bing and Judy Garland also sang it on Armed Forces Radio during WW2, which would keep the song relevant in Agent Carter's time.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
It was a pretty tame ending,except for the prison scene...........but I don't see where she married someone?

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by ZZZZZZZ:

It was a pretty tame ending,except for the prison scene...........but I don't see where she married someone?

There's a scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier in which it is revealed that Cap saved over 1,000 men during a rescue mission, one of which was Carter's future husband.

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Premium Member

to darcilicious
the one thing i learned from this show is it seems very fashionable now in hollywood to bash white able bodied american males. the whole season is about white men creating a problem and further obstructing a solution. it eventually took a cripple, a british national, and a women to fix, all with little support, at great personal risk, and with no real gain or credit in the end.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

1 recommendation

DarkLogix

Premium Member

well its set in the 40s, so that's kinda the view many have of that time.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

2 recommendations

PX Eliezer1 to Packeteers

Premium Member

to Packeteers
said by Packeteers:

it eventually took a cripple, a british national, and a women to fix, all with little support, at great personal risk, and with no real gain or credit in the end.

Mmm, I think the show illustrated that a "cripple" was not really so crippled and in fact was quite a mensch.

As well, the Englishman had great depth of character and underwent personal growth.

And Carter---who after all is the title character---showed the capability of women at a time when they were still under-appreciated (some of which continues today).

It's natural that the jerks would be WASP males, they were after all the power structure at the time.

-----

It was interesting to me to see they showed black NYPD officers, still a somewhat rare thing in the 1940's.

Of note:
»www.nytimes.com/2011/06/ ··· all&_r=0

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

said by ZZZZZZZ:

There's a scene in Captain America: The Winter Soldier in which it is revealed that Cap saved over 1,000 men during a rescue mission, one of which was Carter's future husband.

Yep. and you can see the pictures of her kids on the side table by her bed.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· h8G-7Edg

It's been said that Steve ends up falling for the nurse who was his neighbor in Cap 2 (who was really a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent there to guard him), and she happens to be the grand-daughter of Peggy.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

I read an article a while back about Winter Soldier. They first tried makeup on Hayley Atwell to age Peggy Carter but didn't like the results, so they used CGI.

Niarlan
Excelsior
Premium Member
join:2002-11-09
Manville, NJ

1 recommendation

Niarlan to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
said by Alpha Phoenix:

It's been said that Steve ends up falling for the nurse who was his neighbor in Cap 2 (who was really a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent there to guard him), and she happens to be the grand-daughter of Peggy.

In the comics it's Sharon Carter, Peggy's niece and they do have a thing going.

Nia

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY

Premium Member

to darcilicious
if they get another season budgeted, my guess is she marries that gimpy guy.
he'll act as a conduit inside the SSR while she works with Stark and S.H.I.E.L.D.
for all we know he could be a survivor from the battle that 1,000 men Capt saved.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

It has to be Sousa then.........just by the way he helps her and especially the way she smiled at him in the last episode when she again rejected his dinner date.

azinator
CS is the DEVIL
Premium Member
join:2000-08-12
Texarkana, TX

1 recommendation

azinator to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
it has been picked up for series....woohoo

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Planoboy

Premium Member

to Planoboy
That show couldn't sustain 22 episodes,the writing would go to shit.

SixOfNine
Premium Member
Sterling, VA

1 recommendation

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by SixOfNine:

said by Octavean:

said by trparky:

Never seen Fringe either.

Never,.....

Seen,.....

Fringe,.......!?!?

Can you use those words together in the same sentence,....????

Seriously, go watch yourselves some Fringe. It was IMO a scifi show that went directly to the pleasure center of the brain. When it was still in production it was IMO one of the best shows on TV.

I'm four episodes into season two. It sure is a lot of fun, especially now that they're more heavily into the parallel universe story thread. Sorry for doing this in the Agent Carter thread .

OK, I finished Fringe, and it was fabulous. Can I have my geek card reinstated?

It was good to see the characters from The Wire -- Lance Reddick, of course, but also Andre Royo (the cab driver in the alternate universe), and, for one brief appearance in one episode, Jim True-Frost, who was "Prez" on The Wire. He was the guy who got melded together with his alternate universe self when they sent an entire building over to our side.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Ok, you can have your card back

I think that was one of Leonard Nimoy's better performances. Not to disrespect his role as Spock.