uniqs

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

head set for gaming

I looking to get gaming head set for my grandson for Christmas. The cost should not go over $75.00 and have a microphone. I prefer to have the cord to have a separate mic and headset plugs.
--

bryank
join:2000-03-23
Plainfield, IL

bryank

I am assuming this is for PC gaming? Should it use a USB connection (preferred) or 3.5mm jacks?

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

It for a pc. I do not know any about usb head sets.

Juke Box
His Word Never Fails
Premium Member
join:2001-01-29
Psalm 96 ESV

Juke Box

Premium Member

I little more than your budget but this is a great headset from Logitech. The G330 Gaming Headset.
Comfortable, USB, quality sound, easy to setup.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to Caddyroger

to Caddyroger
3.5mm headphones go off your PC's audio card or processor, while USB uses audio drivers on the USB adapter. Because of this the audio quality can vary depending on both the computer and the quality of the adapter. I would suggest asking your grandson which kind he prefers. Or if it's a surprise, maybe find out what headset he uses now? That might answer some other questions too, like if he prefers over ear or on ear.
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to Caddyroger

Premium Member

to Caddyroger
My son has the Logitech 930 wireless gaming headset: »www.amazon.com/Logitech- ··· tech+930 He loves it. The main unit plugs into a USB port and provides the sound, wireless and power for recharging the headset. He likes being able to continue chatting with his gaming buddies while he goes to the kitchen for a snack. I like that the set is now about 2 years old and still working great! (He previously had a Plantronics headset that literally just fell apart. Their support forum was littered with complaints about it, but Plantronics didn't care.)