Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

1 edit

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Looking for Cloud IVR solution

I'm looking for a IVR in the cloud type solution.

There will be one or 2 numbers (one being an 800) and it's a rather complicated setup.

Press 1 will give you 1, 2,3, 4, each of which may have their own submenus. At the same time, you get to the same place using a different series of options.
At the bottom of each tree, it will end up with a forwarded call some local, some 800

I have it all mapped out so its easier explained.

Iron mike
@198.2.70.x

Iron mike

Anon

voip.ms has this capability and it's relatively simple to set up.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

yeah, you can just use voip.ms and setup your IVR system and have each option go to different numbers or voicemails. you can just upload your greeting message as a .wav too.

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

Anveo will do this and more.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to elwoodblues

MVM

to elwoodblues
Was going to chime in to suggest voip.ms (which, as was pointed out, can do all this via their web interface). The alternative is you get a VPS and put a PBX on it. You can get a good VPS for $10 a month or less (Linodes start at $10).
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

Digital Ocean starts at $5 a month.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
Anyone know the RAM requirements for something like PBX in a Flash? Can get a 128MB box from Frantech/BuyVM for $15 a year, or a $256 MB box for $3.50/month.

»my.frantech.ca/aff.php?aff=1042

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to iamhere

to iamhere
said by iamhere:

Digital Ocean starts at $5 a month.

and atlantic.net starts at $1/month.
jmck

jmck to Ian1

to Ian1
said by Ian1:

Anyone know the RAM requirements for something like PBX in a Flash? Can get a 128MB box from Frantech/BuyVM for $15 a year, or a $256 MB box for $3.50/month.

»my.frantech.ca/aff.php?aff=1042

they oversell their stuff quite a bit and have low quality network. while requirements aren't high for VoIP, you do want solid and low latency.

Ian1
Premium Member
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by jmck:

they oversell their stuff quite a bit and have low quality network. while requirements aren't high for VoIP, you do want solid and low latency.

I have had a couple VPS systems with them for over 6 months without issue. Like anything else, you get what you pay for. Fortunately, the costs for a VPS aren't so high to prevent giving it a shot.

As for latency, I use their NJ server for a VPN from Toronto. I get 30-40 ms. round trip, and anything to the east coast at about the same ping as direct.
jobr
join:2004-10-21
Halifax, NS

jobr to jmck

to jmck
I have a VPS with Frantech and I'm pretty happy with it (I don't use it for anything important, though).

My main complaint is that the server gets rebooted pretty often.

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to elwoodblues

MVM

to elwoodblues
So in other words it's laughably unreliable? Your VPS shouldn't experience a forced reboot except in exceptional circumstances such as hardware or power failure. I just triggered a migration of a linode to a new host machine a few days ago (to take advantage of a free upgrade), and the linode's uptime was nearly 600 days.

Any reboot of the host machine is a critical failure for which a host absolutely needs to provide either advanced warning of or an after-action report, because it has the potential to cause critical data loss. What happens if they decide to reboot your machine in the middle of a payment transaction? Or a database migration?

Ian1
Premium Member
ON

Ian1

Premium Member

said by Guspaz:

So in other words it's laughably unreliable? Your VPS shouldn't experience a forced reboot except in exceptional circumstances such as hardware or power failure. I just triggered a migration of a linode to a new host machine a few days ago (to take advantage of a free upgrade), and the linode's uptime was nearly 600 days.

Hard to say what they mean by that. It hasn't been my experience. I think my VPSes generally stay up unless I reboot them myself. I don't have a lot of points of comparison on VPS providers myself. Anything hyper critical and I'd probably get something more robust. Don't know what elwood is using it for as for tolerance to any glitches.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
I've used Ringcentral in the past. Super easy to use and highly customizable. Everything is managed through a very nice web interface or mobile app. If I recall correctly the pricing is pretty reasonable too. May not be as cheap as VoIP.ms or Anveo but the interface is way nicer.

Farchord
Lost somewhere.
join:2004-08-28
Shawinigan, QC

Farchord

said by yyzlhr:

I've used Ringcentral in the past. Super easy to use and highly customizable. Everything is managed through a very nice web interface or mobile app. If I recall correctly the pricing is pretty reasonable too. May not be as cheap as VoIP.ms or Anveo but the interface is way nicer.

Our company was with ringcentral. Kept having glitches, even on their own softphone solutions. "Sorry but we don't really support problems with our softphone solution" Yeah right. We switched to our own FreePBX solution and SIP trunk and we couldn't be happier.