spc
Search similar:

uniqs

A Will
@74.219.149.x

A Will

Anon

Net gear DM111PSPv2 modem (only) won't connect to internet

Recently purchased net gear (modem only) for my new century link service, as I already had a wireless router. I got all the info I needed, static IP address, VPI, VCI, etc. all my modem led's come on solid green, except for the Internet led which remains red.

I used the install cd, I went to www.routerlogin.net, hasn't worked. Can anyone explain this to me in laymans terms? I have spoken to both century link and net gear. Century link tells me to call netgear, netgear tells me to call netgear.

Thank you.

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

I think the MODEM is busted. The red light is the power light not the Internet light. If it stays red it means that it failed the self test or the self test is in progress.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to A Will

MVM

to A Will
said by A Will :

Recently purchased net gear (modem only) for my new century link service, as I already had a wireless router. I got all the info I needed, static IP address, VPI, VCI, etc. all my modem led's come on solid green, except for the Internet led which remains red.

According to the PDF that I just reviewed, you need to consult page 67 of the manual.

Titus
Mr Gradenko
join:2004-06-26

Titus to A Will

to A Will
said by A Will :

netgear tells me to call netgear

That's a tad circular.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to A Will

MVM

to A Will
Set the VPI and VCI on the modem, and put it in Transparent Bridge mode. The only light you should be concerned with is DSL Sync.
Set the Static IP on the WAN setup page in your router and connect it to the modem. You should now have internet access.