Dr Wizard
The Wizard of Speed and Time
Premium Member
join:2002-12-23
Plain Dealing, LA

Dr Wizard

Premium Member

Re: Star Wars The Force Awakens official teaser

I have a strong feeling this movie will make me as breathless as I was in May of 1977...

Thanks for posting this TL.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I don't know how to feel about it. I'm happy that Lucas is out of the picture so I imagine that it will take on a much more serious tone... but Abrams taking over isn't the best thing that could've happened to it either.
18189353 (banned)
join:2014-10-28

18189353 (banned) to TigerLord

to TigerLord
I guess we should be happy it wasn't Michael Bay directing but JJ isn't much better. He butchered the Star Trek's. I'm expecting another hack job with this so I hope I'm wrong.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to ekster

to ekster
I enjoyed the Star Trek reboots so I trust him to deliver what we want to see for Star Wars.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster

Premium Member

Star Trek reboots were fun action films, but I wouldn't go further than that. I also enjoyed them, but then I forgot about them and have no desire to return to them.

Still hoping for the best with it, though.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Same here, but this is all I need tbh.

The SW prequels had a few key moments of coolness, but the worse is that not only are they forgettable, they're totally shitty. If it weren't for the visuals or the lightsaber fights it would have been a disaster of unmitigated proportions.

My suspicion that Lucas is a great visual artist but terrible at everything else was confirmed when I saw Red Tails. I cringed so much during that movie it took botox to unwrinkle my face.

Even JJ's boring Super8 didn't do that to me.
18189353 (banned)

18189353 (banned) to ekster

to ekster
said by ekster:

Star Trek reboots were fun action films, but I wouldn't go further than that. I also enjoyed them, but then I forgot about them and have no desire to return to them.

Still hoping for the best with it, though.

I agree 100% with you. They were good action movies but not Star Trek. I wouldn't watch them again if you paid me either. At least the new Star War's that Lucas did still felt like Star Wars even if they did have Jar Jar in them. Hopefully JJ will maintain the Star Wars feel to the franchise and not hose them like he did with Star Trek.

I won't mention the inherent conflict of interest doing Star Trek and Star Wars by the same guy. :P

Edit: I ran across some more trailers.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 5V8JIF_4

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· TIU02jFQ

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Cx5O0vTg

bmetelsky
Premium Member
join:2005-10-16
Elyria, OH

bmetelsky

Premium Member

I don't believe the other trailers that you posted are actually from the new movie. I believe they are "fan made".
18189353 (banned)

1 edit

18189353 (banned)

said by bmetelsky:

I don't believe the other trailers that you posted are actually from the new movie. I believe they are "fan made".

2 of them are from LUCAS FILMS LTD. That's official my friend. Feel free to check the source if you like.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

1 recommendation

Octavean to TigerLord

MVM

to TigerLord
I'm speechless,........

Not sure how to comment on the trailer but generally speaking it looks good IMO. I'm a little confused about the storm trooper since I thought that they were all clones of "Jango Fett".

Beyond that I look forward to seeing it,....

My expectations are somewhat subdued though. Not so much because I expect a hatchet job but more so due to the idea that you "can't go back". When Star Wars first came out I was at the right age for it to truly resonate with me and solidify in my mind as the quintessential pinnacle of excellence with respect to movies and entertainment. I was the target demographic at the time as I trust all of us here were at the time. I'm not a kid anymore though and I don't think any new movie can take me back to that mindset.

I will say though that "Avatar the Last Airbender" the animated series and to less degree "Legend of Korra" have quite to my surprised taken me to that enthusiastic childlike state going directly to the pleasure center of my brain.

I can only hope that "Star Wars The Force Awakens" can take me there too,...
18189353 (banned)

2 recommendations

18189353 (banned)

said by Octavean:

I will say though that "Avatar the Last Airbender" the animated series and to less degree "Legend of Korra" have quite to my surprised taken me to that enthusiastic childlike state going directly to the pleasure center of my brain.

Avatar animated series was great. I wish they broke up the Avatar movie into 3 or 4 movies to do it justice. I watch the animated series almost every night with the kids.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki to Octavean

to Octavean
said by Octavean:

Not sure how to comment on the trailer but generally speaking it looks good IMO. I'm a little confused about the storm trooper since I thought that they were all clones of "Jango Fett".

Going by the books, anyone could join the "imperial academy" but there were exacting requirements. Many got shunted to the TIE program or into maintenance areas, etc.

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

1 recommendation

Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

said by Mashiki:

said by Octavean:

Going by the books, anyone could join the "imperial academy" but there were exacting requirements. Many got shunted to the TIE program or into maintenance areas, etc.

I thought it was a "good guy" character disguised as a storm trooper. Like Luke and Han were when going to save the princess. Also sounded like he was being chased with the droid or radio sound in background.

I noticed the Millennium Falcon now has a rectangular radar (or whatever it is) dish instead of the round one. I guess cause the old one got smashed off in ROTJ during the attack on the death star.

Anyhow, I felt like a little kid watching that trailer (being 43 now). The Falcon part with the original music and Tie-fighters coming in was pure giddiness. I think I could watch a whole movie of just the Falcon and Tie Fighters battling it out. Makes me justify to my wife spending the $100+ last year buying a Millennium Falcon last year at Toys R Us. :P

I think the movie will be awesome. And I am happy to have it come back with more to look forward to.

bmetelsky
Premium Member
join:2005-10-16
Elyria, OH

bmetelsky to 18189353

Premium Member

to 18189353
said by 18189353:

2 of them are from LUCAS FILMS LTD. That's official my friend. Feel free to check the source if you like.

I'll do some checking when I have some time.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

1 edit

SixOfNine to 18189353

Premium Member

to 18189353
said by 18189353:

said by bmetelsky:

A naughty fan simply put those credits on his homemade trailers. In the YouTube comments for the second one he even says "really enjoyed making this."

And the first one: Yoda waking up to the sound of the alarm on a 20th century clock radio? Get it? The Force awakens?
SixOfNine

SixOfNine to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
It's a good sign that Abrams cowrote the script with Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote the screenplay for The Empire Strike Back.

As for that storm trooper:

Abrams’s film, which is due in theaters on Dec. 18, 2015, is reportedly set 30 years after the fall of the Empire and Darth Vader, and follows a trio of young leads—presumably played by John Boyega (Attack the Block), newcomer Daisy Ridley, and Driver. And in the trailer, we see Boyega’s character come to in the desert (Tatooine?), a spinning, R2-D2-like robot frantically beeping and booping, a battalion of Stormtroopers being deployed from a cargo plane ready for battle, Ridley looking like a young Princess Leia riding what appears to be a heavily updated version of the 74-Z speeder bike from Return of the Jedi, and Oscar Isaac as an X-wing pilot for the Rebel Alliance, a la Wedge Antilles...

And the footage from the trailer seems to confirm earlier reports that Boyega will play a Stormtrooper who deserts and teams up with Ridley’s character. Those same earlier reports also suggested that the film deals with a severed hand gripping a lightsaber that floats through space and winds up in Boyega/Ridley’s possession, who are then tasked with bringing it to its rightful owner—which brings them in contact with Han Solo and Chewbacca.

The film will see its original cast reprise their roles, including Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Anthony Daniels (C-3PO), and Kenny Baker (R2-D2), and be joined by Boyega, Ridley, Driver, Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, and more. Also, there is rumored to be small cameos by A-listers Daniel Craig, Hugh Jackman, Samuel L. Jackson, and Robert Downey Jr., if the UK gossip columns are to be believed.

»www.thedailybeast.com/ar ··· =FB_Page

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by SixOfNine:

Ridley looking like a young Princess Leia riding what appears to be a heavily updated version of the 74-Z speeder bike from Return of the Jedi

Duno about you, but to me it looked more like she was riding a fudge sickle across a hot desert...
DoctorStinky
join:2011-11-10
Brunswick, ME

2 recommendations

DoctorStinky

said by TwiztedZero:

Duno about you, but to me it looked more like she was riding a fudge sickle across a hot desert...

A fudge-cycle, to be precise

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium Member
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On

Jay_ to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
The thing I like the most about this trailer is the look of the ships and vehicles. Instead of the super shiny futuristic looking ships from the prequel trilogy (episodes 1 - 3) they've adapted the same look and feel from the original trilogy (x-wings and so on).

Can't wait.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Love the fudgesicle!

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

1 recommendation

RockCake to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
the George Lucas Special Edition:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· Jh6JNBng
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I think one right thing being done is the scrapping of the EU as canon when referencing the films at least. Simply because many fans and future fans will know nothing of the EU. So like the marvel verse its best to keep the movies as their own continuity .

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside

I never could accept the extended universe as canon in my eyes. Way too many cooks in that stew trying to outdo Lucas in scope and scale. Some EU stories I think are worth being added to SW lore, but there are way more that muddle up things.

Jay_
Formerly known as Carnage
Premium Member
join:2001-05-15
Pickering On

1 recommendation

Jay_ to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
New Trailer!!!!!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· lkyQ6Rhs

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega to Jay_

Premium Member

to Jay_
Oh man, I'm pretty excited for this.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

1 recommendation

TheBionic to Jay_

Premium Member

to Jay_
Those storm trooper helmets kind of look like they have a Waluigi mustache.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Oh. My. God.

I can't wait!