uniqs

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

[Anime] Crunchyroll Black Friday "deal"

So Crunchyroll has decided in their infinite wisdom that they're not going to offer a subscription deal this year for Black Friday. Instead, you can get a 30% off coupon for their store! wooo! yay! ......wait, what?
quote:
Instead of our usual membership discount, we really wanted to give you guys the opportunity to take advantage of our awesome ecommerce store, and really thank our members for their support. So this year, we will be offering a spectacular 30% off of all sorts of awesome merchandise in the Crunchyroll Store for Premium Members!
Later in the news thread, they stated firmly there would be NO sub sale this year, since some posting were holding out hope they would offer it on cyber-Monday.

»www.crunchyroll.com/foru ··· oll?pg=0

Guess I'll just go anime only. It's cheaper anyway.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

What's even more amusing, when comparing prices between them and TRSI on the items that both sell, even with this 30% discount, TRSI still works out cheaper most of the time, esp. when you figure that TRSI offers free shipping if you meet minimum purchase thresholds and AFAIK Cruchyroll doesn't.

NefCanuck

cp
Premium Member
join:2004-05-14
Wheaton, IL

cp

Premium Member

Yup... they lost my business.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

My all-access membership expired last night, and I resubbed for anime only. $59.99 isn't bad for 12 months of anime. Their black Friday deal this year was horrible, and a waste for me, since I never use their store. Hell, I never used the coupon I got with my annual sub last year.

So I save $10 over last year by going anime only. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get my Funimation sub worked out. I figure between that and CR, I spend ~$10/mo on all you can watch anime, not a bad deal.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran to captokita

Premium Member

to captokita
Try as I might, I couldn't find anything in the CR store that I wanted to buy.

My renewal date is in June though so if there were a membership sale how would I take advantage of it?

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita

Premium Member

said by sivran:

My renewal date is in June though so if there were a membership sale how would I take advantage of it?

Well, unlike Funimation, if you bought a yearly sub today in a sale, it would go into effect when your current one expires, so in June, once your sub for the year is up, the one you purchased today would take over.