uniqs
nitzan
Premium Member
join:2008-02-27

1 edit

1 recommendation

nitzan

Premium Member

[Future9] First year free ($15 setup applies).

Hi guys,

From today until December 9th, we are holding a very special special. Here's what you get:
* First year of our Future 5 plan - free
* Second year and onwards - regular price ($5/mo)

What does this include?
* Up to 4000 domestic minutes a month (2000 incoming/2000 outgoing)
* Phone number - order a new one or port an existing one in
* Caller ID and Caller ID Name
* BYOD, Purchase an ATA from us, or use our iPhone/Android app
* Voicemail and other standard features
* E911 available at additional cost

Cost:
* In order to offset our costs to make this possible - there is a $15 setup fee.
* If your situation requires E911 - $15 to cover the year.

To sign up, please follow these steps:
1. Sign up at »www.future-nine.com/A2BCustomer_UI/signup/ - choose the Future 5 plan at signup.
2. Add $15 to your account.
3. Order a new phone number, or port one in.
4. BYOD, or use the Order Adapter link to order one.
5. Optional: if you'd like to setup E911 - add another $15 to your account.
6. Use the Contact Support link to request setup and mention the "first year free" special.

Terms and conditions:
* Available for new accounts only. Existing accounts not eligible.
* Residential usage only - business use not allowed on this plan.
* All other terms in our TOS apply.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

When do Canadian DID's start coming?
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

Canada is included in this offer - at least for major cities (Toronto, Montreal, etc.)

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
Fantastic deal! Happy Thanksgiving! I can go look it up but as long as I am here -- what do you charge to port a number these days? I'm in the 773 NPA...
giqcass
join:2014-03-10

giqcass to nitzan

to nitzan
This sounds like a pretty good price even without the free year.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan to brg

Premium Member

to brg
said by brg:

Fantastic deal! Happy Thanksgiving! I can go look it up but as long as I am here -- what do you charge to port a number these days? I'm in the 773 NPA...

Typically $10 - but with this offer porting is included/free.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

I'm in!

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
Is there number porting? 519-576-**** is the area code and exchange. (this is south-western Ontario, though I am guessing geography isn't the issue here)

I'm fine with my current provider, this is for my mother.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan

Premium Member

said by AppleGuy:

Is there number porting? 519-576-**** is the area code and exchange.

I'll have to check with our carrier and get back to you.

Burned Once
@71.236.204.x

3 recommendations

Burned Once to nitzan

Anon

to nitzan
Be very careful! I prepaid for service with Future 9. Nitzan was very active in helping me get signed up, but the moment that he had my money he never responded again. He has had my money since May 2014 and has never provided a single service since. I get monthly emails letting me know that the money on my account is going down, but I do not get any service for that money. The only way to contact them is by sending messages through their website. I have yet to get a response.

Here is his profile information from the OBI Talk forums where he was very active when it looked like Google Voice was going away:

Summary: nitzan
Position: Jr. Member
Date Registered: April 01, 2014, 11:08:49 am
Last Active: August 22, 2014, 04:28:36 am
Signature:
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation
»www.future-nine.com/

As you can see, the last time anyone got any help from him was in August. Hopefully there is a great explanation. I would love to either see my money again or receive the service that I paid for, but I am not holding my breath.

Nitzan, if you are reading this, it would help your company repair its reputation if you resurfaced in some of those communities that you used to visit - and please get my service working or give me my money back!
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Could you describe specifically the problems you are experiencing?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to Burned Once

Premium Member

to Burned Once
said by Burned Once :

Be very careful! I prepaid for service with Future 9. Nitzan was very active in helping me get signed up, but the moment that he had my money he never responded again. He has had my money since May 2014 and has never provided a single service since.

What do you mean by that?

Did you receive your SIP account information, yes or no?

Did you attempt to connect an ATA or IP Phone or PBX, yes or no?

If you did attempt, what was the result, and what was the nature of any problems encountered?

-----

The fact that he may or may not participate in various forums does not seem directly relevant.

Your original post is not credible because it lacks detail of exactly what service(s) you were expecting, and which service or services you feel were not delivered.

FutureNine is a DIY BYOD company. They don't furnish a GoogleVoice type of service, and they don't provide equipment unless by specific arrangement.

Burned Once
@71.236.204.x

Burned Once

Anon

My setup was a little bit complicated. If you really want the details, I can provide them, but In Nitzan's words:

---

"I'll need to manually set this up for you, please let me know your account number and I'll create the extra sub-accounts and CIDs (of course let me know what CIDs you want set)."

and

"Please add some credit and I'll assign the two DIDs - one ... included in the Future 5 plan, and second non-local one for $2/mo. Which do you want assigned to ________ and which to ______ and ________?"

and

"Need to complete this on our side- I'll message you later today with the numbers and setup."

---

He did provide some information, but he NEVER included the setup procedure. I followed advice from people outside of Future 9, because Nitzan stopped communicating with me from that point forward. No one could get it to work. This leads me to believe that he either never completed the procedure on his side or there was something missing from my account's configuration. I doubt you or I will ever know - and that is the problem.

Do some google searches on Future 9. You will find a lot of abandoned and frustrated paying customers. I am sure that many people have functioning accounts, but I am also sure that there are many that never got what they paid for. That was all I was trying to communicate with my first post. If you heed my advice or not will have no impact on me. I do not care to jump into a dog fight. I just wanted to warn others of what previous customers have gone through.

The best thing that could come out of this is that Nitzan refunds my money, but I would even be satisfied with just e911 service and nothing else. I may have to settle on simply helping others avoid the scam.
RonR
join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR

RonR

said by Burned Once :

My setup was a little bit complicated. If you really want the details, I can provide them, ...

If you truly want some help, you will need to describe in detail (1) the service(s) you have subscribed to with Future 9, (2) the hardware you're trying to implement them on, and (3) what your desired goals are with those service(s).
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to Burned Once

Premium Member

to Burned Once
said by Burned Once :

I may have to settle on simply helping others avoid the scam.

Hardly a "scam" as there are overwhelmingly satisfied customers.

On this website you are on now, solid majority of the reviews are positive.
»User reviews - Future Nine Corporation

Again, if you had posted here previously seeking help rather than showing up now to proclaim "scam" there would be more street cred.

So surely you are not without phone service. Who did you use instead?

-----

Potentially there were 2 mistakes here:

1) Your mistake: F9 being a value-oriented provider was not a good match for someone with special demands.

2) His mistake: Agreeing to try to set up special arrangements for you instead of suggesting someone like Anveo.

-----

So I assume that you have indeed found a good match elsewhere, and I hope that it all works well for you.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Wow, I used to use F9, I have since moved to another provider, but while I was with them I had really good service. Calling it "scam" is really off base and undeserved.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Exactly.
giqcass
join:2014-03-10

giqcass to RonR

to RonR
I think I recognize this user as sir_rob on the Obi forum. If the user get's back to me there I'll try to help.
nitzan
Premium Member

2 recommendations

nitzan to Burned Once

Premium Member

to Burned Once
said by Burned Once :

As you can see, the last time anyone got any help from him was in August. Hopefully there is a great explanation.

There is, actually. I got banned from the Obi forums around that time for making comments Obihai didn't like on this forum. Putting aside that for a moment, I have NO IDEA who you are and what it is exactly that I failed to provide you - but I'd love to rectify that or refund your money - please register on this forum and send me a private message.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by nitzan:

said by Burned Once :

As you can see, the last time anyone got any help from him was in August. Hopefully there is a great explanation.

There is, actually. I got banned from the Obi forums around that time for making comments Obihai didn't like on this forum. Putting aside that for a moment, I have NO IDEA who you are and what it is exactly that I failed to provide you - but I'd love to rectify that or refund your money - please register on this forum and send me a private message.

1+

-----

So Obi banned you from [their] Obi forums because they didn't like your comments [here] on the DSLR VoIP Tech Chat forum?

Wow.

I am not surprised at Obi but it still rates a Wow.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

2 edits

4 recommendations

Mango to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
said by nitzan:

I got banned from the Obi forums around that time for making comments Obihai didn't like on this forum.

That's a great idea! Now that Google Voice is back, Obihai can get back to systematically alienating all the other VoIP service providers, one by one. Yes, that will make the service providers buy Obihai's products to sell to their customers. Reverse psychology is great advertising and PR.
nitzan
Premium Member

2 recommendations

nitzan

Premium Member

Exactly. Hate to say this but I don't think they really care what VOIP providers think - we are not their customers - they've built their business around selling Google Voice as a phone service. I'd guesstimate at least 90% of their sales are to people who don't even have a regular provider (or at least didn't until the XMPP scare).

But hey - that's what I was banned for - to quote: "Banned for disseminating damaging false information", lol. Except none of what I said is false, and not particularly damaging either. But hey, they've made their choice.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Could be worse.

A metro Atlanta man said he's trying to figure out how he went in to court to try and get a traffic ticket fine reduced, and wound up being banned from a local county.

The trouble all started for Ricardo Riley when he got a ticket in Loganville last October. The police officer says Riley was going 40 miles per hour in a 25 mph zone.

Riley went to court to try and get the fine reduced, but the only way he could talk to the judge, who is the only one who could reduce the fine, was to go to trial. Otherwise he could only plead guilty and pay fine as set. He did, and now regrets it.

There was no recording made of the courtroom proceeding, but records showed Riley received a much stiffer sentence than just a $250 fine.

"I asked him to lower it, but instead he give me a $1,000 fine, 12-month probation, driving school and he banished me from the county,” Riley said.

Riley can never enter Walton County again without facing the possibility of being sent to jail....

»www.wsbtv.com/news/news/ ··· t/ndGBD/

Hey, that's your backyard, right?
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

HarryH3 to nitzan

Premium Member

to nitzan
As someone who is a complete noob at VoIP, can this work with my Obi200 device?
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb

Yes.
Burned Once
join:2014-12-03

Burned Once to nitzan

to nitzan
To provide answers to previous questions:

-I am using an OBI-202 with google voice and callcentric. I used to use Anveo for 911 service, but when that ran out, and it looked like google voice was going away, I paid Future 9 $135 on May 12, 2014.

-I gave up on Future 9 because I could not get anyone to respond. The only means of communication they provide is a website form. The only way I have found to get a response is by replying to this advertisement post from Nitzan.

-I have since simplified my phone needs and no longer require the extra functionality that I once did. I have no desire to troubleshoot the previous setup, as I have moved on.

-I was never able to make or receive a single phone call nor use their 911 service. At this point, I would really just like my money back.

-Yesterday Nitzan's ObiTalk membership did not show that he was banned. It may have been at one point, but I could not see that on his profile. It looks like he successfully logged in today.

Perhaps scam was too harsh of a word. I did not know why Nitzan stopped communicating with me as soon as I paid, but if you were in my shoes and could not use the service or get anyone to respond from other forums or their own website, you might feel that you had been taken advantage of as well. I harbor no ill feelings towards him, I just want to situation to be made right. After I read other complaints elsewhere I felt compelled to post something here.

Hopefully those of us that have experienced difficulties with the service are in the vast minority, and he runs a reputable company. I will post on here when he makes things right. I have registered so that he can contact me directly.

Pinan

join:2000-09-02
Murrieta, CA

Pinan

said by Burned Once:

I have registered so that he can contact me directly

Registering also gives you the ability to IM him at this site, anytime.
Simply click on his name.

I've used (and use) his services for years. No problems at all. Good guy.
nitzan
Premium Member

nitzan to Burned Once

Premium Member

to Burned Once
said by Burned Once:

-Yesterday Nitzan's ObiTalk membership did not show that he was banned. It may have been at one point, but I could not see that on his profile. It looks like he successfully logged in today.

I'm able to log in, but get a message that I am banned when I try to view the forums. I guess the forum doesn't show me as banned, adding to the confusion - thanks again Obihai...

Hopefully those of us that have experienced difficulties with the service are in the vast minority, and he runs a reputable company. I will post on here when he makes things right. I have registered so that he can contact me directly.

Thanks. I will do that.
Burned Once
join:2014-12-03

Burned Once to Pinan

to Pinan
said by Pinan:

Registering also gives you the ability to IM him at this site, anytime.
Simply click on his name.

Thanks! I have IM'd him, but I got a message that new members cannot IM for 8 hours. I am not sure if my message will reach him then or if I will need to resend it.

UHF
All static, all day, Forever
MVM
join:2002-05-24

UHF to nitzan

MVM

to nitzan
I was just on F9 today checking availability of a DID in my area and accidentally ordered one, then had it cancelled. Had I seen this offer previously I would have just gone ahead and gotten the number.

I don't really need voip service, just a local DID that can forward to another PSTN number or go to voice mail.