uniqs

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

[Voip.ms] Incorrect time on phone display

I am using voip.ms, and one that that has bothered me is the incorrect time that is displayed on the phone. It is always 1 hour behind. Even if I adjust the time, I am still 1 hour behind after the first caller.

Anyway easy way to correct this? Is this a ATA issue or something wrong with the DID? I cannot locate this info under DID management more my ATA.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Is there some setting in the phone that controls the use of daylight savings time?

AppleGuy
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

It's been like this before and after DST. I'm trying to figure it I'm on the wrong time-zone.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Just set your equipment to be one time zone further east.

eg Atlantic instead of Eastern, etc, or one hour closer to Greenwich/UTC.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

Okay, so maybe I was blind. Somehow the device was set to "self-assigned time" .. it should have been grabbing the time properly from voip.ms, which is EST, which it wasn't. I did find the setting to set it to EST. So all should be good. I hope.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to AppleGuy

to AppleGuy
said by AppleGuy:

Anyway easy way to correct this? Is this a ATA issue or something wrong with the DID? I cannot locate this info under DID management more my ATA.

The time is normally transmitted from the ATA to the phone as part of a Caller ID FSK message. Post your ATA model or keep looking. I know both of my ATAs let me set the time zone.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

1 recommendation

Mango to AppleGuy

Premium Member

to AppleGuy
said by AppleGuy:

it should have been grabbing the time properly from voip.ms

Actually, it receives the time from an NTP server, if you have one configured, not your VoIP service provider. If you want help configuring that, let us know what ATA you use. This will ensure your time is always correct (even if you have a power outage or something).

m.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

I figured it out. I must have been blind since it was staring me at the face. Good grief, not sure what is wrong with me at times. Anyway, I changed the settings and called the line and it adjusted the time automatically.

It's a Grandstream ATA. Previously I had a Cisco but it was giving me issues.

(it was set as MTZ+6MDT+5,M3.2.0,M11.1.0) which seems to be a the default.

When setting up the Cisco, it has a lot more settings so you're a little more involved. With this Grandstream ATA there is almost no settings what-so-ever so I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have.

Davesworld
join:2007-10-30
Thermal, CA

Davesworld to AppleGuy

to AppleGuy
The other reason that a an analog phone hooked to an ATA does not adjust time automatically is because it is a Siemens. I used to hate that about the SL785 of which I have a few I am willing to sell.