spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pw1981
join:2014-03-09
Spring Hill, FL

pw1981

[TV] App support for Disney

Has anyone figured out a way to use the Disney apps for kids with Brighthouse as a provider? My kids would really love to be able to use the Watch Disney apps on the AppleTV and/or my iPhone, but BHN is not supported. BHN doesn't have a history of being out in front of trends, so I figured they would come on board with the service eventually. However, so far no change.

Anyone else figure out a way around this or know of upcoming support for these apps?
billd104
join:2009-01-30
Oldsmar, FL

1 recommendation

billd104

To my knowledge, BHN is not providing or supporting the Disney app suite at this time. Hopefully that will change in the future.
Wally173
join:2013-05-08
Lithia, FL

Wally173 to pw1981

to pw1981
i have been wanting this for a while for my son. Hopefully it will come soon. This is like the one thing Bright House doesn't have that I really want. They basically have close to everything else.
kurros
join:2014-07-24
Winter Haven, FL

1 edit

kurros to pw1981

to pw1981
It took forever (nearly five years) for BHN to get ESPN360/3 (now part of WatchESPN). These things usually only happen when their carriage agreement is up for renewal, as it requires extra $ from the ISP/MSO. I'd like to think we'll get access to Watch Disney whenever Disney's contract is up for renewal. Who knows when that'll be though. IIRC the last deal was in 2010. No idea how long the deal was for. Could be a while.

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha to pw1981

to pw1981
Most Disney deals are 7-10 years.

Berniefl27
@67.8.32.x

Berniefl27

Anon

We are also still waiting for watch tnt app and watch tbs app provider access and of course cnn app access and the DISNEY channels app access for iPhones/iPads ,,, it could take years more as it has already been years,,,typical Brighthouse