Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

FossaMail 25.0 is out

The mods can move this thread if they wish to the software forum. I really have never seen much mention of this Thunderbird based e mail program here.

FossaMail is an e mail client that is put out by the same people who produce the Pale Moon Browser. (Moonchild Productions) This is a new major release of both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of this e mail program. With this new release, Moonchild has changed the whole "back end" of this program and moved from a Mozilla/Thunderbird based core to a Pale Moon core. Read about it and get it from here:

»www.fossamail.org/

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

1 edit

Santa Fe

Geeze, now they can't leave Thunderbird alone?

Seamonkey users better watch out, your favorite browser might be next, LandChimp anyone?

Edited because I used mad instead of ; )

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

FossaMail has been around for a while. It is not a new product by any means. I have never tried it myself, but I may try it now only because I am curious as to how it is.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

Santa Fe

Okay, I thought they were messing with my T-Bird! Nobody better lay a finger on my T-Bird.

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

LOL...yes, T-Bird has been my go to e mail program for a long time also. And I am much less prone to try anything else these days. For example, Pale Moon has issues with my bank sites and others telling me that I am using an outdated browser. I am getting lazy in my old age. I prefer not having to tinker with stuff to get it to work right.
Racerbob

Racerbob

Premium Member

I installed the 64bit version tonight. Works quite well. They have a profile migration tool that copied my T-Bird profile over into FossaMail and that worked great also. There also is a backup program that I ran and it went smoothly and backed up all of my settings and e mails successfully. I may now use T-Bird for maybe three e mail accounts and FossaMail for the other two that I currently have set up.