CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

3 recommendations

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

[Anveo] You Gotta Love It!

A Chicago area (224 area code) phone number ending in 0000 for $0.34. That's 34 cents.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

1 edit

3 recommendations

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by CatsEyeX:

A Chicago area (224 area code) phone number ending in 0000

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

I found 781-691-0000 in Anveo Direct just over two months ago for 19 cents. I love my gold number, it's just so extremely easy to remember.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

3 recommendations

Mango

Premium Member

BUT ANVEO CHARGES FOR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111~#! Forget paying for tickets; I'm going to a provider that charges 25 times more for a phone number AND THEIR SUPPORT IS FREE LIKE IT SHOULD BE!
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

2 recommendations

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

Lol! Yes Anveo does charge for support. But you know what? I have never had any need to contact Anveo support.
CatsEyeX

1 edit

2 recommendations

CatsEyeX to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
I still could not believe it when I saw it.

224-XXX-0000

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

1 recommendation

Arne Bolen to Mango

Premium Member

to Mango
said by Mango:

I'm going to a provider that charges 25 times more for a phone number AND THEIR SUPPORT IS FREE LIKE IT SHOULD BE!

Arne Bolen

1 edit

Arne Bolen to CatsEyeX

Premium Member

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

I still could not believe it when I saw it.

Wow! That can't be possible.

Your number is diamond number - so much easier to remember than my number. I am defeated!

At least I will not forget your diamond phone number.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

1 edit

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

Okay, I am confused and maybe I did not state it correctly. The 2 Xs which I represented above are not the same number, so I guess 224-XXX-0000 would be more accurate.

What is the difference between a gold and a diamond number?

XANAVirus
Premium Member
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV

XANAVirus to CatsEyeX

Premium Member

to CatsEyeX
I have a free text app on my phone which gives me a free number with which to text from (and to) - Heywire.

I don't know anything about 'Gold' and 'Diamond' numbers, but I'd say mine is pretty memorable...

312-777-WXYZ (not literally that, of course, just not publishing the full number)

The last four digits aren't as easy to say for me, they tend to blend together, but everyone else says that the last four are easy to remember when thinking in terms of a jingle.

Of course I like the Lucky Number aspect.

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky to CatsEyeX

Premium Member

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

No formal definition. Basically, a gold number means a really unique valuable and awesome number.
arpawocky

1 edit

1 recommendation

arpawocky to Mango

Premium Member

to Mango
said by Mango:

BUT ANVEO CHARGES FOR SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111~#! Forget paying for tickets; I'm going to a provider that charges 25 times more for a phone number AND THEIR SUPPORT IS FREE LIKE IT SHOULD BE!

FORGET THAT!! I'LL GET A PROVIDER THAT CHARGES MORE THAN 100 TIMES WHAT AVEENO CHARGES (PLUS TAXES, FEES, AND VARIOUS COST RECOVERY BS) THAT WILL GIVE ME A CRAPPY NUMBERR - BUT HAS 24x7 PHONE TECH SUPPORT*!!!!!!1!!!

-----

*if you can call talking to some ILEC or Cable rep who things "ping" "rfc" and "sip" are just brands of unsupported third-party router, "tech support."

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to CatsEyeX

Premium Member

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

IMHO a gold number is a number very easy to remember, like ending with 0000. A diamond number is even easier to remember like 300-300-0000.
doc
join:2014-08-16

doc to CatsEyeX

to CatsEyeX
I'm happy enough with my XXX-991-1111, but it does get it's fair share of mis-dials.

engineercarl
Premium Member
join:2003-02-24
Washington, DC

engineercarl to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
Las Vegas, baby!

702-XXX-0000

Pulled it out of MagicJack before they knew any better. I almost had 240-324-0000 but I stupidly let that 'Jack lapse and I couldn't recover the number.
azmike5
join:2012-07-19
Phoenix, AZ

azmike5 to CatsEyeX

to CatsEyeX
Those zeros take so long to dial though!

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· sAY4UAh0
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

Lol! I can still remember having rotary phones at my parent's house when I was a kid.

I did not realize this until I read it about a month ago, but that is why big cities like New York and Chicago got area codes like 212 and 312. Fewer pulses to dial so it took less time for an operator to connect the call.

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

Polydidomania

said by CatsEyeX:

LOL! I can still remember having rotary phones at my parent's house when I was a kid.

COL (Crying out loud)! When I was a kid the microphone was at the top of a stalk on a pedestal; the ear piece hung on a hook on the side of the stalk; and there was no dial. When you picked up the ear piece you heard a live operator say "Number, please."
said by CatsEyeX:

I did not realize this until I read it about a month ago, but that is why big cities like New York and Chicago got area codes like 212 and 312. Fewer pulses to dial so it took less time for an operator to connect the call.

Here's a brief history of the evolution of Area Codes: »Re: Pop Quiz
said by Arne Bolen:

IMHO a gold number is a number very easy to remember, like ending with 0000. A diamond number is even easier to remember like 300-300-0000.

Not meaning to brag ... well, maybe just a little ...  but ...

201-XXX-0000 grabbed from GoogleVoice before they were even called GV and recently transferred to one of my favorite providers. It just popped up during my initial sign-up.

201-XXX-9999 & 201-XXX-9999 wife's cell phone and my former cell phone number (different exchanges) ... assigned by ATT right after they took over Cellular One before the 201/973 Area Code split occurred. ATT actually called me to that we give back our original boring DIDs, because they were switching from the Hawthorne NJ to the Hackensack NJ rate center. A bit of 'sweet talk' and ultimately unfulfilled promise to send 'flowers and chocolates' worked quite nicely.

XXX-800-8000 free VoIP DID obtained after searching through pages and pages of available DIDs from one of our 'free' DID providers.

And those are just the top of the pile of 'gold numbers' in my collection.   Oops, gotta go ... late for my psychiatrist appointment for treatment of my Polydidomania
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total

said by N9MD:

And those are just the top of the pile of 'gold numbers' in my collection.

Some thoughts for you that may help to cure you (or may make things worse, in which case, sorry)

You do not actually 'own' those numbers, you're only keeping them safe for future generations.

Future generations will say "What's a phone number and why would I want one anyway?"
mrjoe
join:2013-12-12
Israel

mrjoe to N9MD

to N9MD
Some decent numbers you've got there!
In the UK cellphone number are in groups of 3 with all of them starting with a 07 (07xxx xxx xxx) I once managed to get 07 962 962 962. Sold it for £135 though its worth way more. I got a UK London number from a US provider 020 7101 7000 and ported it to a UK SP.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

Just a few days ago, I got an even better one. A number ending in 5 zeroes in the 408 area code in Silicon Valley California. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet.
zamarac
join:2008-11-29
Canada

zamarac to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen

Re: [Anveo] You Gotta Love It!

said by Arne Bolen:

A diamond number is even easier to remember like 300-300-0000.

Unless you're an Ice Cream shop, it might not be such a brilliant idea to have that phone number at home.
mrjoe
join:2013-12-12
Israel

mrjoe to CatsEyeX

to CatsEyeX
Yeah!

I just managed to get 585XXX5555

Rochester area code. I'm in Israel, my wife's family all live in NY.

It was the only number with the same 4 last digits available in NY.
mrjoe

mrjoe to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
I'm paying $2 a month, how do you pay less for unlimited incoming?

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

Free Unlimited Incoming Providers

said by mrjoe:

... how do you pay less for unlimited incoming?

VoxOx (Southern California DIDs); CallCentric Free Phone Number (New York State DIDs but answer no to E911 option since you are outside US/Canada); GoogleVoice (U.S. DIDs); IpKall (Washington State DIDs forwarded to free CallCentric IP Freedom SIP URI such as 17772223334444 @ in.callcentric.com)

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to mrjoe

Premium Member

to mrjoe

said by mrjoe:

I'm paying $2 a month, how do you pay less for unlimited incoming?

Anveo Direct Prime DIDs with free incoming calls cost $0.19 per month.
»www.anveodirect.com/prices/did

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD to azmike5

Premium Member

to azmike5

What was ... and what will be.

CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen

Yes, but you have to either pay $0.004 per minute after the $0.19 per month for the DID or else pay a flat monthly rate "per channel", yes?

Am I missing something?

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to zamarac

Premium Member

to zamarac
said by zamarac:

Unless you're an Ice Cream shop, it might not be such a brilliant idea to have that phone number at home.

My NYC number is not easy to remember, but for some strange reasons Spanish speaking people around North America prefer to call my number instead of the correct number when they want to talk with eDreams (a travel company). As my knowledge of the Spanish language is very limited I gave up trying to explain to the callers they got the wrong number so I decided to hire Lenny to handle all calls.

My easy to remember numbers (ending with three of four zeros) don't suffer from people dialing the wrong number.
Arne Bolen

Arne Bolen to CatsEyeX

Premium Member

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

Yes, but you have to either pay $0.004 per minute after the $0.19 per month for the DID or else pay a flat monthly rate "per channel", yes?

Anveo Direct Prime DIDs require at least one incoming channel. The incoming channels are shared between all Anveo Direct Prime DIDs.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM to CatsEyeX

Premium Member

to CatsEyeX
It's like winning the lottery! I've only one personally, one from Vancouver. 778.XXX.0000

It's when you order numbers from your CLEC and they give you a new batch.

I'm a collector, I've quite a few ending with 8000, 9000, 5555 etc, but numbers ending in 0000 are very hard to get.