spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SteveFitz1
join:2004-01-24
Tyler, TX

SteveFitz1

Free Speed Upgrades Coming to Tyler, TX

Just saw a Suddenlink commercial here in Tyler stating that free internet upgrades will be coming before New Years Day and to watch your mailbox for more information.

Steve
upcboy
join:2014-11-30
Tyler, TX

upcboy

I Haven't received this in the mail but I did recieve a text from a friend that works in the Tyler Call center saying that Tyler would be upgrading around Christmas.
His exact words were.
"New internet upgrades coming soon.. 15mbps = 50mbps, 30mbps = 75mbps, 50mbps = 100mbps, 107mbps = 300 mbps Upload speeds are all being increased, same with usage caps"
adamg
join:2013-03-01

adamg to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
300 meg!

Im sure the cap will be retardedly low by comparison. We'll probably be able to hit the cap with 2 hours of max speed usage.
Cube
join:2014-09-09
Tyler, TX

Cube to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
And those previous northland areas suddenlink bought out are still a max 12 mbps....when will we get the promise of suddenlink service. Have we already been forgotten?
adamg

1 edit

adamg to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
you definitely will be. When I worked there about 6 years back, they had small areas where they were selling 1 meg connections, and they had 600+ people sharing ONE t1 line. People called in daily about sub-dialup speeds, I'm pretty sure that's still going on because ive seen posts on this board about sub-dialup speed in some of those same areas within the last year or so.

Who are you going to go to instead? Nobody! and they know it.
upcboy
Tyler, TX

upcboy

Just got This from My contact in the call center.

The options will be:
50Mbps/5Mbps w/ 250GB
75Mbps/7.5Mbps w/ 350GB
100Mbps/7.5Mbps w/ 400GB
150Mbps/7.5Mbps w/ 500GB

The go live date is set for 12/8/14

The upload speeds seem off.. but that is what they are being told in the call center today.

journeysquid
join:2014-08-01

journeysquid to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
For a company that held off on speed upgrades for years (I recall a CEO statement about not needing to keep up with the Jones's), they sure are rolling them out quickly now. We just got the free 30 Mbps upgrade.
adamg

adamg to upcboy

to upcboy
so 107 is only jumping to 150?
upcboy
Tyler, TX

upcboy

That's the info going around the Tyler Call Center For Tyler's Network... I find it hard to believe. But it could be true.
adamg

adamg

i hopped on the live chat to ask myself. the person I talked to said we'd be getting 300, but I'll be perfectly honest with you, as someone who worked there years back, most of the CSR's probably don't know a damned thing.
jkaufman
Premium Member
join:2013-09-26
Tyler, TX

jkaufman to SteveFitz1

Premium Member

to SteveFitz1
Checked the mail today. Haven't received anything yet.
mtrot
join:2006-03-26
Tyler, TX

mtrot to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
I sure hope it helps speed up some of these sites that take forever to load, i.e., ESPN.com. Currently on the 30mbps service.
I49mobile
join:2012-02-11

I49mobile

I was told that Bossier City would go live on 12/16/2014. I have 50 and was told I would go to 75. So will I get 75 or 100 like Tyler with the upgrade from 50 ?

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

Just talked with them yesterday about Bossier and they wouldn't say anything lol.
upcboy
Tyler, TX

1 edit

upcboy to adamg

to adamg
said by adamg:

i hopped on the live chat to ask myself. the person I talked to said we'd be getting 300, but I'll be perfectly honest with you, as someone who worked there years back, most of the CSR's probably don't know a damned thing.

I have worked there in the past too (Tech Support Tyler Call center) I'd be really surprised if those numbers were right. I'm hoping for 300Mbps...
Finger2208
join:2001-04-07
Lindale, TX

Finger2208 to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
Apparently the speed upgrades are for residential accounts only. I spoke with a couple of different SL reps on the commercial side today and was basically told no speed upgrades for business accounts in the Tyler area anytime soon

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle to I49mobile

Premium Member

to I49mobile
said by I49mobile:

I was told that Bossier City would go live on 12/16/2014. I have 50 and was told I would go to 75. So will I get 75 or 100 like Tyler with the upgrade from 50 ?

Talked to support again today since my bill came with another pricing list attached. Interestingly enough they couldn't give me service for the $7/month increase from 50 to 107 that their own bill said. ODD

But she did inform me that "ALL" customers are having free upgrades by February. Not sure what all means in this case exactly, possibly just market though. The 50 meg plan will go to 107/7.5 with a 400G cap. Should I point out here that for the last 2 years they have been requiring a $40 service call for a technician to do this speed upgrade per customer....... Anyways, at least in this area, the 107 will be upgraded to 150/? with a ? cap and won't be happening for another year.

May want to talk to them again as I'm fed out of Bossier head end too.
upcboy
Tyler, TX

upcboy

I don't think the Call center knows what is going on... I spoke to them today and was told the 107Meg customers wouldn't be receiving an upgraded. They would just be adding a Tier above 107 for the 150meg.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

My guess is that with the upgrades, they're probably trying to focus on getting the majority of everyone up to a certain base speed, call it a phase 1. From everyone coming on here, it does seem like there's no set plan in place that's been shared with CS
mtrot
join:2006-03-26
Tyler, TX

mtrot to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
So, I'm confused now. Is this speed upgrade occurring in December, or next February? Also, I have not received anything in the mail about this.
SteveFitz1
join:2004-01-24
Tyler, TX

SteveFitz1

According to the Suddenlink TV commericals that are currently running in Tyler, all that is "official" is that Free Upgrades are coming before New Years Day. Everything else is just speculation.

moldypickle
Premium Member
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

Not speculation, miss information from the support desk.
adamg

adamg to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
Suddenlink treats their employees like mushrooms; feed them shit and keep them in the dark.
upcboy
Tyler, TX

upcboy to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
The 150Mbps is active in tyler.. Had to call in and "upgrade" my speed it actually lowered my bill a few dollars from my 107Mbps

I've tested around 160 a few times last night but this is all i could get today

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Nice new.

Timbo85
@74.193.54.x

Timbo85 to SteveFitz1

Anon

to SteveFitz1
i live in longview and called suddenlink a few days ago when i heard about the upgrades.

the lady that answered said she knew about the upgrades, but didn't know when they were actually happening..

do have a person coming to my house later this week to install a new modem (she said a tech had to install it because something to do with emergency 911? didn't understand that part but oh well)

anyone have any idea when longview will receive this ugprade?
vancelot
join:2008-06-16
Tyler, TX

vancelot to upcboy

to upcboy
said by upcboy:

The 150Mbps is active in tyler.. Had to call in and "upgrade" my speed it actually lowered my bill a few dollars from my 107Mbps

I've tested around 160 a few times last night but this is all i could get today

Does that mean Tyler is not getting 300Mbps?
adamg

adamg to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
I got mine upgraded too. I'm only hitting like 60 meg though, thats all i was getting before i called too, have had no problems hitting 108 consistently anytime ive tried recently. upload looks right though. Were they even ready for this upgrade? Maybe my old 4 channel modem wont cut it for this. Time to upgrade!

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre to moldypickle

Premium Member

to moldypickle
It's Bossier City! What do you expect?
BiGxChucK
join:2014-08-19
League City, TX

BiGxChucK to SteveFitz1

to SteveFitz1
My speed hasn't gone up yet. I was told on chat that my 50/3 plan would go to 75/7.5. She did say that my speed should be upgraded today but not when