Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus

Re: [Raiding] Progression Thread 6.0 WoD edition

Arch, which class do you want me to work on?

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Carpie

to Carpie
i'll try it this evening to see if we can change it to mythic

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Ginjer

Premium Member

to Ginjer
lol i don't care man. You play what you want.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

Well, working on all my melee now. I think by New Years I should have my Pally, Monk, DK, Warrior, and Druid at 100.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Monk DPS would be great.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

monk dps wrecks everything atm

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
Arch. I will start that ASAP. Have my BoA weapon ready to roll which should lower things a bit. Of course I will be doing some Garrison in the mean time.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to Carpie

to Carpie
Unfortunately my group had a late start to raiding due to a late decision to re-sub for WoD by several of our old members and some terrible luck recruiting healers.

First night we only went 2/7 normal because one of the healers rage quit and refused to heal after 3 wipes on Brackenspore. Back to the drawing board to find another healer it seems!

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Ugh. Sorry to hear that Eumaeus. That can be very frustrating. It's only temporary though; you'll fill that spot and be on your way!
Weout44
join:2013-01-17
Miller Place, NY

Weout44

You DO NOT have to have a Heroic Imperator kill to do mythic. In fact i suggest you try mythic kargrath , he is very easy.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

My thoughts exactly. Thanks Weout44 for the confirmation!

Not something we at Absolution will be attempting in the very near future, but will be something we have to weave into our plans in the upcoming weeks as we start making solid progress through heroics.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Up to 6/7 on normal now.
Weout44
Miller Place, NY

Weout44 to Carpie

to Carpie
1/7 Mythic still!.. We've been wiping on Twins for 2 days now..

Good Luck to everyone else!

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
1/7 is awesome though, good luck with Twins.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Yeah for sure. You guys are out in front of anyone else here on DSLR just by being in Mythic content. You are a full difficulty ahead of us. I'd love to see us get a couple more heroic bosses down in the next couple weeks but I have to keep reminding myself not to get my hopes up since it is the holiday season. Practically though, we'll do what we can fit in the next couple weeks and hit it hard again after the new year.

EDIT: Oh and hope we don't end up too far behind the curve once Blackrock drops in February. :/

Mordred

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
Carpie, I am sure you wont. I am hoping my guild will have normal down with 2 or 3 heroics boss when the next raid drops.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Yeah and I'm sure we'll be in a similar boat. I'm actually betting we'll be at least 5/7 heroic, 1/7 mythic by the time BF drops. Basically a full difficulty ahead of where we are now. Really the fights are the same%u2026 and we'll be getting better geared each week%u2026. So it is just a matter of time.

My "stretch goal" for us would be 6/7 heroic and 3-4/7 mythic. I dream big.
Weout44
Miller Place, NY

Weout44 to Carpie

to Carpie
Yeah thanks! It does get frustrating even in our group, we still have some derpers.. Talked last night with our GM, about the same people who's dps/hps suck because they are always dead. On the Twin fight, same people die to fire, and whirlwind.. We all know when this happens that the raid starts to get all PISSY at each other. We wont be raiding much in the next 2 weeks since our raid days coincide with all the holidays, but as always wish everyone good luck. -Cheers

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

we weren't able to get H Impregnator down this week, which was super frustrating b/c we were consistenly getting into the 4th phase and then ppl kept derping the orbs.

on the other hand, i was murdering the meters, was sitting at 24k dps and about 13.5 million dmg for the fight with 20ppl in the raid

Mordred

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
Made it to Imperator Mar'gok and wiped on him for an hour. We will get him this week. We will see if the Holiday boss hits for raid wide absence.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Carpie

to Carpie
got regular impregnator done last night, been getting heroic down to the teens but our tanks keep getting murdered in the transition from p3 to p4.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Heroic Kor'agh down. Barely. The orb soaking hunter was the last one alive, and I think if she hadn't crit the Kill Shot, we were screwed. Oddly, our first Normal kill was very similar.

I think we don't have enough magic damage for that fight. We ended up breaking the shield just barely 4 times, and the 4th time was with half the raid dead to orb explosions just prior.

Oh well, it gets better each week due to gear.

We're debating mythic Kargath vs Imperator for tonight. Voting normal Imperator so that numbers aren't the problem; strat is.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Nick D:

Voting normal Imperator so that numbers aren't the problem; strat is.

That's usually my vote, too.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Personal progress this week went to 6/7 normal 5/7 heroic. With about 1500-2000 gold spent in repairs for the amount of wipes in pugs.

For Absölution, I feel twins is possible with more practice, and I would like to see tries on Tectus. I feel that fight normal-heroic is not that much different.

Butcher requires more gear, and brack.. oh brack. 3 kills on heroic for me this week to try and get the bow. That is tight if the people on the green moss is not performing well.

Nick D, if you need more magic damage, can the hunters switch to survival?

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Did you guys beat Tectus on normal?

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Arch, Absölution?

Has killed Tectus on normal. Has not tried on heroic. This is a boss Absölution has less problems with.

I have killed it normal and heroic. IMO it is the same fight, just less forgiving.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Ah ok.

Some of our guys went PUGing and are 7/7 on normal and heroic now.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
I dread doing a fight with so many phases in a pug.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Energystream

Premium Member

to Energystream
said by Energystream:

Nick D, if you need more magic damage, can the hunters switch to survival?

I've thought about requesting that, but I'm not honestly sure that's really the problem.

Raid comp was:
Pure magic:
2x Mage
2x Warlock
Boomkin
Ele Shaman

Rest:
Frost DK
Ret Paladin
2x Combat Rogue
Feral Druid (moonfirelol)
2x Marks Hunters
Windwalker

Tanks:
Blood DK
Prot Warrior

DK and Ret do a good bit of magic damage. Rogues have poison, but that's it.

It doesn't seem terribly unbalanced, but maybe we're fine and that's just the nature of the fight to get a lot of orbs and go all "oh shit" at the end. "Do more damage" might just be the solution.

Anyone got any ideas of how many shield breaks you've been getting? 3 is about our max.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
Earth

Exodus to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Guild is 6/7 Normal, 2/7 Heroic. Butcher down. That's it for today and probably the rest of the year.