Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

1 edit

Blockgorilla to Carpie

to Carpie

Re: [Raiding] Progression Thread 6.0 WoD edition

just finished our tuesday raid, we got through twins in normal and then got through twins in Heroic. will go in and try and finish normal on thursday and then see what we can do in heroic. Imperator is no fricking joke
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Carpie

to Carpie
Our Tuesday run went pretty well. 6 bosses down in 3 hours, 7 wipes (3 on Tectus, 2 on heroic Kargath, 2 on Kor'grah or whatever his name is). For our second night we will be working on Imperator (I hear he is a mega pain in the a$$). I'm hoping we can get him down.
Weout44
join:2013-01-17
Miller Place, NY

Weout44

Yeah you can take any path to the bosses you wish.. We are now 6/7 heroic.. working on Imperator tonight.. Hate those long ass fights with 10 different phases!!!!!! :P Good Luck to everyone else.. Cheers!
Weout44

Weout44 to Carpie

to Carpie
I definitely recommend that Twins is your second heroic kill. That fight is a joke. Once you can learn to weave in and out of fire, it becomes laughable. If i can post later, i have a positioning strat that helps melee a shit ton with the fire. Two big fat bosses and waves of fire at your feet = No bueno for melee.. :P

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Carpie

to Carpie
heroic ko'ragh down

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Weout44

Premium Member

to Weout44
said by Weout44:

I definitely recommend that Twins is your second heroic kill. That fight is a joke. Once you can learn to weave in and out of fire, it becomes laughable. If i can post later, i have a positioning strat that helps melee a shit ton with the fire. Two big fat bosses and waves of fire at your feet = No bueno for melee.. :P

Would love to see this, my dps drops to 12k on that fight because I'm always running from shit (ret pally),
saillaw

saillaw to Blockgorilla

Premium Member

to Blockgorilla
Wow congradts!

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
Grats Block!!

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Grats Block. Curious... did you end up going back and killing Imp on Normal?

We had a good three hours last night as well, clearing 5/7 on Normal and downing heroic Kargath. Felt like it was farm with pretty much one shots except a derp on Butcher and Twins was our first time seeing them but got them in four pulls (after figuring out fire). Not bad for only our third time in Highmaul.

So now we need to make some decisions on which bosses to go after on Sunday. We'll probably start with Ko'ragh on Normals, but after that I'm inclined to just avoid Imp. Based on the feedback form these forums and MMO-Champs, it feels like we'd have better luck going after other heroic fights starting with Twins. (And it certainly wouldn't hurt that the gear drops would be much nicer!)

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

said by Carpie:

... did you end up going back and killing Imp on Normal?

no, the raid lead wanted to spend the time on Heroic Ko'ragh, which we were able to get down in about 10 pulls or so. we decided to work on heroic Imp instead of going back and getting the normal version. We were able to get to p3 pretty consistently but could never pull into the 4th phase. We were saving our lust for the 4th phase b/c it's so difficult. Just like Ko'ragh, it's not really a dps race per say, it's the aids bouncing and not stepping in mines that's the problem. solve that and the fights not too hard.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
said by Carpie:

Twins was our first time seeing them but got them in four pulls (after figuring out fire)

For that last pull, my son (4yrs) had fallen asleep in my lap with the back of his head on my collar bone and his forehead against my cheek. I healed that fight leaning back in my chair trying to keep him balanced while healing on the run, lol. Having watched some of my leveling up, he wanted to see me fight the "guy with one hand and a swordhand" so badly I didn't have the heart to say "no". On every wipe he'd try to figure out what I needed to do so we wouldn't die again, lol. While it was a great night for the guild, it also became a special time with my son. So, if I was less vocal than usual... that's why.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Awesome story. It's moments like that that make it all worthwhile.

And it was a great kill and semi-unexpected (even though we had done really well with just half of the group alive in the previous pull) since our first two pulls were over so quick due to failing in the fire. I'm just sorry Bill, Yvette, and Jacob couldn't have been there. Damn Frontier and their horrible reliability

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Well, we got Brackenspore down today making us 3/7 normal. I did a pug that killed Twins Organ as well, so I'm personally 4/7

Mordred

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
Tanking Brakenspore was kind of boring but fun dealing with the mushrooms and moss. Calling in for the flame throwers was like having Firebats.

We got Tecus down fairly easy this weekend. Our DPS was able to kill him during is first plate shift which made the rest of the fight alot easier. Here is a tip for some Melee and Tanks on this fight. When the boss dies he leaves sand on the ground. It obscures the ground effects so you will not be able to see them as well.

Does anybody else seem to have a fire homing beacon attached to them on twins or is it just me. I love having a 60ft Ogre whirlwinding at me while dodging fire and falling rocks.

Really good weekend for us considering we had to pug 4 spots just to get to 10. We had 6 new recruits for this Xpack, 4 have just plan not showed up for raid. The other 2 are not raid geared.

4/7normal

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Went in on Thursday for the 5/7 run which was awesome. I took a second group in Friday and we killed first 2 bosses before the pug healers started leaving after 2 wipes on Brackenspore. Saturday we had Tanks and DPS ready to go but we lacked healers so I had to call the raid.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Mordred

to Mordred
on the twins, if you tank them on the wall, with the twins by one pillar and the ranged dps on the other pillar, the fires are EASIER to dodge. that's what we do for heroic

Mordred

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
Thanks Block, I will suggest that for next week.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

also, whichever one of our tanks is tanking the ww guy moves him to the center of the room when he's gettign ready to ww and it's over by the time he gets close to the group

Mordred

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
I was doing that, but I was moving him to the side then back.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Spent a whole night killing heroic twins. We had 20 people in raid, and after 2 hours of derpitude, cut down the 5 worst and we got in like 3 more attempts.

People love running as far as humanly possible during fire. It's like "can we brez the healer?" "she's across the entire goddamn map"

On to Brackenspore tonight! With possible butcher! (lol)

Carpie
united state

Carpie

I feel your pain NickD. Grats on the kill.

We spent the last half of our raid taking shots on Twins and after our 8th attempt, we called it a night a bit early as it was clear it wasn't going to happen. We had the same types of issues it sounds like you were having and are going to have to make similar changes:

1) Get better at mechanics - The fire was still consuming too many. And unfortunately, often it was key people like healers. Which sometimes lead to a tank death shortly after. Also had a dps warrior derp into the whirlwind with the tank on two or three fights. Things like that just can't happen.

2) Bring our A game - Our last attempt was 61% and was 4:08m in. That isn't going to cut it with a 9min hard enrage. Need to squeeze the deeps.

3) Bring our A team - It's only the 2nd week in for Highmaul and we've taken the stance that we want people to see it and do some raiding with the guild. So the past four raid nights have been open invites to the guild with minimal expectations (625+ ilvl and be gemmed/enchanted). Going forward we'll have to be more strict in the threshold for progression fights. The other opportunity on the team standpoint is that not only have we had a few with us that weren't pulling their weight, we also had the opposite where we were missing a few people that DO pull their weight. So we have to get a "core" team more settled and get a little more consistency in the attendance. (Honestly may not happen until after the 1st of the year with the holidays) Lastly, not that it is an issue with Twins, but from a comp standpoint we are SOOOOO melee heavy. We saw some challenges with Ko'ragh because of this (though the even bigger issue was handling the adds).

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
H Brackenspore and H Butcher down!

Butcher kill was 5:10 long, so that shows how well the end of THAT went.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Carpie

to Carpie
My team did 8 pulls on Imperator-N last night - best attempt was 32%, just too much derpitude with the mines. On a more positive note, we one-shot heroic Kargath - so that makes us 6/7N, 1/7H. We put in two attempts on the butcher, but I don't think we have the DPS for that.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

Twins can be the 2nd easiest heroic if people are good at fire (if they're not, kick them until they are ). Brackenspore wasn't too bad either, though a higher gear check than Twins.

Butcher is gnarly. Our kill was past the enrage, with effective DPS of 285,686.2. All healers pulling 32K+, averaging around 35k total.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Thanks for the notes! I want to talk to the guild tonight about heroic Twins - we have lots of derpers, though, so I'm not sure it's possible. Butcher was indeed terrifying - the tank damage was quite high, and we only had 3 dps over 20k (rest like 14k) so after 2 wipes I knew there was just no way.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

1 edit

Energystream to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
So far I have tried 4 heroics, and difficulty really depends on the strengths of the raid.

Kargath is relatively lol

Butcher is a pure DPS and healing check. Right balance in number of healers and dps required, and requires high throughput from both. My closest attempt on him was a 7% due to enrage.

Tectus is pretty much the same as normal imo, just more. More damage, especially during tectonic upheavel. This is a bit of DPS check, Healing check, RNG and awareness. An all round fight. Managed to down him with the fewest attempts behind Kargath.

Twins is a RNG and awareness fight. Dodge fire, dodge charge, collapse enfeeble, spread pulverize. My best attempt was 9%. This fight is prone to losing people randomly throughout the encounter if they make 1 mistake in placement and movement.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

1 edit

Blockgorilla to Carpie

to Carpie
The guild got through the first 6 bosses of heroic in three hours last night. Had to spend an extra 45 minutes on tectus due to ppl's derpitude. We were literally pulling Impregnator when all of our voicecomms went down, Mumble/vent/TS all were not working so we called it and are betting on getting him down on thursday night so we can start on mythic next week.

*i had a really good night myself, having forgotten to buy my bonus coins until after thursday, so i had 6 going into the night and won 5/6 rolls with my ilvl going from 643 up to 656 in three hours. Thank you RNJesus

*edited for spelling

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Nice. Grats Block. Can you confirm that before you can get into Mythic difficulty the RL has to have downed heroic "Impregnator".

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
I recruited some players into the guild over the last few weeks and we finally ran our first raid today. We went 5/7 normal in two hours.

Going again tomorrow to do the last two and then onto heroic.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Gratz. Looks like you found something to do