Search similar:

uniqs

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to Mordred

to Mordred

Re: [Classes] Tank Balance

Sorry normally I would but it's pretty long and the format is kinda whacky, check it out when you are home

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to clawfury

to clawfury
I will have to CC the toddler with Frozen when I get home. Could someone frost trap the Wife for me. I marked her with Skull. 3....2.....1.... Go!

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

iPad (or any other tablet) is a wonderful thing, so while wife is watching TV I keep her company but I can still read WOW stuff
puppy

puppy

As I am reading the thread more I see a lot of interesting resources beyond simple Q&A, links to other guides or resolve charts or whatnot. I will definitely check it out at home
puppy

puppy

I really have to recommend you guys skim this reddit thread I posted. Some of the advice they give (assuming true) are pretty detailed, about when to use what skill, why something is better, death strike at top of resolve curve, etc.

Maybe because I'm a tank noob that a lot of this sounds very deep and informative, but I think there's a lot of good stuff here.
puppy

puppy

This is a link to Blizzard's challenge mode leaderboard. Scanning through the top entries, DKs dominate the tank spots. Some paladins and monks, very few warriors and bears.

»us.battle.net/wow/en/cha ··· e/#reset
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

so, an update based on my first raid in WoD:

The DK does not seem nearly as overpowered in a raid environment. He's still quite powerful, but it seems much more balanced to me in a raid. The other tank is a Brewmaster - he's a bit of a threat hog, and his gear is 10 ilvls better than mine - so he mistakenly messed up the rotation on Butcher a few times because of that. I'll comment more once I am on an even gear parity - 628 to 638 is a good sized gear difference.

My damage intake was really smooth and not spiky on the first boss, and my AOE dps was great when I was thrown into the stands.

I know a few times I messed up my rotation, probably because I was trying too hard - and that ended up leaving me with nothing to do for 5 seconds or so, lowering my threat output. That was just a me problem though, nothing class related.

The Butcher hit extremely hard, even on normal - we were short on healers for our first few attempts, so tank deaths were an issue until we had 4 healers (15-16 people).

BrewMasters definitely don't seem underpowered at all to me - my cousin did great with his, granted, 638-640 is kind of on the high end for normal content.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Mordred

to Mordred
Skull target is not for ccing.....

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Oh man I have been doing it wrong for so long . . .

Mordred

Mordred to clawfury

to clawfury
Looks like Toons are getting a slight haste buff today along with Prot Pallies getting a 25% haste buff from Sanctity of Battle.(Going from 5% to 30%) Might be enough to put haste back in the running for us.
Mordred

Mordred to clawfury

to clawfury
Also I think DKs are taking a hit on Blood Boil.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Mordred:

Also I think DKs are taking a hit on Blood Boil.

A huge hit, given how little use blood runes have now. Still there is an arguement that blood DKs shouldn't be doing crazy DPS, rather keeping aggro.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

DKs are in a very good spot right now. I am in love with both of mine playing all 3 specs never gets old. 33% reduction on BB is not that bad its damage is pretty good and the snap aggro aspect is still untouched in some way I think is a good change, it is bad when you are able to pull the 4 little tectus guys with one bloodboil after a warrior thunderclapped and shockwaved them.
Jobbie

Jobbie

Premium Member

Druids AOE got hit hard too. 50% on Thrash initial damage.

Ouch.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

said by Jobbie:

Druids AOE got hit hard too. 50% on Thrash initial damage.

I know. Super sad face. Spam thrash for huge numbers was so much fun. I was generally the highest dps in dungeons.

Even though... I am the first to admit and lobby that tank dps shouldn't be higher than DPS' dps.
Carpie

Carpie to Mordred

to Mordred
said by Mordred:

Looks like Toons are getting a slight haste buff today along with Prot Pallies getting a 25% haste buff from Sanctity of Battle.(Going from 5% to 30%) Might be enough to put haste back in the running for us.

This is most likely going to cause me to have to rebuild my Shadow Priest to Haste build as well. Was already strongly considering it and probably would have by now if the mats for BiS gems and enchants weren't so insane. #BringBackReforging

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Nice buffs for warriors. I am really happy for that.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Mordred

Premium Member

to Mordred
said by Mordred:

Got a link to today's patch notes?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Patch 6.0.3 Hotfixes - January 12
Looks like the class tuning hotfixes from today are indeed live! - Celestalon
Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Secondary Stats
The Haste stat is now 11.1% more effective. For example, characters at level 100 now receive a 1% increase per 90 Haste (up from 1% per 100 Haste).

Please note that the following class tuning hofixes are not active yet. These hotfixes are still undergoing testing and will be implemented as soon as possible.

Classes
Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
General
Blood Boil’s damage has been reduced by 33.3%.
Frost
Icy Talons now causes the Death Knight to gain 20% (up from 5%) more of the Haste stat from all sources.

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
General
Rejuvenation’s healing has been reduced by 5%.
Thrash (Bear Form)’s direct damage has been reduced by 50%. Its periodic damage remains unchanged.
Balance
Mastery: Total Eclipse’s effects have been increased by 6.7%.

Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Beast Mastery
Mastery: Master of Beasts’ effects have been increased by 12.5%.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Fire
Incineration now causes the Mage to gain 15% (up from 5%) more of the Critical Strike stat from all sources.
Pyroblast’s damage has been reduced by 5%.

Monk (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Items
Monk PvP 2-piece set bonus for Windwalker/Brewmaster now only functions while in PvP combat. (Rygarius)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Protection
Sacred Duty now causes the Paladin to gain 30% (up from 5%) more of the Haste stat from all sources.
Glyphs
Glyph of Alabaster Shield now increases Shield of the Righteous’ damage by 3% (down from 10%) per stack.

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
General
Power Word: Shield’s absorption has been reduced by 15%.

Shaman (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Enhancement
Fire Nova now causes up to 6 novas (down from 7).
Stormstrike’s damage has been increased by 11.1%.

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
Destruction
Devastation now causes the Warlock to gain 15% (up from 5%) more of the Critical Strike stat from all sources.
Demonology
Mastery: Master Demonologist’s effects have been increased by 33%.

Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
General
Thunder Clap’s damage has been increased by 40%.
Arms
Mastery: Weapons Master’s effects have been increased by 57.1%.
Protection
Deep Wounds’ damage has been increased by 40%.
Devastate’s damage has been increased by 20%.
Revenge’s damage has been increased by 40%.
Shield Slam’s damage has been increased by 20%.
Talents
Gladiator Stance (Protection) now increases damage by 5% (down from 20%).
Wishflthinkn
join:2011-01-27
Bruceton Mills, WV

Wishflthinkn to clawfury

to clawfury
It looks like the fix for warriors was to tune the damage utilizing buffs to the actions vs. Gladiator stance being a huge DPS increase/buff. Makes Prot warrior better aggro wise. I wonder how it will change Glad dps. Is it an overall nerf or just a lateral change?

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I think it is a lateral change. Buff prot abilities nef glads overall damage. If not Gladiator damage could be pretty nasty.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Wishflthinkn

to Wishflthinkn
said by Wishflthinkn:

It looks like the fix for warriors was to tune the damage utilizing buffs to the actions vs. Gladiator stance being a huge DPS increase/buff. Makes Prot warrior better aggro wise. I wonder how it will change Glad dps. Is it an overall nerf or just a lateral change?

I think it's an overall buff. You've lost 15% damage, but all the abilites have increased by 20-40%. So that's a 5-25% increase.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
Nothing for rogues (shocked face), but that haste change will make a big difference for combat rogues at least.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
General
Power Word: Shield’s absorption has been reduced by 15%.

It was bound to happen, but that's a little more of a reduction than I expected. will have to go back to Mastery to boost all healing (I had switched to crit).

Bradzor
join:2010-02-16
Ballwin, MO

Bradzor to clawfury

to clawfury
I can barely play my rogue anymore, they are sooo bad at everything now

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Don't tell the devs that. No matter how many times it's been said, shown, and simmed, they still insist we are fine...

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Got a link to today's patch notes?

»Today's MMO Champion RSS Feed
Carpie

Carpie to Mordred

to Mordred
said by Mordred:

Yup. Theck confirmed in his Sacred Duty blog today. Haste is back as the main stat:

In later tests on Maintankadin (with a significant amount of assistance from Ashaton), we determined that even 30% wouldn't quite be enough on its own. Sacred Duty would need to be around 40% to push haste ahead of mastery under all circumstances.

It seems like Blizzard agreed. Haste must have been underperforming for a lot of classes to warrant an 11.1% buff to the rating conversion. Combining that with a 30% Sacred Duty is effectively the same as a 44.44% Sacred Duty, more than enough to push haste up to be our most preferred stat. So our attunement finally matches the stat we want.

Mordred

Mordred to clawfury

to clawfury
Getting holy power felt alot faster last night. I am very happy with the change. I still have 2 gems to switch out, but I believe I am sitting around 26% haste raid buffed now. I am def going to try Seraphim now.
Wishflthinkn
join:2011-01-27
Bruceton Mills, WV

Wishflthinkn to clawfury

to clawfury
I am very glad they are fixing some of the issues. IE the undervaluation of haste, but those issues would/should have been very obvious in the beta testing. WTH were they testing if major issues like haste, one of only 5 secondary stats becomes irrelevant to all but an extremely few specs on a few classes. Well anyway they are getting to changes that needed to be done so win/ win right. Now to replace all that mastery/vers/multi gear on my tankadin. I do look forward to the Mastery/Haste build, just not as viable to share gear with your ret spec anymore.