spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Billy72
join:2014-07-15

Billy72

[DSL] Going from Dry Loop back to Bell landline

Hi guys,

Wasn't sure where to post this but I'm a Teksavvy DSL user so I figure I might get some pointers. I used to have Teksavvy DSL+Bell landline. I dropped Bell and now have Teksavvy DSL+Dry Loop+Ooma. I want to go back to Bell landline and drop the dry loop fee. Would this mean:

1. calling up bell and report my ooma number back to bell.
2. wait for bell landline to activate.
3. Call Teksavvy and cancel dry loop(?) (assuming the Bell technician reconnected wires at the junction box and reconnected my DSL back onto the Bell landline).

Thanks.

brendan4456
@69.165.145.x

brendan4456

Anon

why not call teksavvy and ask for a land line back - might be worth a shot

Azmodan012
join:2013-05-10
Chatham, ON

Azmodan012 to Billy72

to Billy72
Hate to tell u this, BUT if you plan to go back to landline, you got a bit ahead of you due to the way Bell does things.

You would first need to have the landline installed. After it has been stable for several days TekSavvy can then submit an order for a Wet-loop DSL account. I believe Bell requires 5 days that the phone line has to be in service.

This will mean you would be required to pay an activation fee for the install of the Wet-loop DSL again as Bell will not move/convert your existing DSL Dryloop account to a Wet-loop.
Halton
join:2014-06-29
Canada

Halton to Billy72

to Billy72
Get the landline from Teksavvy....it is still Bell but less costly.

Have you considered Teksavvy's VOIP offering? I have been looking at it and may switch when my current VOIP contract expires -- that will save me the cost of the dry loop with Teksavvy.
leehoewonek
join:2012-10-01
Kanata, ON

leehoewonek

Or better yet, pick up an Obihai 100 from Newegg for $50, then setup an account with Freephoneline.ca and pay the $50 for the config file, another $25 if you want to port your existing phone number over. Then enjoy a free phone line, with free calling across most of Canada, voicemail, call display, call forwarding, and call waiting all included.

Just be careful when you go to the site -- Fongo bought them a few years ago and will try to direct you to create a Fongo account, with monthly fees. Find the Freephoneline account creation instead.

I've been with them 7 years now, total downtime is maybe 3-4 hours several years ago.

needsomehelp
join:2014-02-07
Canada

needsomehelp to Halton

to Halton
said by Halton:

Get the landline from Teksavvy

If he has ever been a Bell customer, this won't work due to Teksavvy's Stop-sell.
Billy72
join:2014-07-15

Billy72

Thanks for everyone's reply - I had no idea Teksavvy offered landline (or the ensuing stop order).

VOIP is exactly what I'm using right now - via Ooma. My folks weren't happy with Ooma VOIP initially because it kept cutting out - but I think that had more to do with the modem-router-Ooma hub setup and DSL line than the actual device itself. After some rejigging it has been stable so I'm hoping they'll stay with Ooma long enough to break even on the initial device+activation fees cost. Let's just say the cost of Bell:Ooma ratio is 10:1 per month.