Search similar:

uniqs
OzarkEdge
join:2014-02-23
USA

OzarkEdge to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen

Re: [Anveo] Efficient Telemarketer Block

Got it. Your Contact Book is not a whitelist but you use it to allow inbound callers. Your extension is not a PIN but you use it as a secret passcode to allow inbound callers blocked by your whitelist... sorry, by your Contact Book.

Me thinks you have gone too far over on the dark side of Anveo2.0, Happy Anveo customer.

Your whitelist is indeed a most efficient telemarketer block. Your PIN system is one way to relax this block to accommodate other wanted callers.

So far, I prefer managing a single blacklist. To make it more efficient, I want my service provider to offer a Star code feature that adds the last inbound call to the CallerID Filter list.

OE
fparker
join:2008-04-28
Scarborough, ON

fparker to mugurd

to mugurd
said by mugurd:

- if Anonymous, it replaced CID with ANI, so at least I know if it's a local call (hospital)

How do you do that?

mugurd
join:2001-05-24
Ottawa, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet
·Fido
(Software) pfSense
Netgear RAX50
Netgear R7000

mugurd

said by fparker:

How do you do that?

Not my idea, got it from cybersaga here:

»[Anveo] Using ANI as caller ID

Extrude
@37.187.51.x

Extrude to fparker

Anon

to fparker
said by fparker:

I find having 'anonymous' callers press 1 to ring through to our phone keeps out 99.9% of 'junk anonymous' and lets through the 'teachers etc anonymous' calls that we want to hear from.

Same here. And after 9pm non-whitelisted numbers go to voicemail.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to garys_2k

Premium Member

to garys_2k
said by garys_2k:

I just send them to voice mail, they never leave a message.

Most of the telemarketers calling my number do fill up my voicemail with their sales speech. The latest was "CUSTOMERSUPPORT 14156204276" offering to install a home alarm system.

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Nevertheless, I wouldn't recommend just discarding incoming anonymous calls to everyone. Too many instances of having important calls being lost in many cases.
MasterBash
join:2001-08-06
Montreal, QC

MasterBash to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
I think anveo should add an option like voip.ms... Ignoring all calls from select countries.
theikmarket
join:2012-06-09

theikmarket to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
I'm afraid I'm not as techy as you guys are. I don't have patience making changes in the phone settings. I'd rather just block them with an app.
theikmarket

theikmarket

Got this call blocker app by Callercenter.com for free. Lets me add as many phone numbers as I want to block list and I get to choose whether to send blocked calls to voicemail or immediately disconnected them. Works for me!

Extrude
@185.8.238.x

Extrude to Arne Bolen

Anon

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

Most of the telemarketers calling my number do fill up my voicemail with their sales speech.

During the day, they have to press 1 to get through, which they can't do. After 9pm they can't get through but could press 7 to leave a message, which they can't do.

So whitelistees get through any time, other humans get through during the day, and at night can leave a message. Telemarketer robots never get through.