Greenville, NC

shelby10763

Are you using Suddenlink's DNS servers?
semaj81
join:2002-08-12
Marietta, OH

semaj81 to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
I get them.. in Chrome, IE, and FF.. NOT using their DNS servers..I use OpenDNS.
mtrot
join:2006-03-26
Tyler, TX

mtrot to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
Yeah, I've been getting some like the second one you posted.
sj
join:2007-08-21
Winterville, NC

sj to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
Getting them in Winterville, NC for an upgrade at midnight on Dec. 3rd. I'm using Google DNS. To be honest I like seeing these, it's better than the internet going down and having no clue why.
jkaufman
Premium Member
join:2013-09-26
Tyler, TX

jkaufman to nnaarrnn

Premium Member

to nnaarrnn
have not gotten one in tyler recently. Though I may have opted out at some point.
dhudson1984
join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984 to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
Not getting them yet for Charleston...
Uplinkpro
join:2008-02-11
Lake Charles, LA

Uplinkpro to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
Welcome to this time last year. this has been brought up multiple times an no one even seems to care. It bypasses DNS and the only way around it is to opt-out, use a No Script plugin, or encrypt your traffic. By the way, the data they send you when they inject these things into your browser also counts against your data cap, same with your Suddenlink phone if you have it.

S918
@166.137.136.x

S918

Anon

Also received notice of upgrades in my area (Oklahoma). Any idea what they're upgrading?
jkaufman
Premium Member
join:2013-09-26
Tyler, TX

jkaufman to nnaarrnn

Premium Member

to nnaarrnn
my internet access did not go down last night. Maybe they were only working on part of tyler.
Nyron
join:2007-10-09
Charleston, WV

Nyron to dhudson1984

to dhudson1984
I live in Charleston and actually began getting them yesterday. It was sort of weird though. One said Dec. 2 at 1 am and another said Dec. 4 at 1 am. I did power reboot my modem this morning but still had the same speeds.

WEEDmon
El Loco
join:2007-04-26
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon to sj

to sj
Sj, is that upgrade for tonight at midnight Dec. 3rd or tomorrow (Wednesday) at midnight? Hopefully that upgrade is for all of Winterville including myself! lol
sj
join:2007-08-21
Winterville, NC

sj

I believe it means tonight, just after 12:00am

WEEDmon
El Loco
join:2007-04-26
Greenville, NC

WEEDmon

Do you know if it is all of Winterville or a portion of it? Hopefully it is all....

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Ive not been getting them. My guess is its your nodes turn to see the upstream channel bonding.
areacode304
join:2006-08-26
WV

areacode304 to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
Been getting these for over a year in the Parkersburg, WV, area.

cautery
join:2001-03-09
Haughton, LA

cautery to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
Haven't seen any browser injections, but I had some DNS issues and at some point my Cable/Internet modem went to 8 channels up/dn... Or more channels UP than it used to be.... I noticed because the Upload light used to be "green" while the download led was blue... Now they are both blue.
dhudson1984
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984 to Nyron

to Nyron
I forgot... I think I actually opted out of the browser injections the previous time this happened. It's probably happening tomorrow then, b/c I'm still showing 8 channels on the down, and 1 on the up atm.
dhudson1984

dhudson1984

I'm just outside of Charleston off of 60 E. I'm pretty sure we're fed from the same main headend out of So. Ridge too. It's out there beside the Budweiser plant if you didn't know...
Nyron
Charleston, WV

Nyron

Oh ok. I lived off Greenbrier St. near the Y for almost 6 years. I just moved to the Mink Shoals area about a month ago.
Nyron

Nyron to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
Power cycled the modem when I woke up. Not sure what has changed but my internet is much slower this morning. Maybe the upgrades are in process?
dhudson1984
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984 to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
I'm seeing no changes as of yet. I'll do a power cycle in a bit to be sure.
Lindsey
join:2008-12-16
Gypsy, WV

Lindsey

at one time I got them, but not anymore
dhudson1984
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984 to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
No changes at all yet...
Nyron
Charleston, WV

Nyron to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
Nothing here yet either. The radio commercials are saying before New Year's so shouldn't be much longer.
cadrifter
join:2014-12-06
Fortuna, CA

cadrifter to WEEDmon

to WEEDmon
Been Getting them for a long time -- Since spring? -- Here in Humboldt, CA. I wish they would let us know what they are upgrading. I wonder if we are due to get increased speeds? Since the second fiber line out of the county went in the bandwidth is not an issue.
Nyron
Charleston, WV

Nyron to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
I just got another one today. Says that upgrades will be occurring on Dec. 10th at 1 am. Maybe tomorrow will bring the new speeds.
dhudson1984
Charleston, WV

dhudson1984

Thanks for the update bud!
StR
join:2009-11-10
College Station, TX

StR to Nyron

to Nyron
I just got "Dec.12 at 2am" service outage notice.
This is the 3rd in a row, after 2 outages about 3 days apart a week ago. (College Station - Bryan, TX)
Nyron
Charleston, WV

Nyron to nnaarrnn

to nnaarrnn
No change in speeds yet.