uniqs

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

4 edits

humanfilth

Xbox-360 as OptikTV box, end of life. Jan 27 2015

»www.telus.com/en/bc/get- ··· ticle.do

Important information about your Optik TV service.

Posted December 1st, 2014

As of Jan. 27, 2015, you will no longer be able to use your Xbox 360 as an Optik TV™ digital set top box. In order to continue enjoying your Optik TV where you currently use your Xbox, you will require another digital box. Call 310-MYTV (6988) to book your appointment today.

Edit. Xbox Live gets a lovely DDoS today, allowing users to get out and replenish the junk food bins.
»www.gamezone.com/news/li ··· 943-jran

Jlod
@99.199.111.x

Jlod

Anon

Since day one the Xbox 360 as a setup box did not work, Telus never maintained their software for it to work. Deceiving new customers into thinking they could use the Xbox as a setup box is just one more strike against Telus. Telus is just your run of the mill do as little as possible be nothing special company.

Dent_
join:2014-02-21
Red Deer, AB

Dent_

Always worked good for me till I got rid of my 360 for the Xbox One...kinda regret that decision.

Jlod
@99.199.111.x

Jlod

Anon

Always someone on this site saying everything is perfect for them. Everyone I know had problems when using the Xbox 360 as a set up box, like intermittent freezing as just one example and every Telus Tech I have talked has said the Xbox 360 as a set up box never worked properly, it was just a Telus marketing gimmick.

Dent_
join:2014-02-21
Red Deer, AB

Dent_

I am not saying everything was perfect for everyone, I just didn't have a problem using it. Actually no, one issue, it took a long time to start the app, that was it.

pfak
Premium Member
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC

pfak to humanfilth

Premium Member

to humanfilth
There was terrible jitter when watching anything with high motion, and the final nail in the coffin was when Microsoft made TELUS TV an Xbox Live feature only.

This would've been super handy on the Xbox One, though. Too bad TELUS isn't pursuing it, and Microsoft has their head shoved you-know-where.

file
join:2011-03-29
Riverview, NB

file

Microsoft no longer owns the Mediaroom IPTV software. Ericsson purchased it from them. Could be why this is discontinued.
goalcam
join:2001-06-03
Port Coquitlam, BC

goalcam

Microsoft having sold off Mediaroom is probably at least some of the reason. AT&T discontinued usage of the Xbox 360 as a STB a year ago. »www.telecompetitor.com/a ··· top-box/