spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tarq476
join:2013-07-11

tarq476

[Internet] Echo experiences and pricing

Hello,

I've been thinking of upgrading to Echo for my internet and just wanted to know how real-world experiences have been with it. I am in CFL, but I'm not sure if there are differences in other areas. Here are my questions if you experience. Thanks in advance for any insights.

1. Has the service been a good upgrade? Is the signal really stronger throughout your house and does it work seemlessly?

2. Is every access point broadcasting the same wireless network? In other words, your phone does not need to change wireless networks as you move around the house, does it?

3. How will my charges increase assuming I currently have Lightning 90? My modem is currently leased for $4. I'm assuming this will increase, but is there another fee on top of that? Are additional access points included at no charge with 90? How much was installation? Is there anything else to consider?

4. Do wired ethernet access points get the same high speeds as the main modem?

Thanks again!

telijah
Premium Member
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL

telijah

Premium Member

#1 should be yes as that is supposed to be the point, and I think some in other threads have stated it has been better. #2 should be yes. #4 Should technically be yes.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to tarq476

Premium Member

to tarq476
said by tarq476:

3. How will my charges increase assuming I currently have Lightning 90? My modem is currently leased for $4. I'm assuming this will increase, but is there another fee on top of that? Are additional access points included at no charge with 90? How much was installation? Is there anything else to consider?

If you subscribe to 90/150 now there is no monthly charge for the Echo modem and core service. You would pay a trip charge and then install charges for the APs and then just a small monthly on the APs.

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by tarq476:

If you subscribe to 90/150 now there is no monthly charge for the Echo modem and core service.

This is not the case, or something isn't right in Birmingham. I ordered Lightning 90/150 and specifically said no when asked if I wanted wifi service when ordering. Guy showed up with an Arris Wireless/MoCA gateway anyway, my work order said "Echo" on it. Didn't say anything since a couple days later I activated my personally owned SB6183 and returned the BHN modem/gateway, but my bill says that I had a $6 Echo fee (of course refunded since I returned the modem) but unless there was going to be a credit at the end of the month, I would've been charged for it.

justinj2
join:2014-08-01
Apopka, FL

justinj2 to tarq476

to tarq476
I've had Echo since the day it released so figured I answer!

1. The Echo modem which I've had before it ever was renamed Echo is great no issues with it at all. It does provide great Wirelesss coverage!

2. Yes all AP have the same Wireless Name.

3. The charge should stay the same as long as you have Internet with 90/150 as you won't be charged the Echo fee. The install charge is $40 and it's $3/MO for the AP which performs great!

4. Yes the AP we'll get the same speed as the Echo Modem puts out it's awesome!

Echo is an awsome product Bright House has put out and I have no regrets getting the service.