spc
Search similar:

uniqs
METTTAL
join:2013-02-10
Folcroft, PA

METTTAL

Tivo T6 minimum TV requirement

I just called to inquire about upgrading my service (currently 2 Tivo Premiere boxes and an HD converter box). I asked about the T6 because, well, it's the latest and greatest. I was told that in order to get the T6, you need to setup minimum of 5 TVs (I would imagine 1 main box and 4 Tivo Mini boxes).

That seems really odd to me that RCN would limit the number of people who can get this to anyone who has at least 5 TVs to setup. The website doesn't mention anything like that at all and says the T6 bundle is the T6 and one Tivo Mini.

Anyone have any other information on this?
hydrox
Premium Member
join:2010-10-30
Lexington, MA

hydrox

Premium Member

When RCN installed my T6, it was either with one or two Minis [I forget now - but, at only $5 for each additional Mini. I now have 3 Minis (and a few iPhones/iPads to keep my T6 busy)]. You should be fine with the T6 bundle as listed on the RCN website.

The T6 is really the greatest. I am sure you will be happy with it.
METTTAL
Folcroft, PA

METTTAL

I'll have to call back and ask again. There's no reason that they should limit people getting the T6 to have 5 TVs setup.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

rcnman to METTTAL

Premium Member

to METTTAL
This makes no sense, and I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.. If you PM your info I'll have someone call you and walk you thru the upgrade.

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

Pacomartin to METTTAL

to METTTAL
said by METTTAL:

That seems really odd to me..

It seems very odd. I think you can actually add up to 8 or 9 minis, but you can't watch live TV all at once. You can only watch live TV on (6 minus number of shows recording) minis.
METTTAL
Folcroft, PA

METTTAL to rcnman

to rcnman
@rcnman - Thanks. I'll call them again when I get some free time and if it doesn't work out, I'll shoot you over my info.