Search similar:

uniqs

bcool
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25

bcool

Premium Member

[Firefox] Yahoo mail "draft saving feature" feezes Firefox

This only started for me a week ago. I work on a draft in Yahoo mail a lot of mornings using for the longest time Firefox 24.x or the latest Palemoon. No problems at all! Suddenly now Yahoo mail is freezing all browsers including latest Windows 7 I.E., but ONLY when Yahoo Mail is executing "Saving" in a draft. Of course I performed all best practices troubleshooting INCLUDING updating Firefox to version 33.1.1. No joy. Ran Firefox in safe-mode, problem persists. This is more than an annoyance, it's a deal breaker for me and Yahoo Mail. It must have something to do with scripting I guess as I have received the occasional notice that a script is busy to stopped functioning. Running Firefox in safe-mode does not solve problem! Latest Adobe Flash installed. Any ideas besides running me on the routine hamster wheel of so-called fixes. Tried most of them anyway. Thanks.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube

> now Yahoo mail is freezing all browsers

Then not specific to FF.
So look for something more global, like an A/V buggering things up.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to bcool

Premium Member

to bcool
said by bcool:

This only started for me a week ago....

....It must have something to do with scripting I guess, as I have received the occasional notice that a script is busy to stopped functioning....

While composing a message, FireFox has given me that same popup exactly every MINUTE, during the past few days, and I agree that is relates to Yahoo saving drafts - My Status bar even mentions saving.

It doesn't really FREEZE, but instead makes an extended non-responsive period, taking up to 30 seconds of each minute that you are trying to compose a message.

I looked but cannot find a setting to make Yahoo either save my drafts less often, not save at all, or save only when I ask.

They used to have such settings in earlier versions of this service, IIRC.

Yahoo Mail's Basic mode does not seem to have this issue, but it has a bunch of other inadequacies.
Davesnothere

Davesnothere

Premium Member

BTW, I am using FF 24.8.1 ESR (the older UI), and so this anomaly is not unique to Australis UI versions.

Just Yahoo fiddling with their software and not telling us - AGAIN !

bcool
Premium Member

bcool to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
Thank you for confirming this. Freeze is the word I chose to describe EXACTLY what you just described. Whatever is the best word for it, it has been doing this now noticeably for a week. As I explained I have tried pretty much everything including disabling Avast A/V and Malwarebytes premium --- no joy. Now I can try to be patient until Yahoo cuts it out with the tinkering. Thanks!

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Yeah, Queen Marissa's minions are at it again....

I remember what they did to us during 2013 October.

Whole new half-baked WebMail UI, with ZERO ADVANCE WARNING !

NASTY trick, and they didn't even hold it until Halloween !
Expand your moderator at work
Fickey
Terrorists target your backbone
join:2004-05-31

Fickey to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere

Re: [Firefox] Yahoo mail "draft saving feature" feezes Firefox

Unless I'm missing something, the minions have also recently taken away Finance's no-scripting-needed Basic Charts. That really ticks me off.
»finance.yahoo.com/echart ··· ic+Chart

bcool
Premium Member

bcool

Premium Member

Well ---- since I do daily composing in Yahoo Mail, it looks like I'll be forced to change services because these intermittent freezing hits every time Yahoo auto saves the draft are becoming unbearable. What is annoying is that this problem showed up for me only 10 days ago. What is up with that!!! Thanks all.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

It's still happening to me, but possibly not as severely.

And still no way to adjust functionality of draft saving.

They DO have a feedback forum at Uservoice.com »yahoo.uservoice.com/, where you might check and/or post, but I have not been there since the massive complaining tapered off regarding their surprise half-baked new WebMail UI of 2013 October.

bcool
Premium Member

bcool

Premium Member

Thank you for that. For the time being I'm working on another email service which will do...but not my top preference. But working there is smooooth as butter.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

I might be able to offer some input on alternate WebMail choices, as I checked out many of them starting 2013 Summer when I began to get grumpy at Yahoo over changing the web UI of their service and forcing the new one on us.

Which other providers have you considered so far, and also would you be needing to transfer existing Yahoo mailboxes to there, or just start fresh ?