All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jackmack56
join:2014-12-03

jackmack56

Slow Bell internet in Mississauga

I have a really slow Bell Business Internet (5mbps download, and 800kbps upload) connection.

I have been asking Bell Canada if I can get a faster plan, but they say that this is the fastest plan available in my area. I have a business in the Mississauga beside some giant international companies.

TekSavvy also say that they cannot provide me with faster internet service than Bell, since they will be using Bell lines.

I currently have two internet service providers, Bell and Rogers. Rogers is able to provide fast internet service, however there service is unstable and suffer from frequent prolonged outages. The bell internet service is stable but incredibly slow.

For the last six years Bell Canada has been saying: "We are in the process of upgrading to fiber internet, and upgrading our infrastructure." They have been saying this for the last 6 years. Bell is however not able to tell me if or when the infrastructure in my area will be upgraded. They are just giving a canned response.

I have tried to get speak to someone higher up at Bell Canada, however it is impossible to talk with someone that knows what is going on. I would like at lease 10mbps upload from Bell Canada.

Any ideas as to what I should do, or who I should contact? It not like I am in a small rural community. I have a business in Mississauga, a city that prides itself for being business friendly, besides giant international companies.

How is it that Bell Canada cannot offer me internet faster than their slowest service available?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Bell have told me for the last 14 years that DSL is just around the corner where I live! Not any fast plans ... just plain old ADSL ... 3Mbps max type plans.

In general, in Ontario, unless you live in an area that's fast developing, or an area that can afford to pay, they aren't going to be in any hurry.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to jackmack56

to jackmack56
You can always ask for a dedicated fibre connection if it is for a business. All build out costs would be on your shoulders, from the CO right to the building and could be tens of thousands of dollars, but you could get what ever symmetrical speed you wanted with that. 10/10 or 20/20 is a common dedicated plan