All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio

Bell announces CraveTV launch. Opens December 11th

Looks like their Shomi competitor is arriving (the TV variation). Launching on Bell, Telus, Bell Aliant, and Eastlink.

You subscribe through your TV provider. Only $4 a month.

This is a no-brainer for me, since I've been looking to buy Seinfeld on iTunes to no avail, so this rocks!

More info: »cravetv.ca

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

2 edits

humanfilth

Is Bell delusional with the 90% comment? I've known many people who may subscribe to various TV packages, but only watch a couple of shows out of it all.

»www.moneysense.ca/spend/ ··· ext-week

Bell Media president Kevin Crull said the company isn’t contractually blocked from offering CraveTV to so-called cord cutters or cord nevers, who don’t pay for a TV subscription.

He didn’t rule out offering the streaming service to those consumers down the road but said Bell wanted to focus on the 90 per cent of Canadians who do have TV subscriptions.

“The 10 per cent that aren’t TV subscribers, in a general sense, they’re not TV lovers,” Crull said in an interview.

Your Grandparents TV subscription model is dead! Long live Streaming that is not tied to an overpriced CableTV subscription with 500 channels you don't need

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

said by humanfilth:

Is Bell delusional with the 90% comment? I've known many people who may subscribe to various TV packages, but only watch a couple of shows out of it all.

»www.moneysense.ca/spend/ ··· ext-week

Bell Media president Kevin Crull said the company isn’t contractually blocked from offering CraveTV to so-called cord cutters or cord nevers, who don’t pay for a TV subscription.

He didn’t rule out offering the streaming service to those consumers down the road but said Bell wanted to focus on the 90 per cent of Canadians who do have TV subscriptions.

“The 10 per cent that aren’t TV subscribers, in a general sense, they’re not TV lovers,” Crull said in an interview.

Your Grandparents TV subscription model is dead! Long live Streaming that is not tied to an overpriced CableTV subscription with 500 channels you don't need

Bell is living in a fantasy world. IPTV subs have been on the rise but OVERALL TV subs have been falling like a stone, month over month, for a few years now.

Over the top TV is the future. Everyone knows that but the TV providers.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to humanfilth

to humanfilth
said by humanfilth:

Is Bell delusional with the 90% comment?

The number itself? 90% isn't too far off, though it's likely more around 85%. Tough to get exactly since you have to compare 2014 subs to 2011 household counts.

The part about the people without TV subs not being TV lovers is delusional, though.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to Anzio

to Anzio
said by Anzio:

Only $4 a month.

You forgot to mention: "On top of the existing TV package" ...which makes a totally different story!
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio

said by MFido:

You forgot to mention: "On top of the existing TV package" ...which makes a totally different story!

Not really, although that's implied when I stated it's through your TV provider.

rewket
Premium Member
join:2003-08-21
Longueuil, QC

rewket to Anzio

Premium Member

to Anzio
seems like they forgot theres a lot of french people in canada

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

1-5 Conditions de l'offre

"Pour les clients de Télé Satellite, CraveTV et Club Junior sont seulement accessibles grâce à l’application Bell Télé" ... Même pas online????
poker85
join:2011-10-05
Laval

poker85

Moi j'ai ça :
To watch video, you must be subscribed to CRAVETV with your television service provider.

If you already subscribe to this channel and are still experiencing difficulties, please contact your service provider.

je ne sais pas s'il y va avoir beaucoup de trucs en français !
Dunlop
join:2011-07-13

Dunlop to rewket

to rewket
said by rewket:

seems like they forgot theres a lot of french people in canada

I'm wondering if that is because Videotron holds the rights to a lot of that content with their streaming service

Instead of Videotron/Bell/Rogers/Shaw/Telus combining resources to combat Netflix we get this fractured content ; (
Expand your moderator at work

judgedredd
@206.47.249.x

judgedredd to Dunlop

Anon

to Dunlop

Re: Bell announces CraveTV launch. Opens December 11th

i got to try crave tv yesterday, its great value to bell tv existing customers. but someone who has no cable, its not really ment for you, as u have to sign up to a tv or internet provider to get it, wait a second, u dont NEED a tv subscription, i think you can just have a bcell phone with bellc and it would work two.
Dunlop

Dunlop to Anzio

to Anzio
Pretty sure you have to have a cable subscription, the internet provider does not matter

judgedredd
@206.47.249.x

judgedredd

Anon

why is this available to bell mobility only customers then? it says so right on the bell mobility home page?
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

I don't see it anywhere on the Bell Mobility page - home or otherwise.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

"CraveTV is currently available to Bell, Telus, Bell Aliant & Eastlink TV customers. Subscribe now to start watching.

Check back here to see when more TV service providers make CraveTV available. "

Everything I see suggests you have to have a TV service provided by one of the above. That said you can WATCH CraveTV on a mobile device ... but still you need the TV service in place.

There may have been a banner ad in slot 3 on the mobility main page that advertised CraveTV ... but it's removed right now and is blank!
Dunlop

Dunlop to Anzio

to Anzio
I watched a episode of Anger Management last night (lol I had no idea what the show was) and I checked the website today and it is not saved in my history

So it seems if you use the STB it will not be reflected on the web/android/ios interface which kind of suck as I was hoping it was a way to keep track when navigating the crappy VoD interface of the STB