spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Razzy12345
@67.240.3.x

Razzy12345

Anon

Wheee

Windows 8 market share going up fast and XP going down fast! Finally. =)

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar

Premium Member

Where did you read this? I would like to see it.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by rfhar:

Where did you read this? I would like to see it.

»arstechnica.com/informat ··· ovember/

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to Razzy12345

Premium Member

to Razzy12345
All the information I've seen reflects more what dib's link showed too! Windows 8 market share is going up slightly but certainly not skyrocketing. It's probably reached its peak before Windows 10 comes next spring and then it will die completely.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

1 recommendation

dib22

said by Msradell:

Windows 8 market share is going up slightly but certainly not skyrocketing.

Agreed, the real winner appears to be windows 7

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to Razzy12345

Premium Member

to Razzy12345
And why should anyone care?
HarryH3
Premium Member
join:2005-02-21

1 recommendation

HarryH3 to Msradell

Premium Member

to Msradell
What would really be interesting is to see how many retail copies of Win 8 have been sold. I'd wager that the majority of the "increase" is that as people replace older systems they have no choice. The new system comes with Win 8.x and VERY few non-tech types would bother to change it after purchase.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

maartena

Premium Member

said by HarryH3:

What would really be interesting is to see how many retail copies of Win 8 have been sold. I'd wager that the majority of the "increase" is that as people replace older systems they have no choice. The new system comes with Win 8.x and VERY few non-tech types would bother to change it after purchase.

Exactly. This will continue to change as people will get laptops and whatnot for Christmas. And you will also see that when Windows 10 comes out, no one will rush to the store to buy a retail box, it will just come gradually as people buy new computers again, etc, etc.

Businesses will skip Windows 8, most businesses will have deployed Windows 7 businesswide by now, and they will wait for Windows 10 before they will deploy a new OS to the work floor, especially since both 8 and 10 change Windows somewhat.