uniqs
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to hortnut

Premium Member

to hortnut

Re: Seat belt broke (stopped retracting)

Working for a multi million, billion dollar company being a insurance company or any other company like that and really caring if a customer lawyers up. Well if you really do care you would be in the far minority.

Where does the insurance company even have a legal liability here. They paid to have his car repaired by a shop of his choice. He signed off on repair months ago. Liability ends there

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

1 edit

hortnut

said by rody_44:

Working for a multi million, billion dollar company being a insurance company or any other company like that and really caring if a customer lawyers up. Well if you really do care you would be in the far minority.

Where does the insurance company even have a legal liability here. They paid to have his car repaired by a shop of his choice. He signed off on repair months ago. Liability ends there

Huh? Did you mean to reply to someone else.

Edit: Just re-reading this, there were times I was glad that people lawyered up. They had become a pain in the butt with all of their bitching and complaining that the rental car was dirty, this hurt, that hurt, their constant phone calls and messages.
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

1 recommendation

Dodge to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
Ok, I had an accident in 1999 it was probably 10 cars ago, but the car was totaled, I got hurt badlly, etc... Now I'm having transmission issues with the current car. My reasoning is that after that accident (in 99), my right foot twitches occasionally and I probably put undue stress on the accelerator which causes the transmission to glitch. I think I'll need your lawyer to help me recover some money for this.

On a less sarcastic note, do you really not have anything better to do with your life? "Reflective Apple logo"? Really? If you weren't trolling in the other thread and you seriously believe your statements in this one, IMHO you shouldn't have a license, probably should be supervised at all times as well.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

2 edits

Anonymous_ to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
I was rear-ended I'll win anyways by default in this state

it was a iphone like the photo which are more reflective then the others
Dodge
Premium Member

Dodge

Premium Member

said by Anonymous_:

I was rear-ended I'll win anyways by default in this state

Not if you voice your "brilliant" theories in court.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

Anonymous_

Premium Member

the belt did tension when i was hit if it did not I would have a broken nose (face into wheel)

NS4683
join:2000-08-25
NJ

NS4683

Really? At 5 mph?
fixrman
From a broken heart to a hole in the sky
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Hatboro, PA

2 recommendations

fixrman to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
Are you lonely?
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada
MikroTik RB450G
Cisco DPC3008
Cisco SPA112

TheMG to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
Look up the cost of a replacement seatbelt for your car. If it's an older car that doesn't have a pretensioner it's not going to be that expensive and they are not hard to replace yourself.

Then consider: is it really worth the time and hassle of trying to get insurance to pay for it, months after an accident with no real way to tell for sure if it was due to the accident or just a wear and tear related failure?

You've already wasted lots of time posting about it on a forum. How much is your time worth?

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
Heck Ford replaced one of mine under warranty.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

1 edit

Anonymous_ to TheMG

Premium Member

to TheMG
fairly expensive $400-450* in just parts. for both driver and passenger est about 800-900 with labor since the seats may have to be pulled other wise they may get damaged as they're leather seats.

*estimated price from GM catalog.
Dodge
Premium Member

Dodge

Premium Member

said by Anonymous_:

for both driver and passenger

Did your imaginary friend damaged the passenger one too? I thought you only needed one replaced. And why would you need to pull the seats to replace a seatbelt, what car is this?

NS4683
join:2000-08-25
NJ

NS4683

I wonder if this car is his 38 mpg 2003 Chevy Impala.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope to Anonymous_

Premium Member

to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

fairly expensive $400-450* in just parts. for both driver and passenger est about 800-900 with labor since the seats may have to be pulled other wise they may get damaged as they're leather seats.

Yeah, gonna have to call BS on this one. I've written up a ton of estimates and I think I'd remember a a $1300 seat belt. Seat would not need to be pulled. I suspect the cost is closer to $200.

BTW, $900 in labor is about 20 hours. 20 hours to pull a seat and bolt in a seat belt?

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

1 edit

3 recommendations

mattmag to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_
It is times such as this when I reflect on the wise statements of Abraham Lincoln who was quoted as saying;

"It is better to remain silent and thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt"

How in the world would your nose hit the wheel when you were hit from BEHIND? If you are hit from behind, your head goes BACKWARD which is what the headrest is designed to protect against.

Really..... give it up, you're in over your head.
fixrman
From a broken heart to a hole in the sky
Premium Member
join:2003-02-10
Hatboro, PA

fixrman to tcope

Premium Member

to tcope
Why didn't I ever get the good paying jobs like that? ;-D

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

3 edits

Anonymous_ to tcope

Premium Member

to tcope
said by tcope:

said by Anonymous_:

Yeah, gonna have to call BS on this one. I've written up a ton of estimates and I think I'd remember a a $1300 seat belt. Seat would not need to be pulled. I suspect the cost is closer to $200.

BTW, $900 in labor is about 20 hours. 20 hours to pull a seat and bolt in a seat belt?

Parts on this car are extremely expensive (even if they are used parts it's fairly close to normal price)

just the rear windshield is $1580 including tax and shipping

add in 150-200 for installation costs and rubber molding..

the only reason why it's so expensive it because of the built in radio antenna at the time this futuristic option..

please enjoy your ugly antenna poking out of the hood(or fender)

YOU have been OWNED..

----------------------------------------

Body shop Labor is $100-150 a hour

say they charge 2 hour minimum
body shops have 2-3 guys working on it so the cost is $400-600 for two hours worked as 2-3 guys are clocked in for that job

the price can jump quick before you know it

one of the quotes for just the bumper was 1,200

yes the seat might have to be pulled as there is only 1 to 2 inches of space between the plastic panel and seat (that is why I said if the seat is damage they will have to pay for it)
Expand your moderator at work
System

to Anonymous_

Anon

to Anonymous_
This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course