SipSizzurp
Fo' Shizzle
Premium Member
join:2005-12-28
Houston, TX

SipSizzurp

Premium Member

RDP Trick

Ever notice that when you have multiple nested RDP sessions that the control bars at the top of the screen hide behind themselves ? You can click on the top control bar and slide it to one side or the other to reveal the bars below. Found it by accident. Hope it helps somebody.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

Yes. I wish I could move it to the side or bottom though as I keep my taskbar on top.
moes
Premium Member
join:2009-11-15
Cedar City, UT

moes to SipSizzurp

Premium Member

to SipSizzurp
wish there was away of using it so the applications looked native instead of having to have the desktop taking a whole display up. and do not want an application server.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR

NOYB

Premium Member

said by moes:

wish there was away of using it so the applications looked native instead of having to have the desktop taking a whole display up.

I've actually seen that some place before. Where remote applications were displayed on local desktop as though they where local. Thinking maybe it was VirtualBox.
moes
Premium Member
Cedar City, UT

moes

Premium Member

I need to tinker with vb again. hmm if it will do that, will save me time and effort. knowing I think our IT guy will have a cow if I come in with an external going "I'm gona clone this vm" lol.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR

NOYB

Premium Member

Seem to recall it was VB. But rather than a remote session I think it was the host bringing the local VM client apps to the host console. Not sure if it can do that with a remote VM or not.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to SipSizzurp

to SipSizzurp
In VMware that is called unity, when in untiy mode the apps running in the VM's are shown in the Hosts task-bar. So it seem they are running on the Host PC.
moes
Premium Member
Cedar City, UT

1 edit

moes

Premium Member

This works out very very well. now just need to get something like that working for a remote vm, which should be possible once I'm given the port they are hiding things on lol..