spc
Search similar:

uniqs

vincent9993
join:2001-08-14
Montreal, QC

vincent9993

Anyone know a VoIP provider for Telebec in St-André-Avellin

My parents are serviced by Telebec Ltee in St-André-Avellin and the only LNP VoIP provider that I've been able to find was Videotron but they do not have their internet with Videotron and not sure if it makes sense to even consider them.

Thanks.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

That looks like a very difficult area, not really much VoIP availability. The local phone "switch" is served only by Telebec and their mobility division.

You might try to ask some of these folks:

»www.voicemeup.com/covera ··· _code_PQ
»www.acrovoice.ca/content/contact

Remember, your parents can sign up with pretty much anyone and make outbound calls.

The only issue is the inbound number (DID). They might be able to get an inbound number in a nearby larger town.

vincent9993
join:2001-08-14
Montreal, QC

vincent9993

Thanks, I'll reach out the the suggested providers. They really want to reduce their phone bill and keeping their current number is important to them...

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

said by vincent9993:

... keeping their current number is important to them...

That may be difficult to achieve at a cost substantially below their current monthly bill.

However, a new number from Ottawa ON ... only 38mi (61km) and a local call from St-André-Avellin ... can easily be obtained from most of the 'good-guy' VoIP providers. There are several CLECs (companies that supply numbers to VoIP providers) in Ottawa: »www.localcallingguide.co ··· h=156480