spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jim28352
@76.182.177.x

Jim28352

Anon

Sandboxie and Teamviewer

I've been getting these scam calls from India about a computer infection. I see on youtube where people set up Virtual machines and prank them. If I give them remote access through sandboxie, can they install crap and make changes to the pc? I know on a virtual machine you can just delete it, bud how does that work on sandboxie?
Jim28352

Jim28352

Anon

I've successfully run teamviewer in sandboxie and it works.
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

2 recommendations

Nanaki (banned)

My advice don't mess with them. To put it simply if you need to ask if it is safe you do not know enough to protect your self from them.
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

1 recommendation

redwolfe_98 to Jim28352

Premium Member

to Jim28352
i have heard of a couple of cases where people tried to play with those fake tech-support guys and, in the end, they had to reformat their harddrives.. so, my advice is to not play with them unless you plan on reformatting your harddrive, afterwards..

if you decide to play with those fake tech-support guys and then find that your computer is completely trashed, and you have to reformat your harddrive, in order to fix things, let us know..
Nanaki (banned)
aka novaflare. pull punches? Na
join:2002-01-24
Akron, OH

1 recommendation

Nanaki (banned)

Well im more worried about how much information some isps leak via their ip blocks and the host names they give. A example was twc and the one i had for a while im little worried about it now as i live no where near it so heres what i looked like

ip-ip-ip-ip.akroh.hamtwn-jhnsn-p10.neo.rr.com

hamtwn = hametown jhnsn = johnson neo north east ohio

hametown and johnson was the street corner for the stump box p10 refered to port 10 on the hub.I was able to physically trace the wire from port 10 in their hub modem or what ever the hell it was with the coax hooked to it to my street. I was not able to get in to the box on the pole at the end of my road but i suspect i would have been able to figure out what cable was mine by some means or another. Maybe as simply as hooking up a laptop as i seen techs for twc do before. To put it simply some hacker could have at the very least tracked me down to my street that was not all that long. Also the fact that only maybe 15 of 35 or 40 houses had cable back then it would not take much trial and error for some psychopath to find and kill me.

now im not one who is typically worried about my ip showing up online i could not care any less. But that mess above yeh lets just say i called twc up and said wtf are you thinking are you retarded or just stupid? I then demanded they scrub that information from their host masks. Needless to say i was not a happy camper lol. What was really bad was i pissed off more than my fair share of less than kosher types back then.

So yeh if your gona play games with these scammers do lots of research on them and know what sorts of potentially useful information your leaking from your computer even with regards to your isps host mask format.

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

1 recommendation

StuartMW to Jim28352

Premium Member

to Jim28352
Other comments of interest.

»Phone scam

Jim28352
@76.182.177.x

Jim28352 to Jim28352