All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
brymouse
join:2014-12-04

brymouse

Business Service outage and BHN refuses to fix circuit

I've had a 20/2 Virtual Office Ultimate static IP circuit at my home since 2009. This is the first outage.

So on Monday December 1 at 1:35PM my 20/2 circuit went down due to unrelated maintenance in the neighborhood. Some other residential customer installer disconnect my drop while doing work with out notice of potentially service impacting work. (surprise surprise!)

BHN had a tech out at 12pm the next day and he was able to reconnect my drop, but the modem was not receiving the proper provisioning as they claimed to have no record of the static IP in their system. The tech spent about 2 hours on hold and tracking down people in sales to fix the account.

He was able to get it going once I showed him my original contract paperwork and router config of what the /30 subnet should be.

He took off around 3pm and I got back to work. I noticed shortly there after the circuit was only giving me 1mbit/s up not two and further testing showed it was only 11 mbit/s down, obviously something is screw up in the modem provisioning.

I call back into tech support and am told they do not offer a 20/2 package, and yet again have to prove that yes they do. This takes about 2 hours and I've been transferred to sales to fix it since its a provisioning issue. Sales says they no longer offer that package and I should be audited since this circuit is so old. I keep saying it's not my problem, and this is a remarkably simple fix as they broke my circuit, not me.

Eventually they drop my call and I have to call tech support back again. A different person says they cannot fix this as they have a new billing system and no longer have a 20/2 package (again not my problem, they broke the damn circuit). Finally they say the only way they are willing to fix this is if I'm going to sign another contract and "upgrade" to a 25/2 circuit.

I fathom this level of incompetence. I'm beginning to think they have purposely done this in order to up-sell me on a new contract. The best was the women in tech support telling me the internet is a very different thing that it was in 2009 when the circuit was installed, so my current modem will not work. She goes on to explain that facebook would not work over an old modem (it's not like BHN is able to supply IPv6 or anything new!). It literally made my head hurt.

The last straw in this is they have to swap the router now for some reason. I asked why they can't just push the proper config file to my modem. It's obviously working at 20/2 getting a DHCP assigned address on the WAN port and then using the config'd /30 on the LAN port. Hell even RIP is working. It's a simple change to restore this circuit.

I'm now in my 4th day of outage on this circuit, and being forced to sign a contract to fix it. It's frankly ridiculous.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Please repost this here »/fo ··· sedirect and include your modem CM MAC so I can pull account data.

Correcttion after re-reading your post: The specific speed you are referring to is no longer available and once it's dropped it's gone and there is no way to get it back I'm sorry. The reason your modem needs to be replaced is the next tier up is a docsis 3 product and by the sound of it you have a docsis 2 modem.

I will get to the bottom of it however and get it worked out.