All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bellyman
join:2004-11-01
Richmond Hill, ON

bellyman

[TV] Time shifting Included w/Best Bundle (TV+Internet+Phone?)

After clocking a few hours on chatting sales (beyond useless with inconsistent answers), sales (mostly consistent), and visiting a buddy of mine with a full Fibe setup, I am pretty close to selling my soul and going all in with Bell's Fibe TV - "BEST" TV+Internet+Home Phone bundle with a 2yr term. The cost is $240/mth (includes PVR but terminals are extra).

There is one conflict that is not resolved. Here is how the bundle shows the TV component:
Over 320 channels including major networks + specialty channels, plus Sports, Learning and News, Movies and More and Variety packs. + The Movie Network and HBO Canada.
Notice how there is zero mention of Time Shifting?

- When I spoke to a chap on Thursday, he said he learned that day, that Time Shifting is NOT included in this BEST bundle, and that it would be $5 more.

- When I spoke with a rep on Friday, who worked with me closer to get the final numbers (no promo was available), he stated Time-Shifting was included. He stated that the BEST Fibe TV programming includes it, and the Bundle is merely re-using the same programming. Here is the wording for the Fibe TV BEST programming:
* All channels included in the Good, Select and Better packages
* Time Shifting, Sports, Learning & News, Movies & More and Variety packs
* HD channels
- When I d/l the PDF of the complete channel listing (»channel.bell.ca/en/search/) it states
CURRENT AS OF NOVEMBER 16, 2014.

BEST
INCLUDES ALL OF THE CHANNELS FOUND IN THE GOOD AND BETTER PACKAGES PLUS THE TIME-SHIFTING, SPORTS, LEARNING AND NEWS, VARIETY AND MOVIES AND MORE ADD-ONS. THESE ADD-ONS CAN ALSO BE SUBSCRIBED TO INDIVIDUALLY FOR THE MONTHLY PRICE LISTED.
Note that no where in the PDF is there any disclaimer about Time Shifting not offered in multi-product bundles.

My problem is - why do the bundle packages NOT mention Time Shifting, but mention everything else? That presentation aligns with the first sales rep. I hear the point of the second rep, but I also think it is POSSIBLE that Bell has chosen to offer the multi-product BEST bundles without Time Shifting. All three - this, TV+NET; TV+NET+MOBILE, seem to leave out Time Shifting. IMO not trivial. I have had Time Shifting included in my Rogers VIP since I added the PVR about a decade ago - especially at this price point. Having to pay $5/mth seems like a huge nickle and dime move.

At any rate - can anyone please confirm if the BEST BUNDLES do include Time Shifting and there is no additional fee?

Thanks,
belly

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Based on the channel list downloaded from here »channel.bell.ca/pdf/chan ··· 20140924 which is current as of Nov 16, the best package includes the following theme packs;
-TIME-SHIFTING
-LEARNING AND NEWS
-MOVIES & MORE
-SPORTS
-VARIETY

----

From the installs that I've done where people have ordered the Best package it has always included time shifting.