uniqs
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

[Firefox] Firefox survey is it legit?

I was looking at Mozilla Notes for Fx 34.0.5 regarding Firefox Hello when I got a sort of plain, almost crude looking popup from "survey.gizmo.com" saying I was chosen to give feedback about Fx. Is this legit? I wouldn't question a Microsoft popup on Microsoft pages wanting me to do a feedback survey (I get those frequently at Microsoft) but a third party wanting me to give feedback about Fx??? I don't ever recall Mozilla doing this.

Hmm...I see I have Proxo bypassed temporarily (it was for a thread at Microsoft Answers). I bet this gizmo feedback is some scam and Proxo would have blocked it if I hadn't forgotten to remove the bypass when I left MS forums..
redwolfe_98
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11

redwolfe_98

Premium Member

do a google-search for "survey.gizmo.com".. they look to be legit..

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

OTOH, surveyors would not [pester us to] take surveys if they were not being paid to do so.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to redwolfe_98

Premium Member

to redwolfe_98
Google search (note NOT Yahoo search) found this (among other results):

»support.mozilla.org/en-U ··· s/960683

Someone about a year and one-half ago with the same question I had. Someone replied in the thread last October and said they got that popup, said yes, and two days later got an email from Gizmo asking them to fill out a survey for Fx support website. They said the email landed in their spam folder where they thought it belonged as how could they tell if it was legit?

I know Mozilla doesn't have money like MS but still I would think they could devise a way to have surveys that the user felt comfortable doing. I've been a Microsoft Feedback Panelist for many years and those are conducted very professionally. Then there are the surveys that MS does while you are on their website but those are usually a mess if you are using Gecko browsers. Conversely, Mozilla should have no problem doing surveys (that are not suspicious or require trust in the links in an email from a strange place) from their web pages in a similar manner to what MS does. The user would be on a Gecko browser so the survey would be written for these browsers which falter on MS site on their surveys.