spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Jake15
join:2014-12-06
College Station, TX

1 edit

Jake15

[Connectivity] Arris TM822 modem resets every 2 1/2 hours??

Hi There,

This is my first post and it seems like I've come to the right place from all I have been reading

I've been having connectivity issues for the past 3-4 weeks and my modem (Arris TM822 model) seems to reset itself about every 2 1/2 hours. I've looked and looked online for what the cause might be, but haven't been able to pin point it.

I'm very computer savvy, but not when it comes to IT and internet issues. Sorry about that. When the modem restarts all works very well and my internet speeds are all fine from what I saw when using speedtest.net. I am subscribed to the Suddenlink 30mbps service and my upload/download is; 2.2 / 32.4

Here are a few screens of the touchtone status.

»tinypic.com/r/zujj9l/8

»tinypic.com/r/hwjxaw/8

If you require anything else, just let me know. Thanks for any and all help

Gaff
Just like the gypsy woman said
join:1999-09-05
North TX, US

Gaff

That's not unlike the issue I'm having: »[Connectivity] Modem cannot renew DHCP lease
TurboNerd
join:2013-02-22
Clovis, NM

TurboNerd to Jake15

to Jake15
Seen it. Before. Without further info cannot give any opinion. But you have come to the right place for good suddenlink representative help although it appears since the viacom hoopla they haven't been seen on here much.

I can only say I have seen your situation. On 4 different locations.
1 was a bum Motorola.
1 was an improperly installed (input placed on an out) old Old OLD (0-600Mhz) splitter. gave no issues on the 3 TVs analog channels but no bueno on the SD Digital (artifacted/blocked/pixelated/frozed horrably) as well as caused issues with the cable modem. It would throw out a Single T(6 I think) and then T3/T4 only saw the single once not being there to see it actually happen but one time.
2. We're arris one was a D2/mta and the other was your 822G both were temporary issues I attributed to upgrades. Only lasted a day after an upgrade injection message. They had a 3600 second DHCP renew and the cmts mac changed on the D2. And it went from 4 to 8 channels on the 822G.

check out the DHCP part of the advanced portion just make sure you use the appropriate POTD if you receivedthe TOD or not.
Jake15
join:2014-12-06
College Station, TX

Jake15

Thanks for your reply! What kinds of info do you need from me to maybe give me a better idea of what's causing the problem?
TurboNerd
join:2013-02-22
Clovis, NM

TurboNerd

A couple screen shots of of your logs before it goes into the t3/t4 loop.

Watching the CM state to see where it gets stuck.

And after you get I to the advanced tab/portion
Check out the dhcp parameters esp the times on the lease down to renew.
Once you get into it you will probably look around and check things out.

CM DHCP PARAMETERSCM IP Addr10.253.240.78DHCP - CM IP Time RemainingCM Subnet Mask255.255.240.0Lease:259200 sec (213650 sec remaining)CM IP Gateway10.253.240.1Rebind:226800 sec (181250 sec remaining)CM TFTP Server172.31.251.55Renew:137268 sec (91718 sec remaining)CM Time Server172.31.251.56MDD IP Override:0 (Disabled)CM Time Offset-18600MDD IP Mode:0 (IPv4)CM Boot file^1/40861F96/VSE=VSE/TYPE=RES/COS=142/IP=2/VSE=VSECM Dhcp State :bound
TurboNerd

TurboNerd to Jake15

to Jake15
Beyond that is it consistently exactly 2.5 days like it's timed. Or approximately around that.

Does it go down during windy or when ice build up appears.
Past that have you got a tech to come out.

If you can't watch it. Script an output of a timestamped ping to text file. When you do get it online. Start it and find out exactly when it dies. To see if it's a regular timed thing or random.

I diagnosed issues with telephony because when the wind picked up it goes down. And it was a bum drop. But the script told me Internet wasn't affected but the script of the cm status as well as advanced screens told me when phone went down.

But it was pulling teeth to get the techs to even listen or care. Didn't tell them what to do at first. But it got to the point where I told them to check the drop nothing else. Before guy even went to beat on it with a stick he saw ingress/egress whatever on a perfect and calm day. That countless techs couldn't see with their "tests".

But always give them a chance but if there comes a point when you see they are poking and blaming things not truly knowing the issue stop giving them chances and tell them to do.