spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jcarerra
join:2007-06-13
Satellite Beach, FL

jcarerra

How turn off radio in ubee modem?

How do you turn off the radio in a ubee modem?

I have been able to access the configuration pages at address 192.168.100.1, but I cannot see a setting identified with a field title that clearly is the radio-off command.
bighorn1
Premium Member
join:2004-06-19
California

bighorn1

Premium Member

There are certain things you can't do yourself on Ubee modems, like bridging, turning radio on/off, etc...

Post in direct support forum with your modem MAC and BHNtechXpert will sort you out.
Wally173
join:2013-05-08
Lithia, FL

Wally173

I always wondered why you can't do it yourself on the Ubees. Is this just how they are designed by Ubee? Any particular reason?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to jcarerra

Premium Member

to jcarerra
Your radios are already turned off as is your wifi...
jcarerra
join:2007-06-13
Satellite Beach, FL

jcarerra

Thanks Gary. I thought in the direct thread I was supposed to be going into device management interface to do it. I didn't think radio was on as I see no signal on my phone's wifi analyzer app.

But you had posted that list of channel interference it was detecting, so I was confused.

It is off. End of that story.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to jcarerra

Premium Member

to jcarerra
No worries....
Wally173
Lithia, FL

Wally173

Gary, is it possible to explain why Ubee has to be configured by the service provider? Does it have to do with how the firmware/activation is pushed to it? I really am curious. Nothing against you or Bright House, You always bridged it quickly. Just wondering. I was able to bridge a neighbor's Arris/Motorola one myself, never Ubees however. You know, "knowledge is power". Just wondering
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Sure... the Motorola black box 6580, Ubee 3201, 3611 and Arris 852,862, 1670/72 models were never intended to be sold retail in the first place. They are provider only modems and designed to work with our billing and entitlement systems accordingly.
Wally173
Lithia, FL

Wally173

I understand that, however the Motorola 6580 is bridgable by the user unlike the Ubees. I know this because I did my neighbors and the info for how to do it can be found by google. Why is the Ubee "locked" to the end user unlike the Motorola? I am not trying to bash you or Bright House, just curious why the Ubee does not let us do it ourselves. I did google the Ubee and found a "master login" to be able to configure it; however it did not work on either of the Ubees I have used...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to jcarerra

Premium Member

to jcarerra
This was decision made long ago (Ubee) at the request of provider customers meaning ISP's. The reasoning behind it however I cannot say, was not in those discussions at the time. If I had to guess as to the reasoning why it probably related to the extra support involved when people don't do it right or put substandard routers into the network environment thus impacting the providers service when in fact it has nothing to do with the providers service at all...it's that cheap POS router that the customer connected not knowing any better. It has been changed in later models and firmware.
Wally173
Lithia, FL

Wally173

ahh ok. makes sense. thanks for the explanation!