Search similar:

uniqs
Ekie95
join:2002-04-08
Cloquet, MN

Ekie95

[MN] Two modems on phone service!

Hi
I just got Mediacom phone service yesterday. I order my own modem a arris tm822g docs 3. My old modem is motorola sb6121 docs 3 as well. When the tech came to hook the phone modem he left my motorola modem for internet access and just hooked up the arris modem for phone service. He used a splitter to hook both modem together. My services are working fine. Do you think I should just use the arris modem for phone and internet or is better How the tech has it install. I download a lot and don't want to have interference on the phone if i am downloading. Thanks for the help.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Unless you are experiencing service issues you can leave it the way it is. You do run the possibility of the splitter needing to be replaced if it goes bad, other than that you should be okay.
Ekie95
Cloquet, MN

Ekie95

If I just hooked up the arris modem. Would i still able to download and game alot without the phone service beaning affected? Thanks

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You should not have any issues with the phone service caused by gaming or downloading.
Ekie95
Cloquet, MN

Ekie95

Mediacomchad I hooked up the arris telephony modem now by itself now. If i PM my account number and info can you check my signal levels for me please? Thanks

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I'm glad I was able to assist you via IM. Be sure to contact me again if you have any more issues or questions.