All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dsregor
join:2014-12-07

dsregor

[CustSvc] Extra fees and taxes?

I'm currently a Comcast Customer with basic cable and internet blast plus service paying about $90 per month. I'm considering upgrading to get more channels and HD service however; I am concerned that the extra fees and taxes will substantially increase the cost from the current $99 promo cost. I asked Comcast online and they didn't really give me any answer. If anyone is a current customer can give me an idea of what these charges will likely be, it would be appreciated. I have 2 HD TVs that are used daily and a 3rd that is only occasionally used.

Jim721
join:2014-07-31
Belleville, MI

Jim721

All markets can vary with prices. I am on a 1 year promo with Digital starter tv includes HBO and stream plex with blast internet for 89.99 a month. BUT... it only includes 1 HD set top box i have to pay 9.99 for another box plus 9.99 HD tech fee and 1.50 for tv broadcast fee plus taxes about another 5.00 a month. I own my modem so no rental fee there. My total bill is 115.00 a month. When my promo ends if they dont give me another deal i will dump tv and just keep internet. I wont pay more then 120.00 a month thats my max.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to dsregor

Premium Member

to dsregor
The majority of the taxes/fees are government-mandated - local, state and federal and those local/state ones will vary.

Comcast *should* be able to tell you any fees associated with HD service, and they should include that wonderful "broadcast" fee. I always mentally tack on around $8 for the fees to be on the safe side. (Lol, my local franchise authority fee is $0.01.)
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to dsregor

Premium Member

to dsregor
You already have basic tv so most of the fees you already pay. Depending on level of basic you probably dont pay the hd technology fee and of course the additional equipment charges.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to dsregor

MVM

to dsregor
Any taxes that are percentages will increase simply due to the higher price of your package.
cferro
join:2003-07-27
Jersey City, NJ

cferro to dsregor

to dsregor
Comcast just released a new pricing schedule for January 2015. It was included with the last bill. This list will give you current prices for service and equipment in your market. You will get an idea what your charges will be after the promo.
wchillman
join:2011-11-20
Gig Harbor, WA

wchillman to dsregor

to dsregor
We don't pay jack for fees and watch in HD. My review is somewhat amusing and says how...

»Review of Comcast XFINITY by wchillman

Jim721
join:2014-07-31
Belleville, MI

1 recommendation

Jim721

We all already know what you did,you have posted every forum with it for the last year many many times.