Search similar:

uniqs
replaytv1
join:2008-04-12
Miami, FL

2 edits

replaytv1

[Bill] Internet Blast, Price Hike $48 more in two years 2014 and 2015

I was waiting for the famous speed increase note on my bill but nothing so far, instead what I found was another price hike for 2015. Blast will be $100 by 2020
My salary has not been increased in the last 8 years, but internet price is always going up.
Why?

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

1 recommendation

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Re: [Bill] Internet Blast, Price Hike $24 more per year for 2015

Because they can, and they know you can't go anywhere else for internet.
RightHere
Premium Member
join:2003-02-02

3 recommendations

RightHere to replaytv1

Premium Member

to replaytv1

Re: [Bill] Internet Blast, Price Hike $48 in two years 2014 and 2015

Also, you have a crappy employer.

Annon
@98.244.224.x

Annon to replaytv1

Anon

to replaytv1
said by replaytv1:

I was waiting for the famous speed increase note on my bill but nothing so far, instead what I found was another price hike for 2015. Blast will be $100 by 2020
My salary has not been increased in the last 8 years, but internet price is always going up.
Why?

I promise you Blast will be $100 well before 2020 lol. It's already going up again and almost 80 bucks.

The up side is the speed has been going up.

SO if you want to save some cost. When Blast goes from 50 to 105Mbps in your area, downgrade your service to performance. You will be back at 50Mbps.

Only down fall is upload sucks and by the time Performance gets to the price of Blast in a few more years you will run out of "downgrade" options as nothing else will exist lower anything near the speeds :/

IE, fooked.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to replaytv1

MVM

to replaytv1
Back in 2003, my Comcast HSI (just one speed then, now called Performance), was 1.5/0.128 and was $45 (bundled with video). It stayed that price for years while increasing to 8 or 12 down before the price hikes started. Now it's 25/5 (30/6 measured), and $54. Those of you with the qualifying bundles that let you get Blast! speeds get an even better deal.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to replaytv1

Premium Member

to replaytv1
said by replaytv1:

Why?

Well SOMEONE has to pay for those lawsuits and revenue losses for the X1 credits, and we can't have Brian Roberts having last year's limo, can we?

Sarcasm aside, like others have said "because they can". Think how great it will be if the merger goes through. Welcome to the corner of "Rock" and "Hard Place".

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by FureverFurry:

Sarcasm aside, like others have said "because they can". Think how great it will be if the merger goes through. Welcome to the corner of "Rock" and "Hard Place".

While post merger Comcast will indeed have more victims to exploit, I suspect that most TWC customers are already used to supplying their own lube.
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

GTFan to replaytv1

to replaytv1

Re: [Bill] Internet Blast, Price Hike $48 more in two years 2014 and 2015

said by replaytv1:

Why?

Switch to wireless or DSL, it will be much better.

*sarcasm off*

Because they know they've got you by the nuts, one of the main reasons why we need Title II regulation of captured markets. And forget that ridiculous TWC merger, which is all about capturing even more HSI market share.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

3 edits

Anonymous_ to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer

said by NetFixer:

said by FureverFurry:

While post merger Comcast will indeed have more victims to exploit, I suspect that most TWC customers are already used to supplying their own lube.

The price is $134
with

Phone US,Canada and Mexico free upgrade

With 108/10 internet with a few premium channels included I think it was only 10$ more for 300 mbit internet

such as Showtime, Epix and The movie channels

EPix was free for a year as well others at a discounted pricing

price includes DVR and HD box as well as 2 mini boxes

but I do live in a fios area so Competition is hard up TWC butt.

You have to Press them hard to get deals
as the "price" is always negotiable

TWC or any cable co Can't compete with Fiber optic even if they claim they can

It's straight up False Advertisement. since fiber optic has significantly more bandwidth then coaxial will ever have

JJ Johnson
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Fort Collins, CO

JJ Johnson to replaytv1

Premium Member

to replaytv1

Re: [Bill] Internet Blast, Price Hike $48 more in two years 2014 and 2015

The premium I pay for Blast over Performance recently increased from $10 to $12 per month. As soon as the speed is doubled here I'm dropping Blast and will be paying less than I have in almost eight years.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_

said by Anonymous_:

It's straight up False Advertisement. since fiber optic has significantly more bandwidth then coaxial will ever have

Where have you seen a cableco claiming to be equal/in the same league as fiber?

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

1 edit

Anonymous_

Premium Member

Time warner cable

at one point they claimed "fiber fast"

fiber = upto 1 petabit/s

coaxial cable = 5gigabit if the whole 1 GHz spectrum is used

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN

train_wreck

I imagine they get away with saying that due to the fiber in the HFC network. (dont know if TWCs networks are HFC but i imagine they are)

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member

Anonymous_

Premium Member

no they were comparing verizon fios there for the claim is false