Search similar:

uniqs
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Eumaeus

to Eumaeus

Re: WoD DPS Rankings

I have to say what feels really good is being a blood DK right now. lol. 100k+ dps on trash pulls in highmaul and heroics - and 10-20k single target in heroics AND raid bosses (depending on fight of course).

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Has it ever felt bad to be a Blood DK though?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 recommendation

Immer

Premium Member

said by Adalicia:

In wrath, when frost and unholy DK tanking was more fun.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Immer:

said by Adalicia:

In wrath, when frost and unholy DK tanking was more fun.

Frost tanking was awesome.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Yeah, I remember the outcry was strong when Blizzard made the sweeping change to talent trees that forced a spec per role. good times.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to Carpie

to Carpie
Odd, my last post reposted itself. Editing to try to make a useful post out of this one anyway!

DK self-healing seems to be in an awesome place, as usual. I'd love to have a DK tank right about now. We have two warriors atm, which really is probably not the most ideal.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Dat double post.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

The self healing is insane - but I don't regard it as true "healing" - it's a replacement for avoidance / mitigation that just balances differently than other tank classes. It is but it isn't. Still it's funny when I "outheal" a healer in normal HM (it's happened a few times - especially when one tank went down and I tanked both twins until they could get a BR off CD and bring the other tank back up).

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
That was my paladin in MoP, before they nerfed battle healer then again when I single tanked Garrosh or soaked Bloodrage with out stacking. Best numbers were like 150k hps, it was nuts.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
I felt a lot better with frost 2h dps than unholy I saw a considerable increase in dps and damage overall. I am glad I made the swap.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

said by Jobbie:

I am glad I made the swap.

Awesome. That is good news indeed.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Switched to survival, and while I don't have the burst anymore I am pretty consistant.

I have to thank whoever is uploading the logs as well. I see room for improvement with serpent and especially black arrow uptime.

SimC has me simmed at ~22k dps for my gear.
Energystream

Energystream to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Have gotten some decent upgrades the past week. Pushed my sim DPS close to 27k. Looking at logs has helped me tweak my playstyle a bit, as well as, knowing the encounters better.

For what my Ilvl is (661) I am happy with my Damage. I am getting into the top couple of hunder parses for my Ilvl and am running around a 85 percentile range. I'm happy with this since RNG can boost someone up pretty high for a fight.

I am quickly approaching a wall of accessible content, or cost of gear. Many of my BiS at 670 is crafted with strategist (versatility and multi). I've checked my BiS at 670 if I disregard the crafted gear, and it is simming at ~29.5k. An improvement yes, but not substantial compared to the increase I had this past week.

At these point large increases either require Mythic, or 670 crafted.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to Jobbie

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

I felt a lot better with frost 2h dps than unholy I saw a considerable increase in dps and damage overall. I am glad I made the swap.

Are you still doing Frost?

I level from 90-98 as Frost and decided to try Unholy for the last 2 levels. While I like the tools Unholy has, I felt like I was downing things a little faster as Frost. This may be a product of the class "leveling out" more towards 100, thus why Frost felt better in the earlier 90's.

I think part of my problem with Unholy is I am having a hard time getting a good flow to my rotation. I feel like I am missing some things and just mashing whatever comes available on my bar, after the initial sequence. Whereas with Frost I felt like I had a solid rotation.

I am doing 2 handed mainly because I never could find a descent off hand.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Frost has never scaled well, it's always strong early in expansion and tails off.
Roided
join:2012-01-04
Coraopolis, PA

Roided to Carpie

to Carpie
I was trying to do challenge modes with the guild as Arms spec. I knew arms did better aoe than single target but i didnt realize we were that terrible at single target. They were starting to get on my case on some boss fights. Now i dont feel as bad. I guess though im switching to Fury tonight.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain

Titan's Grip or Arms will be your best bet in CMs due to the importance put on trash packs.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Chuck_IV

Premium Member

to Chuck_IV
said by Chuck_IV:

Are you still doing Frost?

I am really liking it a lot better than Unholy. It feels a lot more burst instead of the steady flow of damage from unholy. Got a couple of upgrades over the weekend so I want to try it out this week and see how it goes.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Anyone tracking their progress with warcraft logs or AMR's utility? They give your ratings based on Ilvl and how others have performed now which I find fun to keep an eye on.
Roided
Coraopolis, PA

Roided to Carpie

to Carpie
We are starting norm Highmaul this week and im torn which char to play. I have a fury titans grip war (644ilvl) and enhancement shaman (626ilvl currently). I enjoy them both so cant decide between that. We have no mages or shamans so if i go war, we'll have no bloodlust as of right now. Also, whoever i pick will get caught up in gear quickly so not as worried about who has the highest ilvl right now (though we have 4-5 plate wearers in group to roll against and only 1 other mail wearer). After looking at raiding logs though looks like fury wars are doing really well in Highmaul (and have vigililence to put on someone). Which class do you think would help our group the most? I cant believe we may raid without a bloodlust lol.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Make drums.....

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Energystream

to Energystream
Click for full size
said by Energystream:

Anyone tracking their progress with warcraft logs or AMR's utility?

I don't think AMR's comparison tool is up and running yet is it?

Here is what mine shows for heroic Kargath on for the Shadow Priest. (note the 96% is with the T16 set (shows the lower ilvl)). For some reason though, it doesn't show all of the fights where I've killed him, even though we have logs posted for those fights. This past Sunday is an example.

I use the rankings more to see what other Shadow Priests are doing and then look them up and compare gems/chants/talents/etc. Some of them I do a side by side comparison of their rotations vs mine. There are two of them that do amazing damage... Mibaa and someone else (can't remember)... that I'd love to chat with but they are both on EU servers. They do 26-29k on fights and are only around 660 ilvl.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Roided

to Roided
Fury is quite a pain to play through lower item levels. I had to make the same decision you're making right now and I picked my Warrior. Every single day I wish I would have chosen the Shaman.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
You can mouse over the range percentage on the right in AMR's interface and it gives you the rank percentages for various stats, Total, ilvl, spec and spec/ilvl.

Not as nice as tracking on warcraft but it can be useful.
Nathael
join:2014-02-04
germany

Nathael to Carpie

to Carpie
@ Carpie:
is the item level displayed at the bottom correct? You did 23k DPS as shadow with Item Level 624? I must be doing something seriously wrong...

And why did your item level go down in December?

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

He swapped to Tier 16-2piece because it is still working at level 100.

Carpie logs will dissappear if you look at a specific ilvl range.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Energystream

to Energystream
said by Energystream:

Not as nice as tracking on warcraft but it can be useful.

Ah, ok. I hadn't noticed it. I know that AMR IS planning to have comparison functionality though. And were planning to have it ready by now but it's been delayed. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.
said by Energystream:

He swapped to Tier 16-2piece because it is still working at level 100.

Yeah, the T16 bonuses still seem to be the way to until about 660ish ilvl (depending on stats).
said by Energystream:

Carpie logs will dissappear if you look at a specific ilvl range.

It may be that I've only killed heroic Kargath with the guild twice. I forgot that we skipped him this past Sunday because you guys killed him on Th while I wasn't there. And some of the times I've killed him was with pugs.
Roided
Coraopolis, PA

Roided

Thanks for posting those sim logs Carpie!! After looking online, i found many differences across the board in dps logs. Has anyone tested these to see if these are somewhat accurate (maybe not in terms of actual numbers but where alot of these classes stand on the meters)? I was wondering if anyone had their own raid logs to post to get an idea (obv ppl have different ilvls but just wondering where classes stand). Thanks.

Energystream
Premium Member
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
The logs are pretty accurate, but remember that the top 5% is typically filled with either very lucky runs, some level of cheese or genuine badasses.

Look to hit 80-90% of the relative performance to your ilvl and spec and you are doing great.
Roided
Coraopolis, PA

Roided to Carpie

to Carpie
Click for full size
Thought this was worth posting. This is a breakdown per fight of where each dps stands in terms of average dps to other players that have done normal highmaul. I like this better than sims because it shows how real players are doing vs each other however we dont know the sample size of each, skill level, ilvl, etc. In terms of how everyone looks at this, you all can decide how you want to interpret the data.