Search similar:

uniqs
muzicman82
join:2011-12-05
Bear, DE

muzicman82

[Quantum] Just Switched To "Ultimate FiOS Quantum Deal"

Hi all,

I just switched to this plan (renewing my 2-year agreement).

»campaign.verizon.com/exc ··· N_X00018

I know few people need all of these upgrades, but for me, I was on a $95/month Triple Play (50/50 Speed), and paying Showtime and HBO a la cart, for around $36/month. And, the Quantum Enhanced DVR service for 6-channels was an additional $22/month. I know the math is fuzzy and there's fees and taxes and the equipment fee, but I should end up paying about the same or LESS for much more bang.

I'm currently trying to see if I can add a 2nd box, keeping Enhanced DVR free.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

It's a good deal for those that can get it. I wish I could.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to muzicman82

Premium Member

to muzicman82
Is there any way to get this if you are currently on a two year deal? Right now I pay $139.99 a month but I'm in the middle of a 12 months special that gives me HBO and Starz for around $16 extra. This deal would still get me those channels for a longer period and allow me to save some money.

When I click on the link I only get a two year offer. And it has to be at a different level of internet service than the current 75/75 I have now.
gccjr
join:2014-06-10
Poolesville, MD

1 recommendation

gccjr to muzicman82

to muzicman82
Watch your bill muzicman82. Note that the website you link to says that you only get the premiums that you don't already subscribe to. Thus (at least when I went to accept this offer they told me this), you still get to keep paying for your Showtime and HBO al a carte. Verizon wouldn't let me cancel and add them back through this promo, so I said no deal as it would be a price increase for me.
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to aaronwt

to aaronwt
said by aaronwt:

Is there any way to get this if you are currently on a two year deal? Right now I pay $139.99 a month but I'm in the middle of a 12 months special that gives me HBO and Starz for around $16 extra. This deal would still get me those channels for a longer period and allow me to save some money.

When I click on the link I only get a two year offer. And it has to be at a different level of internet service than the current 75/75 I have now.

As far as I know current customers can't get it....unless you're contract is about to expire or you are out of contract.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to muzicman82

to muzicman82
I just got an offer in the mail yesterday because my contract expiration is coming up in March. The offer is Quantum Ultimate triple play with a 3-year price guarantee for $159.99/month. It says free Quantum service (but additional equipment charges apply). This also includes "premium channels you don't currently subscribe to", which in my case is none, so no gain there. This seems to be a pretty good deal since I currently pay $154.99/month for Ultimate triple play, and that price is surely going to increase in March when my contract is up. But in the original link it says the price is $139.99/month, so I'm confused by this offer.
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

fcfc2 to muzicman82

to muzicman82
Hi guys,
I took a look at the above link and just to clarify, this is not a "3 year price guarantee" in any sense of the words. Look at the quoted total, it says,

3-YEAR PRICE GUARANTEE

(2-YR. CONTRACT + 1-YR. PRICE GUARANTEE)

Meaning you get whatever for the 1st year and the 2nd year is going to be at the then current full rate for all channels.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by fcfc2:

Hi guys,
I took a look at the above link and just to clarify, this is not a "3 year price guarantee" in any sense of the words. Look at the quoted total, it says,

3-YEAR PRICE GUARANTEE

(2-YR. CONTRACT + 1-YR. PRICE GUARANTEE)

Meaning you get whatever for the 1st year and the 2nd year is going to be at the then current full rate for all channels.

No, it means you are locked into a contract for 2 years and then you get 1 additional year with no price increase. So it's 3 total years at the same price. That's how I'm reading it.

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar to muzicman82

to muzicman82
You will get plenty of great deals when your current deal is about 3 weeks from expiration. You have to wait.
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

I just got an offer in the mail yesterday because my contract expiration is coming up in March. The offer is Quantum Ultimate triple play with a 3-year price guarantee for $159.99/month. It says free Quantum service (but additional equipment charges apply). This also includes "premium channels you don't currently subscribe to", which in my case is none, so no gain there. This seems to be a pretty good deal since I currently pay $154.99/month for Ultimate triple play, and that price is surely going to increase in March when my contract is up. But in the original link it says the price is $139.99/month, so I'm confused by this offer.

I got this in the mail yesterday as well. For me it would basically maintain what I currently have despite the e-mail stating that they are offering a bunch of improvements....when the letter starts by stating "We've been reviewing your account and..." they should come up with a program that is more intuitive.

Anyway, I don't see extending my service as a wise move until they have shown that they can produce a stable firmware for the quantum system...that apparently won't be known until the end of next month and there are no guarantees.

BosGuy
@108.49.157.x

BosGuy

Anon

My contract still had 10 months until it was up. I was paying $115 per month. I just took the offer for $120 per month. My internet went from 50/50 to 75/75 and I received the entertainment package for 2 years for free - I think that is around $49 per month that I don't have to pay. So for $5 bucks more a month I received faster internet and the entertainment package - not bad considering I still had 10 months left on my deal.
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by BosGuy :

My contract still had 10 months until it was up. I was paying $115 per month. I just took the offer for $120 per month. My internet went from 50/50 to 75/75 and I received the entertainment package for 2 years for free - I think that is around $49 per month that I don't have to pay. So for $5 bucks more a month I received faster internet and the entertainment package - not bad considering I still had 10 months left on my deal.

How did you manage to pull it off while already being in a contract that wasnt close to ending?

QuaffAPint
A Big Thanks To The Troops
join:2001-01-10
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

You will get plenty of great deals when your current deal is about 3 weeks from expiration. You have to wait.

I'm up in Jan. I keep waiting for those deals, but only thing I see in SE PA is the same exact thing I have now for $5 more, plus being stuck in a contract, which I want to avoid at all costs.
kalee06
join:2014-12-22
Brookline, MA

kalee06 to muzicman82

to muzicman82
So what is the total cost if I want the Quantum DVR in 2 rooms (living room and master bedroom)?

Ultimate FIOS Quantum Deal $139.99
Enhanced Quantum (Living Room) $22.00 (unclear if this is extra charge for 1st DVR?)
Enhanced Quantum (Master Bedroom) $10.00 (unclear if this is extra charge for additional DVR?)

Total = $171.99 (before taxes)

The ad says "FREE FiOS Quantum TV Enhanced Service for 2-years", but it's unclear if there's additional charges (i.e. $22 charge for the 1st DVR and then another $10 charge for the additional room.).
Teddeli
join:2006-12-06
Merrick, NY

Teddeli to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

No, it means you are locked into a contract for 2 years and then you g

I was offered a "three year" price guarantee for my quantum service. This deal raised my speed to 75/75 and the boxes were now free. My contract was up July 2015. Two promotions were taken away but since the equipment rental was not being charged my total bill only went up by $1.00

It is not really a three year price guarantee because at the end of two years while the cost of my package will stay the same I will be charged for the boxes again. I took the deal and will roll the dice for a new promotion in two years.

BosGuy
@38.97.118.x

BosGuy to Myzteziz

Anon

to Myzteziz
I didn't do anything special. I received the offer in the mail and then went on line to my account and selected promotions. It popped up there as well.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by BosGuy :

I didn't do anything special. I received the offer in the mail and then went on line to my account and selected promotions. It popped up there as well.

Have you had any problems with the Quantum TV service?

BosGuy
@108.49.157.x

BosGuy

Anon

Just upgraded to new quantum boxes when I locked into the 3 year deal. They should be here this week. Nervous as I have read about the bugs. Hopefully the January patch straightens it out.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by BosGuy :

Just upgraded to new quantum boxes when I locked into the 3 year deal. They should be here this week. Nervous as I have read about the bugs. Hopefully the January patch straightens it out.

I've complained about the bugs as much as the next guy, but there's nothing to be nervous about. You'll still be able to watch TV, record TV, watch recordings, watch VOD, etc. It just might be maddeningly slow at times. Could be the occasional lockup and you'll be resetting your DVR more than you probably thought you'd need to do in 2014 (2015 for you maybe).
optivity
join:2014-10-13
Guilderland, NY

optivity to BosGuy

to BosGuy
I upgraded to Quantum TV last week. I was concerned about performance issues too but can report absolutely no problems with my service.

I have (1) VMS1100, (1) IPC1100, WRT1900AC w/Ethernet connection to ONT and Actiontec Rev. I router w/MoCA bridge.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to muzicman82

Premium Member

to muzicman82
I received the same offer.... but the net-net is that my bill would go up $20/mo, *and* I'd give up my free DVR for life *and* I'd give up the free SD STB.

Combined, that's a lot to give up for .... what, exactly? What does the Quantum TV service give me that I don't have today, aside from pause/rewind on my non-DVR STBs (which I don't care much about anyway?)
muzicman82
join:2011-12-05
Bear, DE

muzicman82

For me it came down to having 1 box that records 6CH and it was cheaper than having two boxes to do two each. I later added the 2nd box with the promo since the $22 quantum enhanced service is free for 2 years and the 2nd box (client) was only $7 more.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

3 edits

bohratom to muzicman82

to muzicman82
Must be a limited footprint for the deal (I'm in Jersey) as when I try clicking on the link and Order it just shows me the normal offerings at MyVerizon for my account, $159 for the UltimateHD, NO free Total Movie Package and NO free Quantum DVR service.

BTW the OP does indicate this deal is for current customers but is it only for those that have UltimateHD TP?

Currently I just have the ExtremeHD TP.
seaburyguy
join:2014-12-23
Elmhurst, NY

seaburyguy to BosGuy

to BosGuy
I too just switched from RCN to fios just this weekend. Originally gor the MRDVR, but during a call to VRZN CS, convinced me to upgrade to the Quantum Boxes as there will be an upgrade fee if I decided to get it later on, but no downgrade fee. So far I love it, they say there will be a lag as time goes on, hoping not! Got a 2 year deal.
bushleaguer
join:2007-01-22
Gillette, NJ

bushleaguer to muzicman82

to muzicman82
Just so those who have the quantum premium service like my family does (I really miss that external HD) are aware......this deal will apply to you as well. I called out of curiosity and was told that even though I have the premium package ($32.00/month) they would apply a $22.00 credit (the cost of the enhanced package) to my account. So there would still be a cost for the quantum service but it would be reduced to $10.00.
cissado
Premium Member
join:2008-01-14
Clifton, NJ

cissado to bohratom

Premium Member

to bohratom
I'm in Northern Jersey and got the same thing as you. $159... I talked to CS and they said it's for "New customers only" Seriously? How come they can't all be on the same page? Anyway, I wanted to wait until my 2years ends which is January 9. Maybe I'll get that deal or a different better deal. Who knows. I now have Extreme HD package for $125 including discounts. $5 and $10 for One Bill, which is disappearing. I wouldn't mind getting Ultimate for $139.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to muzicman82

to muzicman82
One thing I noticed about this deal is that it includes "all premium channels that you do not currently subscribe to". So basically if you already subscribe to any particular premium channel you will need to continue paying extra for it. I currently have Ultimate with HBO as an add-on. I'm thinking of cancelling HBO and then calling in to see if I can get this deal which would then give me HBO for free. Do I have to cancel HBO for 30 days? Has anyone tried this?

pderosa
join:2000-08-29
Kearny, NJ

pderosa to muzicman82

to muzicman82
I took this deal since I already had Ultimate with 75/75 and phone and was paying $154.99 + the $22 fee for Quantum DVR. This deal makes it $159.99 but - the $22 for the DVR so a savings of $17/month. Definitely a better deal than I had.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

Well Verizon screws up yet again. I called in yesterday to take advantage of the 159.99 deal. My free HBO was expiring next month, so with the free Quantum service and free movie channels I'm saving over $40/month with this new deal.

So after they submitted the order I checked all the premium channels on my TV and I'm getting everything except HBO. So I called back to ask what the problem is. The billing person had no idea so she transferred me over to tech support. Tech support said the channels would be active in a couple hours. Well now it's the next day and still no HBO, so I called back in to customer service. Now they are telling me the CSR who submitted the original order never added the "Fully loaded entertainment pack" to my order. So now I have to wait until next week when my Quantum boxes arrive, and then call back again to get the Fully Loaded pack added. It just amazes me how incompetent the CSR's are.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to muzicman82

to muzicman82
Seems the link isn't working anymore.