said by frankpf3:

Seems the link isn't working anymore.

It's still working for me.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to pderosa

to pderosa
I tried to get this deal today by calling the special 888 number. According to the CSR who answered this offer is only for new customers, although the web site page doesn't mention that fact. He checked the promotion code number and said I was ineligible. I have nine months left on my current contract.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by billhere:

I have nine months left on my current contract.

That's why. If the contract was close to expiring you might have been able to get it. Also, the fine print does in fact say, "Offer for new FiOS TV and Internet residential customers subscribing to a FiOS...." under the pricing details of each package.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to muzicman82

to muzicman82
How long is the current wait to receive Quantum boxes? I placed my order yesterday and when I checked online it says Installation Date: January 15. Does it really take that long? The CSR on the phone said I could have my boxes as early as next Monday.
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

1 edit

Myzteziz

said by ansky:

How long is the current wait to receive Quantum boxes? I placed my order yesterday and when I checked online it says Installation Date: January 15. Does it really take that long? The CSR on the phone said I could have my boxes as early as next Monday.

You'll get the boxes fast.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

No, it doesn't take that long. I got the boxes and my "installation date" wasn't "scheduled" until 10 days later. But I installed the boxes, activated them and everything worked that day. Just make sure you follow the correct order. Activate any VMSs BEFORE trying to activate the IPC client boxes. Very important. Best of luck.

ramell
join:2002-02-12
Carrollton, TX

ramell to Myzteziz

to Myzteziz
Just some heads up, I just attempted to get this deal and as it was explained to me (account holder since 2005), the deal was not available because "The deal should be applicable if your agreement is just expired with in last 90 days."

Merry Christmas
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by ramell:

Just some heads up, I just attempted to get this deal and as it was explained to me (account holder since 2005), the deal was not available because "The deal should be applicable if your agreement is just expired with in last 90 days."

Merry Christmas

Right, customers who are out of contract should have no problems getting the offer, it's those who are in one and aren't close to it expiring that won't have any luck.

ramell
join:2002-02-12
Carrollton, TX

ramell

I haven't been under agreement for over 90 days (out of contract). 90 days or less is the sweet spot according to Verizon.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to muzicman82

to muzicman82
My contract was set to expire at the end of Feb. and they gave me the 159.99 deal.

Jehu
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

Jehu to muzicman82

Premium Member

to muzicman82
I received this offer in the mail. I was about to jump on it, but there was some fine print that puzzled me:

"...bundle with the Fully Loaded Entertainment Pack. Promo rate via $25 bill credit for 36 months; beginning month 37, standard rates apply."

So my impression is that the offer is to lock in Internet/phone/TV pricing for 3 years (re-upping a 2 year contract), but come year 3 you lose the bonus of premium channels at a discount.

Now I can't really tell if this is a good deal.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

1 recommendation

ansky

said by Jehu:

I received this offer in the mail. I was about to jump on it, but there was some fine print that puzzled me:

"...bundle with the Fully Loaded Entertainment Pack. Promo rate via $25 bill credit for 36 months; beginning month 37, standard rates apply."

So my impression is that the offer is to lock in Internet/phone/TV pricing for 3 years (re-upping a 2 year contract), but come year 3 you lose the bonus of premium channels at a discount.

Now I can't really tell if this is a good deal.

What do you mean? Month 37 would be the beginning of your 4th year.

I called in to get this offer last week and the rep confirmed the movie channels were included for 3 years.
ansky

ansky to muzicman82

to muzicman82
Does Verizon provide any notification of when they actually ship your equipment, or a tracking number? I placed my order last Thursday but when I check the status it does not provide this information.

BosGuy
@70.192.40.x

BosGuy to ansky

Anon

to ansky
My contract expires in Oct of 2015 and I got the 3 year deal with the free entertainment pack and 75/75 for $119/month.
optivity
join:2014-10-13
Guilderland, NY

optivity to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

Does Verizon provide any notification of when they actually ship your equipment, or a tracking number?

Yes. I received a UPS tracking number when my Quantum upgrade order shipped. I believe the equipment for the Northeast region ships from Pennsylvania so you should receive it very soon.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by optivity:

said by ansky:

Does Verizon provide any notification of when they actually ship your equipment, or a tracking number?

Yes. I received a UPS tracking number when my Quantum upgrade order shipped. I believe the equipment for the Northeast region ships from Pennsylvania so you should receive it very soon.

Thanks. How long did it take from the time you placed your order to when it actually shipped? They told me I could receive the boxes as early as today but I haven't received any tracking number yet.
kjo43
join:2015-01-05

kjo43

One more shipping question - did everything come at once?

I received a replacement router within 2 days of putting my order in online, but no boxes at all - just want to make sure I'm not waiting to find out they screwed up my order.
optivity
join:2014-10-13
Guilderland, NY

optivity

I suggest giving Verizon CS a call to see if they have a tracking number for your order.

My upgrade consisted of (1) VMS1100 (1) IPC1100 and (1) Actiontec MI424WR Rev. I router.

All equipment was shipped in (1) box (10 lbs. total?) and each device was boxed individually inside that.

The shipment included a return shipping label. I returned the old equipment using the same boxes the new equipment was shipped with.

Jehu
Premium Member
MA

Jehu to ansky

Premium Member

to ansky
said by ansky:

What do you mean? Month 37 would be the beginning of your 4th year.

Thank you for confirming that I cannot count :/
kjo43
join:2015-01-05

kjo43 to optivity

to optivity
said by optivity:

All equipment was shipped in (1) box (10 lbs. total?) and each device

Thanks for the reply- I just called, they assured me the boxes will be delivered before the 'install date' and they are shipped seperatley 'sometimes'. I guess we'll see.

funny to see Guilderland on your profile - I live in Delmar.

Jehu
Premium Member
MA

Jehu to muzicman82

Premium Member

to muzicman82
Whoa I almost got hosed on this offer. Since I had an existing "Fully Loaded" premium channel package, that would not be removed by taking advantage of this offer (which on the face includes the same channels I'm currently getting). Therefore, by accepting the deal I would have ended up simply paying about $8 more for a bump from 50/50 to 75/75.

Not at all the deal I was expecting! I still have 9 months, I guess I will wait to see what comes along between now and then.
cissado
Premium Member
join:2008-01-14
Clifton, NJ

cissado to nascar

Premium Member

to nascar
I'm 2 days away from my end of contract. I'm only seeing the $159 offer for Ultimate package. If I hadn't seen the offer for $139, I may have thought about jumping on the $159 deal. Has anyone else signed up for the $139 deal or is everything $159 now? Will the prices change for someone with 2 days on their contract? I have a feeling nothing will change in 3 days plus. I doubt they'll go up for me when out of contract, but I wonder if they will still go down, when technically I would be OOC.

The $22 off for DVR fee is a good incentive. I now pay $20/month for MRDVR.

So people signing up for this. Are you guys getting $139 or $159? I want to sign soon and upgrade my router to the Quantum. Pay $99 for it.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by cissado:

So people signing up for this. Are you guys getting $139 or $159? I want to sign soon and upgrade my router to the Quantum. Pay $99 for it.

I'm just over a month from my contract end date. I got a letter in the mail a couple weeks ago with the $159 deal, and when I called last week that is also the same deal they offered me. I ended up taking it. With the free premium channels and free Quantum service it ends up saving me about $40/month from what I'm paying now.

QuaffAPint
A Big Thanks To The Troops
join:2001-01-10
Downingtown, PA

QuaffAPint to cissado

to cissado
Im also up in a few days. When I login and look its listing $149.99. That's $45 more than what I pay now for what I have, so way too much. Interesting that it seems to vary between 139, 149, and 159.

Jehu
Premium Member
MA

Jehu to ansky

Premium Member

to ansky
Mac- did you have premium channels before?
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to kjo43

to kjo43
said by kjo43:

said by optivity:

All equipment was shipped in (1) box (10 lbs. total?) and each device

Thanks for the reply- I just called, they assured me the boxes will be delivered before the 'install date' and they are shipped seperatley 'sometimes'. I guess we'll see.

funny to see Guilderland on your profile - I live in Delmar.

Just curious, did you receive your equipment yet? I placed my order on Jan. 1 and when I called last night the guy said I most likely won't receive anything until next week. He couldn't even confirm whether or not anything was actually shipped yet.
ansky

ansky to Jehu

to Jehu
said by Jehu:

Mac- did you have premium channels before?

I had all the premium channels. In my area all premiums except HBO are included as part of the Ultimate package, so I had HBO separately as an add-on. I was getting HBO free for a year and then the price was set to jump to the regular price of $19.99 month in Feb.

Jehu
Premium Member
MA

Jehu

Premium Member

I don't know if you viewed your "estimated monthly payment" in the process.. that was the only place I found the line item that retained the amount I am paying for premium channels, thus boosting the promotional rate to essentially no financial savings at all.

hsindogg
Premium Member
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

hsindogg to Jehu

Premium Member

to Jehu
said by Jehu:

Whoa I almost got hosed on this offer. Since I had an existing "Fully Loaded" premium channel package, that would not be removed by taking advantage of this offer (which on the face includes the same channels I'm currently getting).

My contract was set to expire in Dec 2015, I had the Triple Play (ExtremeHD, 25/25Mbps) for $119/mo, and Fully Loaded for $41.99/mo. I got this offer for UltimateHD, 75/75Mbps, and Fully Loaded for $159/mo.

What I did was simply cancel the Fully Loaded entertainment pack, then the next day I added the offer to take fully advantage of it.
hsindogg

hsindogg to Jehu

Premium Member

to Jehu
Yeah for my in terms of price, it's a net wash from my old monthly rate. But I'm going from 25/25 to 75/75, and adding a few more premium channels for the same price.