Search similar:

uniqs
kjo43
join:2015-01-05

kjo43 to ansky

to ansky

Re: [Quantum] Just Switched To "Ultimate FiOS Quantum Deal"

said by ansky See Profile
Just curious, did you receive your equipment yet? I placed my order on Jan. 1 and when I called last night the guy said I most likely won't receive anything until next week. He couldn't even confirm whether or not anything was actually shipped yet.

:

not yet... ordered on the 28th install date is the 13th. Vz couldn't tell me an estimate either.

Jehu
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

Jehu to hsindogg

Premium Member

to hsindogg
said by hsindogg:

What I did was simply cancel the Fully Loaded entertainment pack, then the next day I added the offer to take fully advantage of it.

Interesting! so the offer was still intact after you cancelled?

hsindogg
Premium Member
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

1 recommendation

hsindogg

Premium Member

said by Jehu:

Interesting! so the offer was still intact after you cancelled?

Yes, but only as soon as the cancel order was completed. The offer banner won't show up while a pending order is on your account.

As of today, my service is confirmed: Ultimate HD, Fully Loaded Pack, and 75/75Gps.

Jehu
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

Jehu

Premium Member

Pretty slick Might have to roll the dice on this.

KoolMoe
Aw Man
Premium Member
join:2001-02-14
Annapolis, MD

KoolMoe to muzicman82

Premium Member

to muzicman82
This thread prompted me to check.
We have 'Prime HD' (now retired), 15/15, and basic phone for $110 (plus lots of add on fees getting us to $145/mo).
Going through a variety of options, found I could keep my package and pay LESS at $95/month (2 year contract)...
...or keep what I have but with an upgrade to 50/50 internet for my current cost.

I picked less-cost as our 15/15 internet has been just fine for now...plus I never see bill reductions for same-service. I couldn't resist.
kjo43

kjo43 to muzicman82

to muzicman82
My equipment showed up today... thats the end of the good news.

ordered 12/28 - install date picked by verizon 1/13
router arrives and installed 12/31
boxes arrive 1/8

unhooked all existing boxes
hooked up the VMS and it would not activate. I called and they did a manual activation which worked, but all of the premium channels were not available. They ended up calling the pope for special dispensation and gave me my channels "early", so far so good... 60 minutes spent.

While I was waiting for them to get permission to activate the premium channels I hooked up my first client box - and you guessed it - activation failed. So I got the guy on the phone working on that problem.

While I was waiting for them to figure out the client(1) problem, I hooked up client(2) any guesses??? yup activation failed.

at this point they are totally stumped (another 60 minutes gone by). Waiting to talk to the 6th person now.

I must say everyone is super polite, but thats about it. No one seems to have the ability to make any decisions or solve any technical issues which are seemingly obvious.

I'll report back if they get these clients online - but I'd recommend for anyone else to just wait for your install date, this is a total waste of my life.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by kjo43:

I'll report back if they get these clients online - but I'd recommend for anyone else to just wait for your install date, this is a total waste of my life.

Interesting. I think someone mentioned either in this thread or another thread that you can't install the equipment until the actual installation date. Although when I talked to the CSR on the phone he had told me the install date is just some arbitrary date they pick because a date has to be entered into the system.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to muzicman82

to muzicman82
You shouldn't have to wait for the install date. When i upgraded back in March. I got the boxes well before my install date. Hooked them up, the activation did initially fail on the VMS and one of the IPC clients but worked the second time.
kjo43

kjo43

said by Timothy28:

You shouldn't have to wait for the install date.

Thats what everyone I talked to at Verizon said too, and based on the resolution to the problem, I'm not sure waiting would have made any difference for me, so I'll retract that advice...

When no progress was being made the tech told me I either had to:
1. Disconnect all of my wireless and wired devices to get a 'clean' network for activation OR
2. Wait for someone to come out to my house the next day

I blew my stack and finally got to a higher level tech. I wish I had done that sooner.... once I did that everything was fixed in 30 minutes.

the higher level guy said my VMS didn't complete activation properly and subsequently the clients did not get activated. He tried re-activating the VMS and it still made no difference, so he manually activated the clients and like magic it worked, amazing...

He led me to believe this was very uncommon.Hopefully its just my poor luck, and not a systemic issue.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by kjo43:

the higher level guy said my VMS didn't complete activation properly and subsequently the clients did not get activated. He tried re-activating the VMS and it still made no difference, so he manually activated the clients and like magic it worked, amazing...

How do you initiate the activation process? Do you just plug in the VMS and it's supposed to activate automatically, or do you have to call to have it activate? My equipment should be arriving any day now so I'm really hoping to avoid any issues.
kjo43

kjo43

just plug it in... if it fails it will tell you. Unplug ALL of your old equipment first.

hsindogg
Premium Member
Potomac, MD

hsindogg to kjo43

Premium Member

to kjo43
Did you all also try the online self-install?

»www.verizon.com/fiostv/s ··· install/

All you need is the 5 digit code on your packing slip.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by hsindogg:

Isn't that self activation only for non quantum equipment?
kjo43

kjo43 to hsindogg

to hsindogg
said by hsindogg:

yes - tried self activation via phone with the activation code and my zip code that failed too which led me to talking to a person at verizon.

hsindogg
Premium Member
Potomac, MD

hsindogg to Myzteziz

Premium Member

to Myzteziz
said by Myzteziz:

Isn't that self activation only for non quantum equipment?

Hmm, not sure, when I upgraded to Quantum, just plugging in the STB worked for self-install.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to kjo43

to kjo43
That's crazy. I'm glad they were able to resolve it and get it up and running.
RetiredInFL
join:2002-11-04
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

said by fcfc2:

Hi guys,
I took a look at the above link and just to clarify, this is not a "3 year price guarantee" in any sense of the words. Look at the quoted total, it says,

3-YEAR PRICE GUARANTEE

(2-YR. CONTRACT + 1-YR. PRICE GUARANTEE)

Meaning you get whatever for the 1st year and the 2nd year is going to be at the then current full rate for all channels.

No, it means you are locked into a contract for 2 years and then you get 1 additional year with no price increase. So it's 3 total years at the same price. That's how I'm reading it.

Actually when you "apply" for it you will see (or at least that's how it was in my account) the third year has a $20/mo increase. That's what my offer said anyway. 2 years at current price, year 3 + $20.

That being said, what I ended up doing was canceling my account as of Jan 8th and I (actually my wife) had a new install today Jan 9th. Was down a total of 8 hours, got the new sub pricing plus the $400 gift card. Installer said half of the people he installs does that. The only time this might cause an issue is your phone number. In my case I don't use that line anyway.
cissado
Premium Member
join:2008-01-14
Clifton, NJ

cissado to muzicman82

Premium Member

to muzicman82
An update if anyone is interested. My 2 year term expired yesterday. Today I checked my account and it instantly prompted me to "upgrade" for a better price offer. It was the same price I originally got about a week or two ago. $159/month for Quantum etc... Still not bad, so I may go with it. Was hoping something else would pop up after my term expired.

This offer says my "ONE Bill" is still going to be active, which is $10/month discount. I hope that is the case, because it would make the deal sweeter, but I don't believe anything anymore.

I do see about $40/month discount if I lower my channel lineup by one level and actually raise my 50/50 internet to 75/75. $40/month is tempting..... but I like that 6 tuner box.

In the end, I'm glad to have these "problems". Ha. Could always be worse. Good luck everyone.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to muzicman82

to muzicman82
I just got my first bill after upgrading to Quantum a few weeks ago. I was charaged a $49.99 "Equipment Upgrade Fee". Did anyone else get this charge? I don't recall ever seeing this in the fine print, and the CSR that took my order certainly did not mention it. I am thinking of fighting it as it was not disclosed.

CeeZee
join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA

CeeZee

I got it and it was disclosed to me when I placed my order via a CSR. It also shows up on the email I got that asked me to review my order for accuracy, under the heading of what to expect on my first bill.

gregg62
join:2008-02-09
Stirling, NJ

gregg62 to muzicman82

to muzicman82
My contract is up on March 5. Looking at my options for renewal. Trying to decide if I should wait until my contract is closer to expiration, or renew now. I really don't want to pay a $45 fee for equipment. Just wondering, has anyone else had any luck negotiating with them to remove that fee or get any other additional discounts?
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by gregg62:

My contract is up on March 5. Looking at my options for renewal. Trying to decide if I should wait until my contract is closer to expiration, or renew now. I really don't want to pay a $45 fee for equipment. Just wondering, has anyone else had any luck negotiating with them to remove that fee or get any other additional discounts?

Wait until closer to the date it expires, you'll get a better rate.
What $45 fee are you talking about? An upgrade fee? Some have had upgrade fees waived by calling retention, but it all depends on the rep. you get.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

1 edit

ansky

said by Myzteziz:

said by gregg62:

Wait until closer to the date it expires, you'll get a better rate.
What $45 fee are you talking about? An upgrade fee? Some have had upgrade fees waived by calling retention, but it all depends on the rep. you get.

The upgrade fee is not $45, it's $49.99. I spoke to the billing department (didn't even have to go to retention) and they gave me a credit for that fee.

gregg62
join:2008-02-09
Stirling, NJ

gregg62

You are correct, it's a $49.99 equipment upgrade fee (not $45). I will wait until I get closer to the expire date. Thanks!

JayMan 007
join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

JayMan 007 to muzicman82

to muzicman82
Any new Deals for Quantum?

This now looks to be more of a stable product.

Thanks,
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by JayMan 007:

Any new Deals for Quantum?

This now looks to be more of a stable product.

Thanks,

Ummm.... »[IMG] New Quantum IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)