Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

[General] Going with VZW - Autopay. Forced or not?

4 years ago, I signed up with AT&T for their U-Verse TV service. When I went to set it up, they forced me into Autopay before they'd even set me up. After set up I was able to get out of the Autopay BS. (I don't do AP for any bill accept rent in case of wrong bills and losing money over errors)

Fast forward to today and I'm planning to snag an iPhone, either 5 or 5s and want to know does Verizon Wireless shove Auto Pay down your throat or is it opt in?

Are there any discounts for using Autopay, enough to make any billing headaches worth it?
danj34
join:2006-11-16
Athol, MA

danj34

Opt in. They will nag you about it every time you pay your bill though.

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by danj34:

Opt in. They will nag you about it every time you pay your bill though.

Screw the nag, I'll ignore it as long as I don't wake up one day to find money being vacuumed from my account.

According to what I've been told, I'll be on the hook for a 2 year contract. I can easily live with that. And since I'm going all cell, I need everything to be right. Number ported. The right phone, the right plan, the price paid for it a month.

Wish me luck. I should know more in a few hours.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

You get a text several weeks from the payment date telling you what the auto-pay amount will be--ample amount of time to dispute any changes with VZW. We all live busy lives and it prevents you from risking a late payment if you simply forget.
AmericanMan
Premium Member
join:2013-12-28
united state

AmericanMan to Chris 313

Premium Member

to Chris 313
I don't have my own Verizon Wireless plan anymore but I do have both a Sprint & an AT&T plan and on both of those I meet them halfway -- I do auto-pay but still receive paper bills.

This way I have the chance to see what's going to be drafted from my account before it happens.

I used to mail my bills in and/or pay at the store, but I got tired of having to go there every month so I let AutoPay handle it.