McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Immer

to Immer

Re: LFR - Tourist mode?

said by Immer:

After the wipe, nearly everyone's death was to whirlwind or blaze (or both at the same time, I guess, with blaze getting the KB).

Sorry to hear you wiped, brother...at least you got some gear. The last time I went in there a rogue was trying to explain the mechanics of the Twins fight in intricate detail; I politely asked him to stop asked the tanks to pull and let us faceroll our way to some free abrogator stones. It worked perfectly.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

So, Imperator tomorrow or not?

I wonder how long the fight is on LFR?

Mordred
join:2013-01-02

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
I am sure the trash leading up to Imp is going to be harder than killing him.

Hexoplex
join:2011-05-26
Houston, TX

Hexoplex to Carpie

to Carpie
I hit 90 last night and am only like 23 ilvls short of the WoD dungeons and figure I can get my pieces from LFR. The Heroic Panda Bear dungeons are a cake walk, I was 3rd or 4th DPS as a Disc Priest, and there are no real upgrades for me.

How long does one of these runs usually take? Should I anticipate only competing 1 a night or not even that much? I would have about 3 or 4 hours of time I could commit.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Hexoplex:

I hit 90 last night and am only like 23 ilvls short of the WoD dungeons and figure I can get my pieces from LFR. The Heroic Panda Bear dungeons are a cake walk, I was 3rd or 4th DPS as a Disc Priest, and there are no real upgrades for me.

How long does one of these runs usually take? Should I anticipate only competing 1 a night or not even that much? I would have about 3 or 4 hours of time I could commit.

Your post makes no sense. Did you hit 90 or 100? You mention being close to WoD dungeons, then mention heroic MoP ones.

Anything MoP wise is going to be easy as the game is now geared mechanics wise around a level 100 character. You shouldn't bother with heroic dungeons/LFR at 90, just go straight to WoD content. Quest gear will sort you out then you can do normal WoD dungeons.

How long do what runs take? Ignore the panda dungeons, WoD ones will take 20-30 mins. LFR runs once you are 615ilevel take about 30 mins currently for Wing 1 & 2. Wing 3 will probably be the same at first as I'd imagine it won't be quite as faceroll as the rest of it.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex

I cannot do the WoD dungeons because I am ilvl 478 (ish) and need to be at ilvl 500. I can run the Panda Heroics but they area waste of time and wanted to try the Panda raids to see if I can fill in the missing pieces so I can actually get into the WoD dungeons.

*Edit

not really into questing on my Priest, I farm Ember Silk in Twilight Highlands until my ques pop.

Mordred

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
Are you just going to level VIA dungeons? I am not sure I had many dungeon options right at 90.

If you are looking to get a quick bump in gear from 478 to 500 I think Timeless isle will still work.

Cat5

Cat5 to Hexoplex

to Hexoplex
said by Hexoplex:

I cannot do the WoD dungeons because I am ilvl 478 (ish) and need to be at ilvl 500.

Then do the introduction to WoD. It takes 20 minutes and you have people fighting with you 80% of the time. By the end you'll have your ilevel and you need to do this to set foot into Draenor.
said by Hexoplex:

I can run the Panda Heroics but they area waste of time and wanted to try the Panda raids to see if I can fill in the missing pieces so I can actually get into the WoD dungeons.

You may be able to use the new Raid Finder aspect to get old content runs, but most groups will only accept level 100's. Plus the gear is obsolete as soon as you do the 20 min introduction to WoD, which again you have to do if you want to see Draenor.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex to Mordred

to Mordred
said by Mordred:

Are you just going to level VIA dungeons?

More then likely. That is how I got 90% of my leveling done so far.
said by Mordred:

I am not sure I had many dungeon options right at 90.

I have all the Panda Heroics and I think I saw a few Panda Raids I could get into.
said by Mordred:

If you are looking to get a quick bump in gear from 478 to 500 I think Timeless isle will still work.

Ok, I will look into getting over there and seeing if that helps. As soon as I hit the correct ilvl, I will be moving onto WoD dungeons.
Hexoplex

Hexoplex to Cat5

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Then do the introduction to WoD. It takes 20 minutes and you have people fighting with you 80% of the time. By the end you'll have your ilevel and you need to do this to set foot into Draenor.

I assume that is the breadcrumb quest I got when I hit 90 to go to the Blasted Lands. I'll do that this evening then.

Mordred

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
I should of clearified what I meant by dungeon options. I was implying WoD options, not Mists. Good luck tonight, the bread crumb quest ends with a trinket upgrade for you. That with Timeless should put you well over 500. If there is no change to Timeless it will be very quick for gear.

Cat5

Cat5 to Hexoplex

to Hexoplex
said by Hexoplex:

said by Cat5:

I assume that is the breadcrumb quest I got when I hit 90 to go to the Blasted Lands. I'll do that this evening then.

Yes, you go to the Blasted Lands, watch a cutscene, then you're in an instanced version of Tannan Jungle (a currently un-enterable Draenor zone). If you read/watch everything (you don't seem like the type) it will take you 45mins to an hour. If you skip text and cutscences it's 20-30 mins.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex

said by Cat5:

(you don't seem like the type)

You're right, I am not.

Thank you everyone for pointing me in the right direction, I would have spent forever in LFG trying to gear up for LFR.
After I do the WoD transition I take it I get my Garrison area...so I guess it's time to read through those posts.

Mordred

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
It is not long after the cut scene. Maybe 30 mins to an hour of questing. It was really quick.
djlar

djlar to Mordred

to Mordred
Wait a second, doesn't timeless isle give i496? that doesn't compute for 500 unless you have some 550's already equipped. (you can buy pvp 550 with gold now right?)

Then it's a long way if you just running dungeons... 1 dungeon for level 90-92, another for 92-87 and another for 97-100

So just 4 dungeons for the span of 10 levels, you'll get bored pretty fast, and those dungeons only give you maybe 4 pieces of gear not enough for the 100 normal requirements (i595)

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex

I have 1 piece of 550 crafted gear, a purple belt, Night Sky... something or other. The one made with Imperial Silk. The rest of my gear is between 420 and 450 ish. Don't want to cheese the ilvl in pvp gear as the healer, I won't last long.
said by djlar:

Then it's a long way if you just running dungeons

I am in no hurry. I have more of a farming play style, I'd rather spend an hour farming up 600 ember silk and doing LFG/LFR than run around doing quests. I'm weird like that.
djlar

djlar

Meh just kill animals near your garrison for fur, sell that on the AH instead

If you are a skinner even better..

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream to Hexoplex

Premium Member

to Hexoplex
no pvp rating anymore, so might as well get pvp gear since it is Ilvl620.

The gear is as good as normal dungeon gear.

Cat5

Cat5 to Carpie

to Carpie
Any one done the last wing yet? I'm hoping it's a little tougher than the first 2.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

No, it's easier.

4-5 packs, no CC required.

Boss is tank and spank. Bombs don't matter. Nothing matters. Ran it on two characters. None of the phases hurt. I DPS'd on one and healed on the other. There was no real threat to anyone's life unless they went out of their way to die.

I would say that other LFR encounters put more people's health bars at risk, specifically twins/ko'ragh. Other than that, imagine LFR butcher with adds.

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

Haven't tried it yet, but i figured that the mines and wrath would be non-issues. Otherwise people would kill the raid, or themselves pretty easily.

I bet people were standing in raid with fixate, if people stacked at all anyway.

Cat5

Cat5 to Exodus

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

No, it's easier.

Oh well.
said by Exodus:

I would say that other LFR encounters put more people's health bars at risk, specifically twins/ko'ragh. Other than that, imagine LFR butcher with adds.

First wing is far far too easy. Second is a little trickier. The trash packs are bad in that they are too far from the path so people skip them, yet one idiot always pulls them. Also the charging trash can lead to silly wipes if the healers are not on the ball. Boss wise the last two I've been close to wiping on before. The flame maze kills pretty easily on the first, and on the latter the melee often get killed and the range are ineffective.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Any one done the last wing yet? I'm hoping it's a little tougher than the first 2.

It is really easy. Stay on boss then turn to adds then back to boss. There are some parts where damage is a bit high but nothing to worry about. The fight seems to be a little bit longer but it is because the boss goes immune at some points.
djlar

djlar

I was laughing hard when people didn't switch to adds and boss was immune, their attempt to pad the meters failed there..

I was targeted twice, never moved, didn't hurt me or anyone standing besides me.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex to Cat5

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Your post makes no sense. Did you hit 90 or 100? You mention being close to WoD dungeons, then mention heroic MoP ones.

I see now why this made no sense. Before I did the WoD Portal quest I had access to Heroic MoP and a few Raids that had iLvl 500 requirements. Once I did the WoD Portal, those were no longer selectable and only had the level 100 Raids and 1 WoD iLvl 500 dungeon.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Hexoplex:

said by Cat5:

I see now why this made no sense. Before I did the WoD Portal quest I had access to Heroic MoP and a few Raids that had iLvl 500 requirements. Once I did the WoD Portal, those were no longer selectable and only had the level 100 Raids and 1 WoD iLvl 500 dungeon.

Did the WoD intro get you over 500 ilevel? I'm pretty sure the gear it rewards is 510+.

Hexoplex
Houston, TX

Hexoplex

No, it got me to like 487. Had I not had an ilvl 200 trinket (Tze' Bell?) and my rings as 450s I think I would have been right there. I didn't spend a lot of time doing MoP and most of my gear was from the AH so I know that affected it.

Cat5

Cat5 to Jobbie

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by Cat5:

It is really easy. Stay on boss then turn to adds then back to boss. There are some parts where damage is a bit high but nothing to worry about. The fight seems to be a little bit longer but it is because the boss goes immune at some points.

Did it first time, no wipes, just.

Damage was crazy high, and it seemed there were only two of us healing. When we went OOM it got a bit hairy. Got the staff though, so no wonder my inscription one isn't selling.
Cluebat
join:2010-03-25
New Bern, NC

Cluebat to djlar

to djlar
I had the same experience and wiped the first attempt. Very lame. There should be a fail achievement for these guys.

Mordred

Mordred to Carpie

to Carpie
said by Hexoplex:

No, it got me to like 487. Had I not had an ilvl 200 trinket (Tze' Bell?)

Woah Tze's Bell. That was my money maker back in Wrath. I sold that trinket alot.