spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Koodo Manitoba/Saskatchewan plan

My plan with Bell is coming up and I'm considering buying my new phone straight from Apple unlocked and going with Koodo with a BYOD discount. I heard of their SK/Manitoba 49.50 plan with 5GB of data, but I know it requires some creative bureaucracy to get it here in Quebec.

Anyone knows the procedure, or if the plan is still available?
akoostik
join:2013-11-07

akoostik

said by TigerLord:

but I know it requires some creative bureaucracy to get it here in Quebec.

Anyone knows the procedure, or if the plan is still available?

...move to one of those provinces....

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I heard that you sign up online, take a Saskatchewan number, and a few days later you port your number in their online portal.

But that was just word of mouth.

I thought about doing that, but in the end decided just to go with Wind here in Toronto, that way the big 3 don't get any money at all from me.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Yeah, you guys are lucky to have Wind.

Our "out of big 3" option is Videotron, which has the shittiest coverage of all providers. Bell has the best coverage in Montreal, so I'd like to keep access to their towers, but not necessarily the name.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to HiVolt

to HiVolt
You cannot sign up for postpaid plans online. You'd have to sign up in store or over the phone with a Saskatchewan number and then initiate a port afterwards. Not sure if you can setup a port request online though.

Also Quebec has some pretty sweet plans as well, not as sweet as MB/SK but still pretty damn good.

The Flash
Premium Member
join:2002-10-17
Toronto, ON

The Flash to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Check out Zoomerwireless, 2GB for $54

They are essentially Rogers but with somewhat decent rates.

»www.zoomerwireless.ca/ra ··· y-plans/

Also let me know if you need a referral

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

The MB/SK Koodo plan is 49.50 (with BYOD credit) for unlimited talk, text, video messaging canada wide and 5GB. Can't be beat really.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r

said by TigerLord:

The MB/SK Koodo plan is 49.50 (with BYOD credit) for unlimited talk, text, video messaging canada wide and 5GB. Can't be beat really.

No you can't, but you don't live there

If you want the Bell network, at better prices and customer service, check out Virgin Mobile. Used them for 2-3 years in Ontario and they were excellent.
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

Virgin's pricing is almost the same as the big networks' these days. For the past year or so, there really hasn't been much of a case for going with Koodo/Fido/Virgin any more, as the plans just plain suck.

If you lucked out and got yourself locked in to one of the student plans from a few years ago (I pay $60/mo for 6GB of data and functionally unlimited nationwide long distance with unlimited global MMS/SMS) then you're fine. But there's no way I'd change my plan to one of the ones they're offering now.